Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The history of this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This section has been through it's ups and downs. From it's Pax Romana to it's Dark Age. I am here just to just bring some life and show you the road this section has taken over the years.

Paleolithic Age
v1-v9

This was the first age of Retro's. A straggling number of developers. Everyone was getting their hands on the kickstart to what we now call Habbo Retros. This was the time of great legends like JoeH, Jeax, Matthew Parlane (author of v7 login). Activity was slow but it WAS picking up..

Classical Greece
v13-v18

Business really kicked off during this period. Nillus, Moogly, mirkan, Donkjam, NGangsta, James,started popping up during this generation. Many projects grew here including Debbo, Bloodline, Hablux, etc. They were all created because of USA111 which was the basis for server development at this time. Customs also started to pop-up during this age. With the start of custom furniture and clothing designers had a say in things too. Legendary designers including people like Tsuka.

Pax Romana
Holograph (v22 - v28) - Pre-Uber

During this period this section got it's biggest boom EVER! Ion, by Nillus (previously mentioned). Holograph by a group of Nillus, maritnmine, vista4life, cecer1, Jordan, and Dissi. Also at this time was the occurrence of the first REAL HABBO WEB APPLICATIONS! HoloCMS by Meth0d and sisija. While, PHPRetro (based off of HoloCMS) by yifan_lu. This was certainly the era of peace and prosperity as Developers helped out Developers and they're weren't trolls (not many) at this point. Development progressed fine.. Until the announcement of Uber Emulator.

Hellenistic
Uber Announcement

Although a short time-period, this is what shaped what this section and community is today. Method had announced his new emulator that would bring us out of Shockwave and into Flash. It was all great but as history tells us, the next age is the worst of all of this section..

The Great Schism
Uber vs Phoenix

This is the worst age ever to hit this section. It isn't like Phoenix just came out of no where and killed the section, it was here during the Pax Romana it just wasn't as prominent. With the announcement of Sojobo purchasing Uber Emulator, nothing came by it until the plans of it under Sojobo's hands were heard. He basically wanted to use it to make money and wasn't going to let the community progress with the source. Luckily MDK did leak a source. Though not what was sold to Aaron, it was a good start. At this point the we could see the Dark clouds coming but they weren't there yet. The section was now split between Leaked Uber and edits made by independent developers and Phoenix.

Dark, Meidival, Feudal Age
Phoenix Only

At this point the only progressing emulator and development is Phoenix. It has no real competition. All releases you see are compatible with Phoenix. The only person making bank right now is Sojobo. 90% of the big hotels run on phoenix. Although Meth0d did try to revive Uber Emulator with Uber Professional or Snowlight, the project died out after about a month and was considered a failed project. The one good thing that DominicGunn and office.boy had done was slow down development in this community including Phoenix with their decision to help Sulake develop a stronger system.

Renaissance
Revision 63 Post-Shuffle

This is the current period of the Habbo Hotel Community. We have a whole bunch of projects progressing after the shuffling of packet. New developers start to really show up! Old developers including Jordan, DominicGunn, etc. have started to return as well. Phoenix is starting to lose control over this section with the appearance of the masses of independent developers helping each other to continue development onto Revision 64. So this is where we're at right now, and hopefully we stay in this period for a long time and could possibly re-create another Pax Romana and not another Dark Age​.

Pax Habbolica
Current

The section is now booming. After the scuffle and shuffle of sulake's packets people are starting to understand how it works. New different developments are starting to show from surprising names. No feature is bound to habbo.com anymore. Emulators and Emulator Edits are popping up left and right. We now have the tools to fully compete if not surpass habbo. The future seems bright as end-users are choosing independent developments over the once super power'd Phoenix. What could possibly happen next?

What are your thoughts, hopes for this section?

If I missed out on an important event within this section.. tell me!

Last edited:
Crawl Me Maybe
Reaction score
My Hopes for this section is for Retros and Habbo to go their seperate ways, for example, we start to move away from copying every move Habbo does and have some of our own ideas for Retros. There may be a down side to this although as if Retro's start to become more popular and higher-developed than Habbo currently is, Sulake may actually start to take an effect on the development of Habbo Retros.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ah, I remember lurking around this section back when v1-v9 was around :)

From looking at the emulators that Jordan and Dom are working on, this section is going to get a real boost very soon ^^

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Fair warning not all the information above is as accurate as it could be. :) Us old one's recall different things, and barely remember certain sides.

My hopes for this community died when it became a business, I don't mind people making money, but when it's off someone else's work, or via destructive means, it's just Ducking stupid.

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
This is a really nice thread, takes me back to the olden days and recall on everything the Habbo section of RZ has gone through. I don't know if you know, but I remember I was part of the Hablux development team with Donkjam and Moogly. Good times :')

P.S, I also remember that 'war' between RZ and Otaku, and the way that leechers would come on RZ and steal all our work lol ^^

Thanks for the memories!
Reaction score
You realize Hellenistic isn't an era, its a type of culture. And if we start to see a lot more releases of emulators, then yes, we are going to have ourselves another "Pax Romana" or Peace in Rome. That saying actually started with "Pax Mongolia" and was adopted by the Roman's. Jesus I just realized how much I actually learned from my History class. Anyway, I know all the developers listed above have great projects coming up and I definitely see a future for this section. I know I am working on quite a few big things. Great, great, great thread!

Reaction score
I've been here since v1 and Phoenix (then Otaku Hotel) has been too, js. I was actually the only Habbo Ragezone moderator at the time.
Back before the section required 5+ moderators to get rid of the amount of poop posted here nowadays.

Also
Luckily MDK did leak a source. Though not what was sold to Aaron, it was a good start.
is wrong, as far as I'm aware.

Reaction score
I've been here since the classical greece.
I may not be that popular, but I've done my fair share of releases and developments.
And as far as I remember, the classical greece/pax romana were the best times of this section.
Now it's just people keeping codes to their selves and not sharing.
I've shared just about everything I've made, and if I didn't I planned to but couldn't cause I lost it.
I would like to see the community like that again. Everyone getting along not trolling and sharing what they know to help the community and make it better. Reading this actually makes me wanna get back into the habbo scene and start working again.
In fact, I think I'm gonna do that.
Thanks for the history lesson and bringing up the past. I think that's my motivation right there (;

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
I would like to see the community like that again. Everyone getting along not trolling and sharing what they know to help the community and make it better.

For us to have a community like that again, we need some actual good, dedicated users who put in 100% effort in their developments. Half of the coders currently active here have little knowledge of whatever they are trying to 'code', and the others are just pure lazy. There's only a small percentage of people who are actually putting in the effort to keep this section alive and well.

Plus, it's good to see some old faces here, I don't know if you remember me rickymenier but I remember all the good stuff you've released here in the past few years.

Reaction score
This is a really nice thread, takes me back to the olden days and recall on everything the Habbo section of RZ has gone through. I don't know if you know, but I remember I was part of the Hablux development team with Donkjam and Moogly. Good times :')

P.S, I also remember that 'war' between RZ and Otaku, and the way that leechers would come on RZ and steal all our work lol ^^

Sorry, I'll ad ya in later.

Back before the section required 5+ moderators to get rid of the amount of poop posted here nowadays.

Also

is wrong, as far as I'm aware.

I used to talk to MDK, if it wasn't him directly he did FUEL the leak.

I roamed around during the Greek period, and have been registered since Pax Romana times. Rose up ever since.

And for those who say these are errors? This is directly from Me and Moogkip's memory, as he posted before!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sadly I missed out on all ages expect this one, it would have been nice to be around in the old days of Habbo/Retros.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been here since v1 and Phoenix (then Otaku Hotel) has been too, js. I was actually the only Habbo Ragezone moderator at the time.

If you really want to drag up people who've been here from then start, then I, ThuGie, Flex, Genaga all need to be listed aswell. Without us, USA111 would be no where.

Though the history isn't that "complete". It gives a nice overview.

Bui

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Nice list, it is nice to see something like this on this forum.

I miss Tsuka, his art is amazing :(

Reaction score
I used to talk to MDK, if it wasn't him directly he did FUEL the leak.

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I was aiming that at the source not being the one Aaron had, the source was just as fucked up when Aaron purchased it. The leaked version was the one Aaron got, that's the impression I was given anyway.

ps: \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I was aiming that at the source not being the one Aaron had, the source was just as fucked up when Aaron purchased it. The leaked version was the one Aaron got, that's the impression I was given anyway.

ps: \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

The source that was released is the same source Aaron got.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow, did some one actually delete my post that informed people that the 'mdk' that was floating around ~2 years ago, wasn't actually the MDK from 2005? That post contained very valuable, accurate and important historical information. Especially since the real 'MDK' could re-surface at any time.

Reaction score
Wow, did some one actually delete my post that informed people that the 'mdk' that was floating around ~2 years ago, wasn't actually the MDK from 2005? That post contained very valuable, accurate and important historical information. Especially since the real 'MDK' could re-surface at any time.

I didn't delete your post about mdk (I forgot to post about that myself) I was just going around cleaning the thread and since you started a trend of red lettering and Mithex continued it I had to remove it. Why do you always complain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back