Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The history of this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
By no means you are a leecher.. But this section needs producers. Users shouldn't hope that people show up and wow us (Look what that guy who acted like a chick did!). It isn't particularly hard to learn how to write code. There's enough people willing to help users learn the ropes, trust me on that.

I know I'm rambling on but just understand that instead of posting about a better section, do something about it.. (tl;dr) (Message to not just you but the whole section (contribute in your own way) )

I'm not a leecher, In fact I've not used anything here for months... and I don't really want to do anything about it, I come here to see whats happening around here, I don't really care what people pop up as I'm not going to use it, And why would someone prefer to develop for illegal uses other than actually use their skills for something useful, lets say create your own MMO instead of emulating an already dying MMO.

And I don't contribute because I don't want to, last time I checked it was optional, I don't owe this section anything neither does it owe me anything, I come here to see whats happening, if I used anything here maybe I would contribute.

You probably don't get what I mean but I really don't care.

Don't take that the wrong way its just calling me a leecher is really Ducking funny as I don't use anything here.

So what are you going to say next except "by all means you're a leecher" because by all means I'm not :D

Old Habbo Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I did not say "By all means you are a leecher"

I said "By no means are you a leecher"
:sleep:
That should tell you where the lack of Reading Comprehension is... -_-

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why so much hate on Project Phoenix? It was there when nothing else was.
Imagine the community if Phoenix did not exist, Maybe this section would be dead, Maybe this thread wouldent even exited. Butterfly which is the best non-license emulator out is also BASED on a leak of Project Phoenix. So without Phoenix there would never be any Butterfly emulator. And then its just wrong to say that it was a dark time when it was 'only Phoenix'. Maybe there wouldent even be any active developments? Maybe we would have sticked to Old School Habbo (v26). Many things could have happend, but one thing is sure: Without Phoenix the community would never be were it was now.

I still enjoy Phoenix, many do. And in my opinion its the most stable emulator at this time and hope it still will be!

Last edited:
idk what to put here
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why so much hate on Project Phoenix? It was there when nothing else was.
Imagine the community if Phoenix did not exist, Maybe this section would be dead, Maybe this thread wouldent even exited. Butterfly which is the best non-license emulator out is also BASED on a leak of Project Phoenix. So without Phoenix there would never be any Butterfly emulator. And then its just wrong to say that it was a dark time when it was 'only Phoenix'. Maybe there wouldent even be any active developments? Maybe we would have sticked to Old School Habbo (v26). Many things could have happend, but one thing is sure: Without Phoenix the community would never be were it was now.

I still enjoy Phoenix, many do. And in my opinion its the most stable emulator at this time and hope it still will be!

As much as I like Phoenix, I'd have to disagree. If there was no such thing as Phoenix, people would probably start to have the interest in developing emulators. Obviously no one is going to spend time on an emulator if someone is doing it for you. You have to think of today's generation, we're lazy as duck. If someones willing to do all the work while we sit on our butt, why even bother? Don't get me wrong, there are still a few people who dedicate their time. I just think if Phoenix wasn't around, people would have more ambition to code. That's just my opinion, I'm excited to see where the retro industry leads to in the future.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can't blame Phoenix entirely for the decline of this section. Sure, it played a big part in killing off people's desires to learn how to program, but surely, some of the fault lays in them too? I mean, if you're going to play a passive role in letting it happen, you deserve the blame for not actively trying to do anything. However, in recent times, more people are learning how to program, so that constrictive effect is kinda lessening.

Also, @Oleaa, that post of yours was quite inaccurate.

idk what to put here
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can't blame Phoenix entirely for the decline of this section. Sure, it played a big part in killing off people's desires to learn how to program, but surely, some of the fault lays in them too? I mean, if you're going to play a passive role in letting it happen, you deserve the blame for not actively trying to do anything. However, in recent times, more people are learning how to program, so that constrictive effect is kinda lessening.

Also, @Oleaa, that post of yours was quite inaccurate.

I'm blaming our generation, not Phoenix development.

Old Habbo Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As much as I like Phoenix, I'd have to disagree. If there was no such thing as Phoenix, people would probably start to have the interest in developing emulators. Obviously no one is going to spend time on an emulator if someone is doing it for you. You have to think of today's generation, we're lazy as duck. If someones willing to do all the work while we sit on our butt, why even bother? Don't get me wrong, there are still a few people who dedicate their time. I just think if Phoenix wasn't around, people would have more ambition to code. That's just my opinion, I'm excited to see where the retro industry leads to in the future.

Exactly! That's exactly how I feel about the "Phoenix" thing. I have nothing against Phoenix, but if we never had it I'm pretty sure there would be many more developments floating around, furthermore completed developments. Now since people are being spoonfed that luxury to buy a Phoenix License and Aaron does all of the coding, it makes them feel like they're in Paradise and don't have to do anything, but wait on the next update. Also, since Phoenix has came, developing rates have dropped majorly and all of the actual main developers are working privately and have removed their developments. It would be nice to have more people to develop.

swagggggg
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I love the fact how loads of people are saying without Phoenix we'd have more developments on-going, well would you duck. Some people may not wan't to pay for Phoenix, so they develop their own emulator, there's your answer, the only reason you've got people Ducking about with emulators ect in this section is because they think you shouldn't have to pay for an Emulator, so think about it, if Phoenix wasn't licensed, everybody would use it because no-one will know better, but because Phoenix is licensed and people don't wan't to pay for it, they develop their own emulator for the public (in some cases).

P.S, I have a Phoenix license.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I love the fact how loads of people are saying without Phoenix we'd have more developments on-going, well would you duck. Some people may not wan't to pay for Phoenix, so they develop their own emulator, there's your answer, the only reason you've got people Ducking about with emulators ect in this section is because they think you shouldn't have to pay for an Emulator, so think about it, if Phoenix wasn't licensed, everybody would use it because no-one will know better, but because Phoenix is licensed and people don't wan't to pay for it, they develop their own emulator for the public (in some cases).

P.S, I have a Phoenix license.

Or because they want to learn more of a language...
Or because they like to be nice to the community...
Or because they believe there should be more of a variety of emulators...

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Perfectly good? Rooms don't even work properly, yeh good, whilst in Phoenix they do...
What a crock of poop, you're just another lazy butt Special person who can't fix a simple thing. LEARN and FIX.

swagggggg
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What a crock of poop, you're just another lazy butt Special person who can't fix a simple thing. LEARN and FIX.

Exactly my point, you penis. People can't be fucked to fix or learn, so they use Phoenix, which I don't do Habbo anymore.

Oh and if Butterfly is so good, why when Matty13 commented on it saying the source is terrible, it's been hacked at to get it stable, most of the 'top' developers liked it?

Judging by the code written in Butterfly, they are awful programmers. Looks like they just hacked there way at it for stability.

Proof: http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/ban-fly-butterfly-fly-butterfly-856243/index3.html

Last post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back