Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official [MEGATHREAD] Habbo 2020

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [MEGATHREAD] Habbo shows first look of the new UI

Yeah, I thibk they're changing it to 'before 2021'.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

At this pace, Chloe is gonna finish her new client before Habbo does. Retros progressing further than Habbo, so weird, and so good.

What about the closed Beta, nobody knows anything about it and the Beta testers? It makes me think that maybe it still isn't even 'testable'.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

At this pace, Chloe is gonna finish her new client before Habbo does. Retros progressing further than Habbo, so weird, and so good.

What about the closed Beta, nobody knows anything about it and the Beta testers? It makes me think that maybe it still isn't even 'testable'.
The fact that they ONLY show mockups is worrying too.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

According to Azerion's country manager, the closed beta is launching this September.

Sources:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Do you have some sort of URL that directly links to the claim? Maybe even add an image (screenshot) with it :p

I have now updated my other post with sources.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Update:

Also a BETA button has been found in the code of sandbox.habbo.com.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Some new info:

Bye forever room trading.
The "relatively" soon announcement sounds like another month without any updates.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Since there was the beta open for people to test, this thread has been moved back and you can create your own threads if you wish, about Habbo 2020 in this official Habbo forum section.

Ragezone Furni Releaser
Reaction score
Holy poop its slow. It took like 3 minutes to load on my Intel Core i7...

The UI seems to be designed with tablets & phones as primary devices (the font is way to large on a regular laptop/computer). But with the market shifting towards mobile gaming for the last few years (at least for the age group Habbo is aimed at) this seems like a very wise business decision.

Quackster - [MEGATHREAD] Habbo 2020 - RaGEZONE Forums

However, neglecting a large proportion of the current userbase (which is mostly pc users) seems a bit weird. Its not that hard to make the UI responsive, certainly with a larger development team. Since they are switching to this new client, starting January the 1st, this is probably what we will get.

Reaction score
It's horrible. They managed to rip the last bit of Habbo out of Habbo. It's slow and ugly, took 3-4 mins to get to the hotel view on my gaming computer. I get the UI changes to favor tablet, but I don't see kids downloading it on their tablet at all, I see them skipping it altogether.

Reaction score
Not sure about the load time everyone's complaining about. For me it loaded in like 20-30s.

It would have been more pleasing if they kept the pixelated style, instead of the slik smooth butt style. It totally does NOT fit Habbo in my humble opinion.

Reaction score
Not sure about the load time everyone's complaining about. For me it loaded in like 20-30s.

It would have been more pleasing if they kept the pixelated style, instead of the slik smooth butt style. It totally does NOT fit Habbo in my humble opinion.

Time from client page open to room load (with caching):
Flash: 8sec
Unity: 30sec

Back