Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone there?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello friend from RYL World,

the reason of this post is to see if we still have any Programmers, Intusiasts and RYLovers acessing this forum, it seems to be a graveyard of memories in this days..

are you messing with any RYL project?

Hope you are all safe and healthy

^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Any kind soul here can guide me on setting up a proper ROW private server? I have a group of friends and myself had missed this game so much that we wanted to play it but couldnt find any decent server. I am planning to host a private server so whoever enjoy this classic mmorpg can play together. I am a software engineer myself, but i need some help to kick start on this. Any help is appreciated thanks!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello!
Ah what i miss this game remember the first time it came out the best years of my child hood!

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how i can get the modules for all the characters and maps, so i can import it in unreal i wanna try to make it new generation graphics.
Do anyone of you still here have or know where i can get without my virus signs jumps all over my screen <,<

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there...

That's so nice to heard 'bout...

Maybe you need to explore more in texture...
But I can't guarantee for free virus files...

As I remember, default texture is already good enough...
You can try to experiment if you want too..

PS : Before this I'm working on v2244 Server but got problem that need to downgrade back to v2240... Maybe I'll try on v1753 after this...

Reaction score
You can mod Client.exe (playing with ASM while finding correct offset) to enable downgrade system like v1753. I forgot which client.exe had that, it just late 2006 if im not wrong. before RYL2 Incomplete Union taken down by full of hacks and cheaters.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's little bit hard to find the clean and fresh file that support those properties... But at least we can try with what we got for now alas we need new fresh treads of things...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To be true, old files from this forum is good basic materials but need more on expanding stuffs and supports... Sometimes, I also messing up my Server Setup but manage to run and play in offline mode for now...

PS : For me, making an Online Private Server for now is not priority since I need to learn more on Scripts, coding and such on the list...

Reaction score
exactly thats what you should do .. debug, testing, creating your new stuff in offline that's the best way.. i did last time and it worth me alot of time spending + learning as well ..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Right now, I can running well my Server, but My Machine need more storage for necessary things on Databases... So need to upgrade those too...

PS : My Offline Server is running in Virtual Machine mode that make me to access the Client in ease... If you'll wanna know; so far, so good...

Back