Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Off-Topic - Community chat thread.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Animation Tools For Official R.O.S.E

It's nice to tell you will release stuff one by one, but if the next one will be released next year just don't do it :D
It seems that what was once an open source project is now ruled by the ones who have things who can help others but doesn't share :'(
This has been the case since the beginning of rose private servers.
I got things before other people got it. I didn't bother sharing it, cause I don't want people to have everything I got with hard work.
at some point I released stuff as I was done with Rose anyway. I still have stuff laying around that I don't want to release as it's my personal work I did into the files, which cost me hours to figure out. There will always be stuff that is private and will never be released. I've set all these releases slowly in progress tho. Due to my evo release. There should be enough out there to create a "decent" and "working" private server, even if the code is sloppy and bad.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well i'm part of the french xnova dev team (not on this forum). And i see that people share mods and stuff pretty much everyday.
And i'm now doing some coding on rose too. And it's pretty hard to start with just the stuff available on the osrose forum.
Few tools left and right who doesn't work 50% of the time. So i can imagine why not everybody want to start a server.
Then on the other hand you have the peoples who have all the tools and bugs fixed or the correct packets and that kind of stuff. Who are able to create great servers but doesn't share anything or try to sell it for an absurd amount of money.

So when people like that 'Matt' tells he will release some decent code, people like me and you are pretty happy to see things like that coming. So that we can improve.

And if you begin to tell that it costed you hours to figure it out, then for what reason did you started a private server ? I mean this is i guess just a hobby kind of thing. So why bother about those hours ? And if you spend hours on something and don't share, there will be 500 other persons who will spend hours just to do the same as you. So we all basically are inventing the wheel again because nobody shares. I'm not telling you that what you do is wrong, but it's just sad that people in general doesn't share in this project. (Or maybe it's because the majority is from the Philippines or others country's nearby :eek:tt1: just joking here)

Reaction score

The thing is, the majority of people here are so greedy that the devs who had an intention of sharing just didn't want to anymore.
I don't want to share stuff to greedy people who just want my stuff to make money with it.
If people weren't so greedy, stuff would be shared around happily.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes to bad it turned out this way. New devs who want to really help can't because they don't have the right tools and bases to start of.
Then some will say that you can take the dev rev 4 or what ever lower version, but some bugs just are there on all versions, and nobody want to share how they fixed it. It's not with this game that you will start a multi-millionaire business...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Yes to bad it turned out this way. New devs who want to really help can't because they don't have the right tools and bases to start of.
Then some will say that you can take the dev rev 4 or what ever lower version, but some bugs just are there on all versions, and nobody want to share how they fixed it. It's not with this game that you will start a multi-millionaire business...
No, but sharing the fixes will cause "bad" server to rise in less bugs. which causes the popular server that I work for and pays me to fix them to get less popular and I will lose my payment/money. It's the same as a big company creates a program, then some random pair of dudes create a open-source platform that will do the same. That big company will lose a lot of sales, because why pay xk euro's for something that does the same as a free open-source platform. It's not how we work, it is how the current economy works. Please don't lecture me on these things. (For example look at xsplit it was the most used program to stream, now there is OBS and everybody left xsplit and uses the free open-source platform called OBS. so xsplit saw a drop in sales drastically) It's basically cutting my own profit right there. It's not that I don't want to share it, but it's the fact that maybe I live on it? (I stopped rose, but just an example right there)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I agree if it was like a real project. Not some private 'illegal' project. That is the whole point of having private servers of a game no ?
Like i said, i can't imagine that someone is actually living on private servers...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Have you seen Arua Rose? XD

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

That's one of the few exceptions actually, most servers are just loosing money.
A lot of server go even with the donations and item malls

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

well look at na-rose... they make barely 1/4th than what they use to make off the game...
mostly cause they lost A LOT of there players threw there updates.

they still making some money but....

i think 3 official server have fallen to lack of funds in the end...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

well look at na-rose... they make barely 1/4th than what they use to make off the game...
mostly cause they lost A LOT of there players threw there updates.

they still making some money but....

i think 3 official server have fallen to lack of funds in the end...

Is Wish falling too?

Reaction score

From the looks of it, I haven't been able to find their client download anymore.
And the fact that they changed websites isn't helping them either.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
not entirely shocked....
maybe there will be more leaks happening form old j-rose staff then eh.... kinda how it happens

Back