About the game development

MemberRank
    Apr 2016 Join Date
    3Posts

About the game development

Is there anything new released for the game development or everyone keeps stuff for themselves at this point, or it’s development is dead

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    USALocation
    661Posts

Re: About the game development

Most of what's been released for game development is libre/"open source" software that you can find on Github. As far as keeping stuff for themselves, the people doing that haven't change, but they are kinda irrelevant at this point. My offline job and moderating duties take up most of my time and energy since Covid hit so my development is a standstill. So I guess you'll just have to wait until people's lives get better before you get more free stuff.
    Happy Hacking!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."-Dr. Seuss

I don't want admiration. I want you to follow my example.
    The best way to bring moderator attention to a post is to use the report button (⚠️).

Like my releases or want to thank me? -> give me rep. (✶ at bottom left)
    For other displays of affection -> use the like button.
    Moderator of Trickster Online & f168
    RZ Dev

True MemberRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    1,188Posts

Re: About the game development

Unfortunately, this is rather standard for Trickster. We don't have a large dev community like Ragnarok Online does, so things are bound to be private. The motive is solely monetary for the large servers.

If it makes you feel any better, all of my tools (excluding my crappy NRI creator and patch list maker) are open source on Github already. I haven't done much work on Trickster recently, but most of what I do becomes open source.
    Quote Originally Posted by yolinlin View Post
    wocao,you are very diao!
    [5:11:41 PM] oxysoft: everyone thumb down iceblade112 [link to post removed by grate mod]

Advertisement