Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Setting up a Conquer Online Server [Old]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The files here are outdated. If you want newer files, be sure to check the release threads.

This guide is for the CoEmu release, NOT the XSCO release.

Well after finally getting the Conquer Online server to work, I've decided I was going to make a guide. The CO server files are no where near completed and are being worked on by CoEmu, so don't complain about buggy files or posting why something isn't in the server because most likely it hasn't been coded in yet.

Router Users
Make sure you forward ports 5432, 5861, and 9958!

Required Files

Download and install the above two programs. Make sure you remember the password you used while installing PostgreSQL, or you won't be able to connect to the database later.

Download the server files from . These files are not the source, they are the built version of the source.

Download the database backup from .

Setting up the Server

Database

Go into your C: drive and make these folders;

Code:
C:\COFullDB
C:\COFullDB\Main
C:\COFullDB\Main\AuthTables
C:\COFullDB\Main\CharacterData
C:\COFullDB\Main\Indexes
C:\COFullDB\Main\OtherData
Once you created these folders, right click on COFullDB, go to properties and share it with full access.

Run PGAdmin and create a server named Conquer. Use the username and password you used when installing PostgreSQL 8.2.

Right click Databases under the Conquer server, create a database named Conquer, right click it and click Restore. Click "..." and browse for the backup.

Click OK and you should get this at the end of the query;
Code:
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 1

Process returned exit code 1.
Click "Cancel".

Press the + next to the Conquer database. Press the + next to Schemas. Press the + next to Public. Press the + next to tables. Right click the "Servers" table and click "View Data". Put your server name and your IP. Save and close.

Your database is now ready!

Server Files

Extract the server files and go into the Config.ini file. Make sure it looks like this;

Code:
[Database]
DBname= [COLOR=Lime]username[/COLOR]
Password= [COLOR=Red]password[/COLOR]

[Server]
Default-IP=[COLOR=Cyan]192.168.1.102[/COLOR]
Pserver1-IP=[COLOR=Cyan]192.168.1.102[/COLOR]

[Options]
XPrate=1
Code:
[COLOR=Lime]User name you used to install the PostgreSQL server.
[COLOR=Red]Password you used to install the PostgreSQL server
[COLOR=Cyan]Your IP[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Client

Get the client .

Go into the client and open server.dat and edit it to this;

Code:
[Header]
GroupAmount=1
Group1=GroupPic9

[Group1]
ServerAmount=1

Server1=Test
Ip1=YourIPgoesHere
Port1=9958
ServerName1=Test
HintWord1=
Pic1=servericon73
Adding Accounts

Go into the Conquer database and go to the tables. Right click the Accounts table and click View Data.

Put your account name here. DO NOT put the password. Leave all the other fields blank. The password for the account will be set when you login. If you put a password here, you will fail to connect to the gameserver when you try to login.

Commands

The commands for the server may be found in the attachment on this post.

To be able to use all of the commands, go into the account table, and on your account set the flags colum from 0 to 8. This will make your account a GM account.

Credits

All credits go to the CoEmu team. All I did was make the guide and compile the files.

I made this guide kind of in a rush so if something doesn't work or you don't understand something, ask your question here.

If you are unable to follow this guide successfully, check out this guide.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cheers for the guide man but i got a little problem if u dnt mind helping and that is that i cant connect to my server it comes up with can niot connect to server please try again later any ideas cheers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ohk man ill try that cheers for the quick reply

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ohk my server is listing on the wrong ip it is listing on 10.1.1.4 and i cant change it sorry to be such a noob

Reaction score
ohk my server is listing on the wrong ip it is listing on 10.1.1.4 and i cant change it sorry to be such a noob

Try using to change your IP so the sever will load that IP on the server. I've heard it works but I've never tried it. I'll look though the source and see if there is a way to allow you to put your own IP in the server instead of having it detect it.

For now, you should be able to connect to your server using 10.1.1.4 , but other people won't be able to connect.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
pgAdminIII won't connect to Conquer :( ! And i don't how 2 create a DB .. You didn't mentioned that .
EDIT: And hostname should be my ip no ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sry 4 double post,but i try with localhost,it works that way ^_^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I figured that out,2 bad no npc's in game ! O and what's the difference between the CO Client & the QO Client ?

Reaction score
I figured that out,2 bad no npc's in game ! O and what's the difference between the CO Client & the QO Client ?

The QO client is an older client version. I'm not sure if the server works with the official client. If you have the official client then it would be great if you could check on that.

There are NPCs, just not everywhere.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How come most of the commands arent working? Did I forget something when initializing the server?

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice guided dude~!
iam trying ~^^'

PS: Ron,add me(i adding you),thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back