Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

999 ping after they left the game.

Be a kicker than cheater.
Reaction score
Do you know how to fix this problem?

Problem #1
We are 10 players playing in a studio/1room and with low ping and good connection.
When 2 players (P1 & P2) left the game. 5 of us (P3, P4, P5, P6, P7) can still see them in the stage game as '999 ping' and no message appear as 'P1/P2 left the game', but the 3 of us (P8, P9, P10) have received the message 'P1 & P2 left the game' from server and those 2 players (P1 & P2) is no longer existing to the game of the 3 players (P8, P9, P10).....

We have faced this problem multiple times. The problem happens on stage game when someone will leave = and 1 or more from the stage game can/will encounter it.

Problem #2
If I go create a game (alone) and to START. The players that I have played with last time suddenly joined the game (less than a second) with 999 ping (AE). And if I go rejoin, only me in the stage.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Even today this is a big problem, I can say that few src have a solution to this (when I was reviewing the files of Artic Gunz, I realized that they made changes in the MatchServer and the p2p connection of the client server, a simple AES encryption, but with a bit more complexity, this made it still give 999 all will connectOn the other hand, there is the Refined system and that is a fix in the source of (IGunz GitHub), where in the original repository it gives error 999, I used it for a while it did not give me complications but the source itself is very bug , I had thought to pass this system to my source or check the one of artic to see which is better

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Even today this is a big problem, I can say that few src have a solution to this (when I was reviewing the files of Artic Gunz, I realized that they made changes in the MatchServer and the p2p connection of the client server, a simple AES encryption, but with a bit more complexity, this made it still give 999 all will connectOn the other hand, there is the Refined system and that is a fix in the source of (IGunz GitHub), where in the original repository it gives error 999, I used it for a while it did not give me complications but the source itself is very bug , I had thought to pass this system to my source or check the one of artic to see which is better

Did you follow the Gunz 1.5 project from Jetman (and others) on GitHub?
https://forum.ragezone.com/f245/release-client-db-server-files-1198962/

They deleted it recently, but... before they deleted it, Secrets made a stram making changes to the source code of this project, changes related to the matchagent/server connection.
Maybe there is no connection with this same problem, but a test would be valid.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you had read about this, the truth is that "aha" they do that they always contribute things and then when they see that they can sell the content they close the repository

Upvote 0
Be a kicker than cheater.
Reaction score
Thank you guys.
Hope someone will reply too.
Problem #3 is the unexpected runnable/client-crash
But today. Our server, we are facing an unexpected client-crash after a few game or round. I tried to debug it using the "gunz.dmp" and it return/break to the line from ZCharacter.cpp function: ZCharacter::IsTeam().
Few players are lucky to have a no crash issue but there is a time also that they will be crashed from stage game. And most of the players are keep on having client-crash after few or several rounds or minutes, especially in ladder/CW. Very disappointing especially in CW match, they keep having a client-crash, and also running the runnable again and again.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
After investigating what happened to the repository, when some people see they are selling the code as if they were the owners, so the owner himself decided to put it in private, what can be done, it was already something public.

isteam is a virtual function, if I remember correctlytravels from ZActor - ZCharacter - ZOBJECTS and other places moreI recommend using control + f to search all the Isteam and verify that all the virtual ones are connected and add an "override", "final override" part of a "const", you can see this in the refined source, another problem of lag of the characters when moving, it is related to the update and onupdate

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you had read about this, the truth is that "aha" they do that they always contribute things and then when they see that they can sell the content they close the repository

I followed a little about this project but I didn't get to clone the last version. Didn't know that about the sale either.
Do you have the latest version?

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The last one as such, but I already checked the connection and it is not related to the nat, I am applying a system to my gunz, I hope to finish tonight

Upvote 0
Back