Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

General Community Warning - Don't buy stuff on Discord that you can get for free.

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score
Hi,

Lately, I've seen a lot of scam artists post in my name, or in others' names, claiming to have 'unique code' for sale that no one else has.

This is false and no such code is available for sale. Nor do I give a flying duck about your money.

I would like to mention something in particular, so you can avoid being scammed:

With a bit of Googling, you can find, on Github, completely working GunZ server code for free that does not require you to pay a single dime.

The 'unique features' you are being offered, such as Challenge Quest, Infected, Blitzkrieg, and Spy Mode are fully available for no charge on Github via Jetman182's GunZ 1.5 repository. They are the works of myself, Jetman182, and old FreeStyle GunZ developers such Linear88, myself, Jetman, McSic, and others - and are complete, fully functional recreations of the modes offered and created by Masangsoft (current rights holder) / MAIET Entertainment (a now-defunct company) and there is no reason anyone should pay a dime for individual pieces, large swaths, or even small patches of code.

It doesn't matter the ownership of the code - except when it comes to Masangsoft. Masangsoft is the sole rights-holder of GunZ and anyone claiming otherwise is lying to you, including those Brazilian / Peruvian cyber criminals who compromised MAIET's defunct domains and are masquerading as Joongpil Cho (Venister) who is no longer in control of the GunZ IP, as he sold the rights to Masangsoft when MAIET became defunct.

Let's be real. It's 2021. There is no profit to be had in GunZ unless you are FGunZ or UGG, the two remaining servers with population that will actually pay for items. Play there if you want to play GunZ. There is no opportunity if you have zero skill to host a GunZ server. The community is dead and it will never come back if you think you can just pay your way to server hosting relevance.

If you think you are going to buy code, put zero effort into a Gunz server and succeed, you are sorely mistaken and misguided. Do not listen to the lies of various scam artists. You do not understand what the game needs in 2021, and I will vehemently defend my past work in recreating GunZ's various features out of an undying love for the game.

At this point in GunZ's lifecycle, there are very few places where unique and game-changing code is developed and produced, let alone sold.

If you're looking for old releases on RaGEZONE, very few links will work, and there is a very slim chance you will find someone willing to provide a backup on this forum. Most competent developers do not lurk here, and we certainly do not randomly approach you on Discord asking to sell you something that you can obtain for free

Out of limited respect for this website and its failing ad revenue to keep itself alive, I won't post where to find those sources and I leave it to other respected developers like @Rain, @zkxjzmswkwl (Spore) and others to actually post their archives and repositories.

Please do not close this thread; I am expecting others to contribute to where you can get the latest and greatest archival releases of content posted throughout GunZ's history.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Worth noting Jeff privated that repository (because people were selling it, etc etc, I'd imagine).

Also, Wolfie's got a fantastic archive page.

Last edited:
Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score
@cmb Please do! Community would love to see that, I am sure.

If you still have revision history, that would be great to have in itself. I know of more than just a few people who would be interested in seeing that to learn from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please pm me here if you guys have discord about gunz community cuz i have lot's of question on it maybe you guys help me to solve every single of my question about it if you dont mind thanks :)

Reaction score
Please pm me here if you guys have discord about gunz community cuz i have lot's of question on it maybe you guys help me to solve every single of my question about it if you dont mind thanks :)

There is a gunz community with most noticeable developers in there. it's called gunz.gg the website is under maintenance atm but you can join the discord through here

on topic -

This honestly had to be said and i'm glade someone did it, I think its very cringe and absolutely lowlife to go around selling free stuff to people especially if people have worked very hard on the product to give it for free to the public. Just disrespectful

Back