Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is it possible to make a Gunz 2 but with the mechanics of the Gunz 1?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all friends. I have been wondering for years if it is possible to make a Gunz 2 but with the mechanics of the Gunz 1.

Sorry, it's still a silly question, but I've always had that question.

Because I don't think there is a Gunz 1 with better graphics or something, right?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's completely viable.

People will say it's not because this community has almost never followed through on ambitious projects, for various reasons.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Of course it is possible, but more than all the people who speak, you build this source, I can enter, reading the structure of the gunz2 code, you know that rev is the released source.In general it is possible and elsewhere, I do not want to go to the graphic part because it is a persistence of time it is better to invest all time in an animation exporter and pass everything to another engine engine that is almost the same job.The physique structure of gunz2 is different, you must revert the whole system or add some kind of compatibility, I have tried to do it, but I could only import mesh, not animationsthe second, he really wants to use the Net of gunz2, I imagine you know why it failedI am not a great programmer and educated, but if I know how to do my thing, I tried to implement things from the gunz2 engine and it was a bit fatal to me since the difference in the codes is something visible, not in the complexity center if not adaptation , I managed to implement the shaders, but it was of no use if I could not apply shaders on clothesmy recommendation is to create an exporter of animations to work and leave behind realspace2 an engine that turns on frankqustein

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nesux is over-complicating this and suggesting that it isn't worth your time.

Your time is just that. Your time. If you want to do this, you can just do it. It's completely possible. It's not easy, but it's not remarkably hard and it will not take you as long as people on Ragezone like to think it would.

Just go for it man. Let me know if you put a repo up and I'll help out.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Upload a github and I'll gladly support it, this would be great if it succeeded :)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I was doing a bit of work changing the engine from RS3 to RS2, first with the D3D and RApplication functions

As soon as I start I can publish some code to be corrected, or sold what I know first xdxdxd

Upvote 0
Back