Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Where do I safely download and create a Gunz server? (HELP)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello all friends.

I tried to follow some tutorial videos to create a Gunz server, to play with several friends (just us, at least for now), but unfortunately they came with viruses and Trojans, so now I don't know where I can safely download the Gunz server.

I'm just looking to create a basic server, and some guide to know how to do it, I currently have sql server 2019 + sql server management installed.

I would really be happy even if I can only play alone, against quests/boss etc., as if it was a 1 player game or an offline game.

Thanks in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You already check or ? its a good start.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
there are several usable 1.5 projects, if you want something stable I recommend you build with summer 2011 and add things for the others it has modifications that may create disadvantages

It shows the lack of knowledge you have regarding these two projects, first Refined has a NAT error, Ping viewer and delay viewer (fatal errors) and Open, does not have the nat error, but the other one and some more

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
... It shows the lack of knowledge you have regarding these two projects, first Refined has a NAT error, Ping viewer and delay viewer (fatal errors) and Open, does not have the nat error, but the other one and some more

@off Maybe for a beginner like you its a hard start.

#topic

using an open source project you can better follow the development of a source with good programmers, avoiding sources with exploits / crooks. Open-gunz/refined are good sources as there are several modifications that left both the server and the client light and performant. Removed several initial development difficulties such as easy build and using sqlite for testing (instead of wasting time downloading sql server). You'll have a lot of work to fix some bugs, but nothing that you can't find in other sources and I'll even contribute several fixes to open-gunz. So go ahead :p

remember, "Where do I safely download and create a Gunz server"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score

Those projects are totally unstable, they can use some repacks like jurl3n, jetman, zer0nix, and one of my own that is out there.
open source gunz is refined gunz and these have issues which need to be fixed.

@off Maybe for a beginner like you its a hard start.

#topic

using an open source project you can better follow the development of a source with good programmers, avoiding sources with exploits / crooks. Open-gunz/refined are good sources as there are several modifications that left both the server and the client light and performant. Removed several initial development difficulties such as easy build and using sqlite for testing (instead of wasting time downloading sql server). You'll have a lot of work to fix some bugs, but nothing that you can't find in other sources and I'll even contribute several fixes to open-gunz. So go ahead :p

remember, "Where do I safely download and create a Gunz server"

The boy is not looking for that, besides that repository is literally dead, it has not been touched in 2 years that means it is only refined gunz.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Those projects are totally unstable, they can use some repacks like jurl3n, jetman, zer0nix, and one of my own that is out there.
open source gunz is refined gunz and these have issues which need to be fixed.

The boy is not looking for that, besides that repository is literally dead, it has not been touched in 2 years that means it is only refined gunz.

Open gunz is constantly being updated these days. For a good and simple start I recommend open-gunz. And any questions you have, you can post them on ragezone and mention me.

If you're a good programmer, you know that code that the community contributes is much more decent than downloading a frankenstein from a "programmer".

Any questions, you can post in the open-gunz issues that I will be following along with the programmers there.

Upvote 0
I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
Open gunz is constantly being updated these days. For a good and simple start I recommend open-gunz. And any questions you have, you can post them on ragezone and mention me.

If you're a good programmer, you know that code that the community contributes is much more decent than downloading a frankenstein from a "programmer".

Any questions, you can post in the open-gunz issues that I will be following along with the programmers there.

I think you don't understand, I'm not saying it for myself... I'm saying it for the guy upstairs who asks to create a server and it shows that he is not an experienced person.
I don't recommend new people use it until they have experienced it.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think you don't understand, I'm not saying it for myself... I'm saying it for the guy upstairs who asks to create a server and it shows that he is not an experienced person.
I don't recommend new people use it until they have experienced it.

I understood. But I take into account the work that is just to compile a source, download a disgusting and giant tool (Visual Code), with different versions for each source (some extremely outdated)... Download and install the correct SQL Server and several other tasks that only those who have been doing it for years have ease.And when the server is online it receives the news that it is full of exploits, full of flaws that link directly to the database, etc.Open gunz at least has an easy build, easy installation and in less than 10 minutes you have an online server. I say open-gunz and not refined precisely because open-gunz is being updated recently.

Upvote 0
I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
I understood. But I take into account the work that is just to compile a source, download a disgusting and giant tool (Visual Code), with different versions for each source (some extremely outdated)... Download and install the correct SQL Server and several other tasks that only those who have been doing it for years have ease.And when the server is online it receives the news that it is full of exploits, full of flaws that link directly to the database, etc.Open gunz at least has an easy build, easy installation and in less than 10 minutes you have an online server. I say open-gunz and not refined precisely because open-gunz is being updated recently.

Yes, but if you know how an exploit works and you know how to patch it you won't have any problems, of course refined it's good but the last word belongs to your partner.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Even IGunz asked me for the Patch for SQLServer, for SQLlite it is a problem to program the tables, it shows by what you speak and tell other "Newbies", when we don't even know who you are, Open Gunz Updates even for me and even they applied the last patch because they liked it very much and they did the favor of pasting an update that we had discussing, that project had not been updated for a long time, talking and talking and not knowing, the mental messes that you create alone

Exploit errors are due to lack of MUID checks, when we falsify the MUID code and do not check if the MUID sent is the same as that of the character requesting or sending the information

Open Gunz is not for novice programmers and that gunz weighs so little obviously it's 2007 and it's built with CMake, that it uses so little ram obviously dynamic loading and use of Ptr

I can't deny you SQLlite helps a lot to quickly debug and start the server but in the end it's tiring and it's problematic to paste quick updates

MAsyncDBJob needs an update regarding the MUID, you can check Code 1.5, you can also check source FGunz, using the filter "Custom:" in CSCommon you will also find several fixes, referring to null parket and more Exploit

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Even IGunz asked me for the Patch for SQLServer, for SQLlite it is a problem to program the tables, it shows by what you speak and tell other "Newbies", when we don't even know who you are, Open Gunz Updates even for me and even they applied the last patch because they liked it very much and they did the favor of pasting an update that we had discussing, that project had not been updated for a long time, talking and talking and not knowing, the mental messes that you create alone

Exploit errors are due to lack of MUID checks, when we falsify the MUID code and do not check if the MUID sent is the same as that of the character requesting or sending the information

Open Gunz is not for novice programmers and that gunz weighs so little obviously it's 2007 and it's built with CMake, that it uses so little ram obviously dynamic loading and use of Ptr

I can't deny you SQLlite helps a lot to quickly debug and start the server but in the end it's tiring and it's problematic to paste quick updates

Read the user's post and see the need for it. I recommend not using custom projects. Or use raw version 1.5 or use open-gunz to play with your friends.

To start a simple server quickly, functionally and with as little configuration as possible, use open-gunz.
I have nothing more to say and I don't recommend custom sources by most users of this forum (and others).

About patches and problems that you find in open-gunz, you can tell me that I have already solved most of them.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Read the user's post and see the need for it. I recommend not using custom projects. Or use raw version 1.5 or use open-gunz to play with your friends.

To start a simple server quickly, functionally and with as little configuration as possible, use open-gunz.
I have nothing more to say and I don't recommend custom sources by most users of this forum (and others).

About patches and problems that you find in open-gunz, you can tell me that I have already solved most of them.

Friend UGG, Freestyle and other servers have a year of using gunz 1.5 and you can't force anyone to use something that is very old, that opengz doesn't have clan war, the mission has errors, it doesn't have surival, duel tournamment, it has NAT problems and believe me that 1.5 is enough.

That is much worse than a 1.5.
exploit?
Exploits in a 1.5 are solved much easier than most details opengz has, don't be stubborn.

If I would use open gunz, I would be much better off using a 2008 client.
Stop saying that 1.5 custom fonts are bad because many servers have success with it so don't come here saying that.

Open gunz is unstable and you are just getting to know it... rather you are just getting to know refined gunz.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

MAsyncDBJob needs an update regarding the MUID, you can check Code 1.5, you can also check source FGunz, using the filter "Custom:" in CSCommon you will also find several fixes, referring to null parket and more Exploit

I'm not sure who requested you for SQL Server support, but we have had an active branch for SQL Server for quite some time now. Weve also got one for Postgresql. Maybe the developer forgot about these branches. But thanks for your support anyways.

Iirc, weve already patched these MUID exploits in MAsyncDB. If you happen to find one, please let us know.

I do NOT recommend using Refined or Open Gunz sources as a basis for a live server. Our repository is over 1000 commits, the majority of which are bug and exploit fixes.
However, for anyone who wants to play local or work on there development skills, then they are a good choice.
I'm not sure if it has been addressed yet in Open Gunz sec, but packet parameter creation has a massive memory leak,. A simple port from 1.5 will fix it.

These open sourced projects could really benefit in the long run if everyone would just contribute there findings and fixes. No one is wrong in this thread and I think working together on these projects is what the community needs, as a whole.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure who requested you for SQL Server support, but we have had an active branch for SQL Server for quite some time now. Weve also got one for Postgresql. Maybe the developer forgot about these branches. But thanks for your support anyways.

Iirc, weve already patched these MUID exploits in MAsyncDB. If you happen to find one, please let us know.

I do NOT recommend using Refined or Open Gunz sources as a basis for a live server. Our repository is over 1000 commits, the majority of which are bug and exploit fixes.
However, for anyone who wants to play local or work on there development skills, then they are a good choice.
I'm not sure if it has been addressed yet in Open Gunz sec, but packet parameter creation has a massive memory leak,. A simple port from 1.5 will fix it.

These open sourced projects could really benefit in the long run if everyone would just contribute there findings and fixes. No one is wrong in this thread and I think working together on these projects is what the community needs, as a whole.

I agree with what you say.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Days ago I remembered a bug, related to the Tick NPC and Character, Refined uses 2 Tick one for gladiator based on 100 and based on 33 if I remember correctly, the problem is for quest you should use OldParket instead of new, I have not applied this Fix yet, but in general the NPCs go to 100Ticks and the character to 33, that's why we see that sometimes the NPCs hit the air

I'm not just talking, I have passed all the characteristics of refined to 1.5 except its new packages and hitregister and what is related and obtaining the same performance perhaps a little less since 1.5 has some malformed structures and that in refined they were ordered and fixed

If I like wasting time it's okay...

fTMwDj - Where do I safely download and create a Gunz server? (HELP) - RaGEZONE Forums
v9pfusc - Where do I safely download and create a Gunz server? (HELP) - RaGEZONE Forums
4XL67nU - Where do I safely download and create a Gunz server? (HELP) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Days ago I remembered a bug, related to the Tick NPC and Character, Refined uses 2 Tick one for gladiator based on 100 and based on 33 if I remember correctly, the problem is for quest you should use OldParket instead of new, I have not applied this Fix yet, but in general the NPCs go to 100Ticks and the character to 33, that's why we see that sometimes the NPCs hit the air

I'm not just talking, I have passed all the characteristics of refined to 1.5 except its new packages and hitregister and what is related and obtaining the same performance perhaps a little less since 1.5 has some malformed structures and that in refined they were ordered and fixed

If I like wasting time it's okay...

fTMwDj - Where do I safely download and create a Gunz server? (HELP) - RaGEZONE Forums
v9pfusc - Where do I safely download and create a Gunz server? (HELP) - RaGEZONE Forums
4XL67nU - Where do I safely download and create a Gunz server? (HELP) - RaGEZONE Forums

This is very good work and I look forward to any of your contributions towards these open sourced projects.

Keep up the good work!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back