Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] - Compliable 2008-2009 Engine

ToF

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Few years ago, a package of sources was released here on rz. (Engine source, updater, encoder, importer, exporter, etc.)
However, the engine source was broken out of box, multiple attempts was made by several people to "repair" it.

However, not until recently, HighGamer was able to compile a fraction of the engine. (the ROAM tool)
I've made a few modifications to it, and now the engine of the 2008-2009 client compiles as well.
AND it starts!

Includes full client that starts out of box. See \Bin\hshield_5\load.bat
v71 platform toolset is a must, this wont work otherwise.
See the Readme, and also take a look in StdDefine.h

Code:
/* Girei - if "DEF_ENG_MAIN_VER" is defined, all these defines must be enabled, otherwise lots of compilation errors.
This will also only compile with the "hshield_5" solution configuration. */
#if defined (DEF_ENG_MAIN_VER) && defined(_hshield_5) 

#define NO_PACKET_ENCODING_DECODING
   //keep this defined, if you want to disable the encoding/decoding of packets.
   //Otherwise just comment this out. 

#define DEF_TEST_HACKSHIELD_OEN_071012  //enables definitions and packets. 

#define DEF_EFFECT_OEN_090325           //enables definitions required to compile. 

#define DEF_CHEAT_TIME_OEN_080103       //enables definitions required to compile.

#define DEF_MD5_HSHIELD_OFF_DIOB_090123  //disables the hackshield. 

#define DEF_TEST_TXT_PK_CONVERTER_OEN_071009 
    //ROAM uses txt config files. This let's the engine do the same. 

#define DEF_NEWSEVERCOSMO_DIOB_20070618 
    //This enables the "/load /config debug" start parameter.

#endif

Thanks to HighGamer.

Download:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, helps with developing. There are some issues with the client but one major one is kinds easy to fix.
KSocket.cpp (probably like 9190) defines the S2C_CREATEMONSTER packet as wdddwddIIsbdsIIb. Due to the FLAGS byLevel is not used so the last b causes the client to kinda often crash when monsters spawn in. It really is a question of luck like always when you access memory you are not supposed to access.
So whoever manages as well to compile the client might wanna change this to wdddwddIIsbdsII :)

And if you find out why Knight, Mage and Archer have the speed bug, let me know :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is there are some server files that matches the client?
tried a few but wrong login packets so the login button is just frozen

ToF

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Old thread, I know. But this "fixed source" is in my opinion still, and will continue to be something worth to keep alive for the sake of future kal development.
There are no leaked/released server files that match this version of the engine, that I know of at least.
This release is meant for people/someone who know their way around code, and know how to change and adapt the code to work with the 2006 serverfiles, or adapting the 2006 serverfiles to work with this version of the engine.

Back