Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Converting gb files to 3ds (to make them visible in KWE)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe someone here knows an easy way to convert object.gb's to 3ds to make them visible in KWE. Do i need 3ds studio max or is there another way? Thanks for answering.

Greets, Fritjef

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You would need Matynators 3ds max .gb importer.... and then once you have the gb file loaded ...select the whole object... right click then select "Convert to Editable Mesh" in the right column there should be a drop down menu.... find "Normal" then make sure "Flip normals" is ticked then export as 3ds .... KWE uses "flipped Normals" for some reason :/ (Thanks to maty for teaching ME how to do this :D )

Upvote 0
Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
You would need Matynators 3ds max .gb importer.... and then once you have the gb file loaded ...select the whole object... right click then select "Convert to Editable Mesh" in the right column there should be a drop down menu.... find "Normal" then make sure "Flip normals" is ticked then export as 3ds .... KWE uses "flipped Normals" for some reason :/ (Thanks to maty for teaching ME how to do this :D )
she is exactly right :).. kwe's 3ds max models need to be flipped inside out to display properly.. but you don't need to convert the model to editable mesh though :), they already should be when you import them with the importer I made. just use face/polygon mode select all faces.. and flip them. then export to 3ds.. done :D.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I hoped that one of you would answer to this kind of question ;)
Thanks alot for the informations @both, im gonna test it soon (have some problems with 3ds max and windows 7 atm).

Upvote 0
Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
I hoped that one of you would answer to this kind of question ;)
Thanks alot for the informations @both, im gonna test it soon (have some problems with 3ds max and windows 7 atm).
hehe np man , btw 32 or 64bits windows? 3ds max 8 sometimes has issues with sertain 64bit windows. i've got windows 7 ultimate 32bit, myself works perfect exept for some small issues i've fixed already. like loading dds textures into max straight of the bat.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hehe np man , btw 32 or 64bits windows? 3ds max 8 sometimes has issues with sertain 64bit windows. i've got windows 7 ultimate 32bit, myself works perfect exept for some small issues i've fixed already. like loading dds textures into max straight of the bat.

It was a 64bit version, but from there i can start 3ds max only with 256 colors :blink:
I installed it on windows xp now and all works fine, i already have all i wanted to add, there where only some objects which i could not open (mostly the effect gb's).
I use 3ds max version 8 too, i guess it just wasn't ready for win 7 when it was released^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Fritjef - Converting gb files to 3ds (to make them visible in KWE) - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Back