Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Azure (Java, Post-shuffle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You could've just simply copied my thread. You did nada research on why you've choosen certain things.

So this is what this truce (or whatever you call it) you wanted to declare.

Reflection in Java is slow. I would only ever use reflection in Java when the server first boots up.

Ssst.

Last edited:
☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Java can preform very good aswell as you can optimise java binaries for the processor

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You could've just simply copied my thread. You did nada research on why you've choosen certain things.

Ssst. oleaa You're really pathetic. MentaL ChewBecca Not4You Shoelace Kreeate vLife (Check his post below mine and then his history)
Guice is a widely used DI framework, DI is used for testability and modularising your app

Hibernate is a rock solid ORM library which is easy to use and very powerful (besides, who doesn't like enterprisey java?)

Netty is a good library for building highly performant network applications, developed by people who know what they're talking about

Last edited by a moderator:
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I wish you guys the best of luck with your project. It's weird that you guys made a sudden change since you guys started on Azure 2 in C#. So you guys said that you're going to still support Makes a little bit no sense since you're not going to update it. It totally defeats the purpose of writing 2. So this does mean that you guys are now developing Azure 3?

Reaction score
I wish you guys the best of luck with your project. It's weird that you guys made a sudden change since you guys started on Azure 2 in C#. So you guys said that you're going to still support Makes a little bit no sense since you're not going to update it. It totally defeats the purpose of writing 2. So this does mean that you guys are now developing Azure 3?

In the main post, it states that the source has been touched too many times by far too many, which makes it near impossible to properly bug fix anything. There's too many cheap hacks for the bugs, so it creates its own bugs :L

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In the main post, it states that the source has been touched too many times by far too many, which makes it near impossible to properly bug fix anything. There's too many cheap hacks for the bugs, so it creates its own bugs :L

Haha, and the guilty of the Ducking code was who? Ah yeah, The "new developers" from Azure. Because that i left Azure some months ago.
But everyone said "Azure 2.0 will be awesome you will see", i'm seeing. Yeah, really seeing.

Reaction score
Haha, and the guilty of the Ducking code was who? Ah yeah, The "new developers" from Azure. Because that i left Azure some months ago.
But everyone said "Azure 2.0 will be awesome you will see", i'm seeing. Yeah, really seeing.
I had nothing to do with 2.0 or 1.0 except some minor bug fixes in 2.0 :):

Ssst.
So everything in Java is just yours to take? We wanted in the game as well! Java is a sweet language, which is also why we chose to make changes.
These changes has been long coming..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is actually the most work I've ever done related to the Azure repo. I just gave up when you left because everything turned to poop.

You mightn't have been the best C# developer but you put more effort, hard work, and compassion into the project then all of us, and that's why when you left, we quickly realized how much we needed you.

Please do not think all of your hard work has not be recognized, best of luck on Apy also!

Reaction score

Same thing they're now saying. We'll see. Probably ends up the same way like Habbo4Java.

Only future can tell how this will turn out.

Good luck.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why ask in the first place then? Makes life a lot easier when you base work on others ;)
We were discussing on reviewing Crowley before we even started the development, and you'll see code written by Jordan in Azure Java because of the fact that a few of our developers happen to be very close friends with him.

And Azure does not contain code that is not written originally by one of the developers, everything is synced through code review. However, they're a few exceptions when it comes to referencing back to past software made by AZURE or its DEVELOPERS.

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score
We were discussing on reviewing Crowley before we even started the development, and you'll see code written by Jordan in Azure Java because of the fact that a few of our developers happen to be very close friends with him.

And Azure does not contain code that is not written originally by one of the developers, everything is synced through code review. However, they're a few exceptions when it comes to referencing back to past software made by AZURE or its DEVELOPERS.

That's mostly true. I'm using a bit of code that Jordan wrote for his successor to Crowley, but it's just handling bootstrapping and DI and tidying up some of the packet handling. Done with his permission of course.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cool story bro. I really couldn't care less for this development. Your last one was duck taped, this one will be as well.
Sorry, I don't understand the metaphor.

Anyways, no one forced you to reply to this thread and I'm frankly not in the mood for an argument as I'd just be wasting my time. Auf Wiedersehen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back