Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV]

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
UPDATE (BETA 3):
- Added Intercept Request to Controller Model Template to check the access rules before call the View (Removed a lot of if/else :D)

UPDATE 2:
- Re-Added Models and ModelTemplate
- Fixed Issues with Intercept Request
- Added rules of hotelInstall to InterceptRequest

UPDATE 3:
- Added the getAll method again
- re-Added index view
-Update some directory names

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
UPDATE [BETA 3]
- Started the Index view (Will Add Tags )
- Alerady Started to move from v13 to v17 Web ( More fancy CSS content )

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
UPDATE [BETA3]
- Added Maintenance Page [ For issues with database site_settings and Hotel Maintenance ]
- Fixed a issue with Diagnosis Page [ Now data loaded locally ]
- re-Added Views for [ Habbo Club ] and Added Habbo Credits
- Fixed a issue with MVC model for $hotelConection variables
- WEB 13 moved to WEB 17
- Started to working on DAO Again ( Hotel Object working )
- Added Customizations like Background , Hotel View and Habbologo (Only static for now , soon with DAO)
- Added 404 View

NEXT STEP:
- Finish Hotel DAO with Customizations
- Add Advertisements Again (Only Static , soon with Javascript AGAIN)
- Add Index View Modules (Like News and Tags *Tanks Quackster for share the Database Structure "Will works with kepler when updated")
- Turn Credits Page and HC into Modules
- Add Habbo DAO and Class features Again

UPDATE 25/03/2019 - BETA3
- Added Credits Module (Only Show not redeem)
- Habbo Club Join into Module "club_join.viewpart"
- Fixed issues with Layout r17

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
NOTES ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT:
- After 01/04/19 i'm dropping out the support for RetroCMS BETA 2 , because i'm already fixed some major issues of development based on Users feedback. And considering the core differences between Beta 2 and Beta 3 , its hard to release fixes of BETA 3 content to BETA 2.

- And i dont have any idea of when i'll release BETA 3 considering that will be the latest rewrite of the MVC core :)

UPDATES:
- Fixed a issue with MVC Core that doesnt able to read url with parameters
- Fixed a issue with MVC Core that doesnt set the default urlAction in some especific Cases
- Fixed a issue with MVC Core that doesnt working with controllers who doesnt have a default call.
- re-Added Advertisements Modules
- Fixed a issue with Prorotype and Updated from 1.5 to 1.7 version
- re-Added Habbo Tab Modules Content
- Added tab urlRedirects to .httacess module like (tab/redeem)
- Added Hotel Status Flag to Hotel Class
- Added Account Controllers
- Added function get_strHabboLoggedIn() for some cases with Javascript Content
- Fixed a issue with Module Club_Join
- Added Module Tab_Left for case when Hotel as Offline
- Added some Audio Easter Eggs for Images Advertisement based on my memories :D
- re-Added Process Footer and Account Header
- Added Account/Login View
- Added Rules for Account/Submit (POST Validation)

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
UPDATES:
- re-Added News Content class and Models
- News Module splited into (promo_area and news_area)
- Added a default background to promos module in case of error
- re-Added GetByParam to Default Model
- Adressed a issue of Promos Count if have more than 6 on database
- Added Language Support to Not_Found News and Promos (RetroCMS install News Content probably will get it too)
- Added a Empty Tag Model only shows if hotel version as v15 or higher
- Credits and Club Page working into modules

What NEXT:
- Added Middle ADS to Index
- Finish the DAO Models *again (i'm checking for issues )
- re-Add News Page again
- re-Add Login redirect check
- re-Add Logout function into account controller
- re-Add Client Controller and View with roomforward support
- Add support for HC Subscribtion on website by Ajax (Now only shows)
- Start the housekeeping

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It is possible to write automated tests called unit tests. Perhaps something you can look into?

Am not familar with unit testing in php but I am sure there are frameworks for it.

Great progress :) Do you have some screenshots of qhat you have added?

I havent because , its basicly backend stuff , i pushing back some frontend of BETA2 for now... Maybe on next week i'll start with new Front End content like the Tags Module and the new Language Selector....

And i'm using visual studio code to Debug and create the test units...

Reaction score
This is amazing!!

Reminds me of another project called "ProjectRetro" by GertJan. Looks exactly the same except that project was made around 2012 for today's retros. (has tons of exploits tho)

Hopefully this is better, and maybe at some point you can make it for today's retros instead of oldschool :p

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This is amazing!!

Reminds me of another project called "ProjectRetro" by GertJan. Looks exactly the same except that project was made around 2012 for today's retros. (has tons of exploits tho)

Hopefully this is better, and maybe at some point you can make it for today's retros instead of oldschool :p

Tanks, i'm using some MVC framework concepts like a interceptMethod for Controllers , using a different extension for view content instead of .php , and blocking the access on .httacess, i doing my best to improve security, and reliability using a diagnosis Class to check if extensions are loaded and PHP version as higher than 7.0 for example... , And from Alpha to BETA 3 , i basiclly rewrite all MVC Core , but now its the last one , after BETA 3 i believe the MVC model as mature enough to be used and maybe some small fixes based on users feedback.... And of course the Multilanguage support its a nice feature , i want allow dynamic load of language (if u put on directory the cms will recognize the file and add the option to user :D... )

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
UPDATES:
- Started to work on Tags Index Module with support for different sizes (Tanks for Quackster for share with me classichabbo code)
- Added Client and Register Controllers without Views and Validations for Now
- Started to work on Articles Dates using Unix Timestamp as param
-

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Awesome project! Looks awesome! Cant wait to test it! :)

This is amazing!!

Ahh yes I remember creating this CMS. I did not have all the skills in development that I do have now looking back at it.

Here was an image of the final homepage that I had and used on my hotel. Too bad I lost the source..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Looks horrible. Did you have bad eye sight when you were younger?

Well that was just the style of back then, of course in modern day standards it is different from what you currently see and use. But does that make anything horrible? It's good to have old data to look back at and improve. But that does never make anything bad or "horrible".

But let's not dwell on this path, this thread is not about this image it is about a new creation. The OP maybe can get some ideas from the image or not that is up to him. Not to you, not to me or any other person.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well that was just the style of back then, of course in modern day standards it is different from what you currently see and use/.
I adore the look of the old '07 website of Habbo. I was referring to spacing and other changes being off, compared to the original.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
SMALL UPDATES 10/04/19:
- Fixed a issue with non-numeric params on News/Article/%Id% controller
- Fixed a issue with bad url on archive_sidebar module
- Added a empty Tag Model for future work
- Added a method CustomQuery for modelTemplate for custom SQL content like group by , create triggers...
- Updated readme with new information about the development proccess
- Now the news articles read the data on format (dd/mm/yyyy) but i have plans to allow hotelmanager change that for (mm/dd/yyyy)

+ Some prints of BETA 3 new Content
6eLMO8H - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

2f1QkPy - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

UPDATE 2 10/04/19:
- Added Empty Client and Profile Controllers
- Added Account/Reauthenticate Controller with Validation of Target for client.reload.url on client (Tanks to http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/rel-habbo-co-uk-v17-311039/ )
- Smalls corrections on controllers like unsets and exit;

UPDATE 3 10/04/19:
- re-Added News View and create a new module archive_index (I want to do some upgrades later like show only 10 news with index counter...)
- Added a Empty Profile View
- Added some access rules for Account and Profile controllers like if habbo not logged in redirect to index.
- Added Dates to News Archive
- Default Install Article Updated

WHAT'S NEXT:
- Finish articles system
- Start the Login and Logout (without error messages (Waiting Alex *Quackster release the new update of Kepler , may have ban system ).
- Start a new Language System (I want to rewrite some things using a Json Ajax Request to get and set current user language for example )
- Add Client Again with Sockwave Need Message
- Add Register Age Check (11 years old or later *I'll do that based on my memories *yeah i remember the first time i try to create a Habbo).
- Add Translator support to the new views like club/index , install articles...

PRINT:
WHBtjPq - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

ClgqLkI - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

ALERT: Dont worry the installed articles and promos will have support of translator system.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
UPDATE 12/04/19
- Added Habbo Home basic structure
- Added Empty Module for Draw
- Added Javascript and Css content for Home
- Added Home Head Double Click
- Added Report Button for Home
- re-Added ConstructObject function for habbo class
- Added homeStructure class

PRINT:
m.tiago - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

ALERT: Its a example with static data , i want to made a module called home_draw who will get from the database and write

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow looks great! I cannot wait to see the home system implemented :) I really love how it all looks :) Brings back many memories...
Question, will you make the Habbo figure sticker as well? (where you can either get a sticker of your own Habbo clothes etc or you can make one by something like what you see when changing clothes, don't remember how Habbo did it back in the day)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Wow looks great! I cannot wait to see the home system implemented :) I really love how it all looks :) Brings back many memories...
Question, will you make the Habbo figure sticker as well? (where you can either get a sticker of your own Habbo clothes etc or you can make one by something like what you see when changing clothes, don't remember how Habbo did it back in the day)

Its impossible to make habbo sticker with 100% accuracy , i need a old flash missing content , but i have some ideas...

jk6RmnX - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

3ZkkNha - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

Maybe using the old flash , with html form tags ...

UPDATES 12/04/19
- Added bodyId param for controllerTemplate (use for habbo home like editmode and view mode)
- Added module home_editcontent (Stickers and Background Bar)
- Added habbo home hidden check and page
- Added habbo home editStatus to habboHome class

PRINTS:

m.tiago - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back