[DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV]

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    316Posts

Re: [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV]

[DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV]
    Hello everyone , like i said before , i decided to restart the development from July Update from scratch ,using the Current June Update on Github as a Template , so a lot of features i posted "not all" (Profile/Homes/Groups) wont be avaliable on July Update *Too much work to finish. Here's the changelog of the merge of features and current Fixes for July Update.

UPDATES 25/06/19 (July Update):
    - Added Validation for Advertisement on Habbos Homes (HC/non HC)
    - Added Multilanguage support for Flash Content (Needs to reload Page to take effect )
    - Fixed a LanguageManager issue that allows to user set a null parameter
    - Added Multilanguage support for News Archive
    - Added Language Corrections and Fixes from feature2 (Habbo Homes / Groups/ Profile translated content)
    - Removed Legacy Images from imgpatch (Removed some web 1.0.1 r13 content "now using sprites")
    - Refreshed All Javascript and Css to r17 web (I'm restored all originals contents and removed some functions , css i created to another files)
    - Fixed a issue with Habbo Group Purchase Box
    - Added a timeout to update habboCredits on HabboTab
    - Added a mother class called pageContent for Homes and Groups shared content (Page Stickers,Backgrounds...)
    - Added function getPurchaseFeatures to check if Group Purchase / Credit Redeem / Club Purchase on Website are Enabled
    - Started the install article translate support
    - Added hotelCredits variable to get how much credits a user can farm based on settings.
    - Smalls corrections with translations
    - Added arrow disabled button for Credits Redeem
    - Added v13 Home Box and v14 Home Box Validation (Thats has been removed on Beta1 , now its back :D)

WHAT'S NEXT (JUST IT FOR JULY UPDATE):
    - Finish default install article translation and add to retroDB SQL CONTENT
    - Fix some missing primary keys on RetroDB
    - Add Habbo Club Purchase Ajax Working
    - Add support for session on Home Edit with Timeout
    - Remove some useless includes of visualImport (css / javascript) for some views
    - Add Old Javascript Content and re-Fix the current June Update working content for Homes and Groups
    - Add Homes and Groups schemas on RetroDB (Waiting Quakster share with me *PLEASEE ALEX DONT FORGET)

I'm decided to not use Web 2.0 Javascript anymore , to keep the accuracy of RetroCMS , i'll use the Old Javascript Content, after all its almost the same with some small changes , anyway i learned a lot with Web 2.0 Javascript using HoloCMS as reference.

UPDATE 2:
    - I Found a issue with the prototype version of the old web and the web , a deprecated function document.getElement , but its already fixed :) , Now the Buttons of Show/Hide elements works again over the old Javascript.
    Last edited by m.tiago; 26-06-19 at 03:40 AM.
    RetroCMS Developer
    Development Thread | GitHub (Beta3 Branch) | GitHub Stable Branch (Soon)

MemberRank
    Jan 2017 Join Date
    75Posts

Looks really good but the source code is a big mess. I advise you to use a autoloader like PSR-4 and PSR-2 coding standard. More info here: https://www.php-fig.org/

I dont want to hate just giving you some tips.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    316Posts

UPDATE:
    - Fixed Habbo Store Window with a sample test
    RetroCMS Developer

True MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    316Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tafelglotzer View Post
    Looks really good but the source code is a big mess. I advise you to use a autoloader like PSR-4 and PSR-2 coding standard. More info here: https://www.php-fig.org/

I dont want to hate just giving you some tips.
    I have plans to rewrite all bit not now , Only on Beta 4... I want to finish the features first...(Homes / Groups/Tags/ Profile).

Probably on Beta4 i'll use Autoloader and merge some classes of the development to clean the code.
    Last edited by m.tiago; 26-06-19 at 11:59 PM.
    RetroCMS Developer

True MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    316Posts

UPDATES 27/06/19 (Beta 3 - July Update):
    - Added all old Javascript for Habbo Homes Avaliable on Waybackmachine
    - Fixed a bug with Register Advertisement Load
    - Fixed a bug with Home Index
    - Added new Habbo Home missing Javascript from Web 2.0
    - Fixed a bug with Language Manager for UrlWeb

DEVELOPMENT NOTE:
    - The July Update will be the Last Update with New Features, and the August Update will be the last update for corrections support. After that i have Plans to Start the Beta 4 (0.9.5) It will be rewrited from scratch to clean the code , add Autoloader for Classes... So the Habbo Homes Fully Support only will be Added on Beta 4. , The Beta 4 Probably will be the final version of the CMS with support for Homes/Groups...
    RetroCMS Developer

True MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    316Posts

UPDATES:
    - Released July Update with some fixes for LanguageManager
    - Added Habbo Homes Javascript Content
    - Added Validation for Purchases
    - Added Group Validation form

- No more features on Beta3 Core , for now only Small corrections on BETA 3 , and be ready for Beta4 , with Autoloader support :D
    Last edited by m.tiago; 03-07-19 at 09:57 PM.
    RetroCMS Developer

MemberRank
    Jul 2008 Join Date
    PortugalLocation
    194Posts

Looking good.

MemberRank
    Aug 2016 Join Date
    22Posts

Hi everyone. I'm original xampp with php 7.2, I use the db in the installation folder, when I go to http: // localhost it redirects me to the installation page, I compile everything but then it doesn't work, it always redirects me to this page without the user being created. If I try to go to http: // localhost / register at the top it is a series of errors, try to register me but as soon as I compile with birth data and go to the next step it doesn't work anymore, it doesn't load the rest. What can I do?
    loading the database, both with navicat and phpmyadmin gives error and does not load all the tables!

http://prntscr.com/od3n31

P.s: Sorry for my English, I'm Italian.
    Last edited by xXMarkedxX; 10-07-19 at 05:35 PM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    316Posts

You have issues with your database... Are u sure u using Beta 3 for install... Ill take a look of , if i found any bug on databade script i post here abd release a update.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xXMarkedxX View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm original xampp with php 7.2, I use the db in the installation folder, when I go to http: // localhost it redirects me to the installation page, I compile everything but then it doesn't work, it always redirects me to this page without the user being created. If I try to go to http: // localhost / register at the top it is a series of errors, try to register me but as soon as I compile with birth data and go to the next step it doesn't work anymore, it doesn't load the rest. What can I do?
    loading the database, both with navicat and phpmyadmin gives error and does not load all the tables!

http://prntscr.com/od3n31

P.s: Sorry for my English, I'm Italian.
    Ok , i already tested here , and the Beta 3 July working fine for Install. U dont have to load the database manually , just follow the install steps on a empty database should works fine...
    RetroCMS Developer

MemberRank
    Oct 2019 Join Date
    2Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m.tiago View Post
    You have issues with your database... Are u sure u using Beta 3 for install... Ill take a look of , if i found any bug on databade script i post here abd release a update.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok , i already tested here , and the Beta 3 July working fine for Install. U dont have to load the database manually , just follow the install steps on a empty database should works fine...
    Any recent update? Is the project still alive? I hope so
    Last edited by RageFrnk; 15-10-19 at 12:38 PM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    316Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RageFrnk View Post
    Any recent update? Is the project still alive? I hope so
    I'm working right now on My master degree , sometimes i fix some stuff , but i probably will back on the Project on December i guess ....
    RetroCMS Developer

True MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    316Posts

Ok everyone have been a while since i've posted here, so let's start, right now i'm working on my Master degree and i've started a new job, due to the coronavirus outbreak right now i'm home , so i finally decided what the next step for RetroCMS.

I decided to rewrite from scratch, when i was working on the old source (Beta 3 and Beta 2) i found a lot of issues, even if a make Habbo Homes working fully (Yeah i didn't posted but it works)... So right now i focusing on backend (Starting adding support to composer Autoload with PSR-4) and rewrite the MVC Class structure using namespaces...

The Beta 4 branch will be the last one, after that i'll have two branches (Master (Stable) and Release Preview (experimental)), crossfingers here, lets see if i can release anything before the end of year. I already commiting the BETA 4 branch on github , so if u have some advise, issue, just open a issue , i want to do everything right this time...
    RetroCMS Developer

True MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    ~/Location
    611Posts

Ok everyone have been a while since i've posted here, so let's start, right now i'm working on my Master degree and i've started a new job, due to the coronavirus outbreak right now i'm home , so i finally decided what the next step for RetroCMS.

I decided to rewrite from scratch, when i was working on the old source (Beta 3 and Beta 2) i found a lot of issues, even if a make Habbo Homes working fully (Yeah i didn't posted but it works)... So right now i focusing on backend (Starting adding support to composer Autoload with PSR-4) and rewrite the MVC Class structure using namespaces...

The Beta 4 branch will be the last one, after that i'll have two branches (Master (Stable) and Release Preview (experimental)), crossfingers here, lets see if i can release anything before the end of year. I already commiting the BETA 4 branch on github , so if u have some advise, issue, just open a issue , i want to do everything right this time...
    why not go the sane way and use laravel

True MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    316Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dominic View Post
    why not go the sane way and use laravel
    Because i want something easy to set it up, and building my own MVC model, i can make some workarounds...
    Last edited by m.tiago; 22-04-20 at 06:44 PM.
    RetroCMS Developer

True MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    ~/Location
    611Posts

Because i want something easy to set it up, and building my own MVC model, i can make some workarounds...
    so composer install and using .env to configure isn't easy? wtf

Advertisement