Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV]

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ok everyone have been a while since i've posted here, so let's start, right now i'm working on my Master degree and i've started a new job, due to the coronavirus outbreak right now i'm home , so i finally decided what the next step for RetroCMS.

I decided to rewrite from scratch, when i was working on the old source (Beta 3 and Beta 2) i found a lot of issues, even if a make Habbo Homes working fully (Yeah i didn't posted but it works)... So right now i focusing on backend (Starting adding support to composer Autoload with PSR-4) and rewrite the MVC Class structure using namespaces...

The Beta 4 branch will be the last one, after that i'll have two branches (Master (Stable) and Release Preview (experimental)), crossfingers here, lets see if i can release anything before the end of year. I already commiting the BETA 4 branch on github , so if u have some advise, issue, just open a issue , i want to do everything right this time...

Reaction score
Ok everyone have been a while since i've posted here, so let's start, right now i'm working on my Master degree and i've started a new job, due to the coronavirus outbreak right now i'm home , so i finally decided what the next step for RetroCMS.

I decided to rewrite from scratch, when i was working on the old source (Beta 3 and Beta 2) i found a lot of issues, even if a make Habbo Homes working fully (Yeah i didn't posted but it works)... So right now i focusing on backend (Starting adding support to composer Autoload with PSR-4) and rewrite the MVC Class structure using namespaces...

The Beta 4 branch will be the last one, after that i'll have two branches (Master (Stable) and Release Preview (experimental)), crossfingers here, lets see if i can release anything before the end of year. I already commiting the BETA 4 branch on github , so if u have some advise, issue, just open a issue , i want to do everything right this time...
why not go the sane way and use laravel

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Because i want something easy to set it up, and building my own MVC model, i can make some workarounds...

No offense, but Laravel is super easy to setup. Also, with Laravel you don't have to build an already existing model. It's nice you can make your own MVC framework, but why not keep it easy for yourself and use Laravel? Makes life so much easier!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
No offense, but Laravel is super easy to setup. Also, with Laravel you don't have to build an already existing model. It's nice you can make your own MVC framework, but why not keep it easy for yourself and use Laravel? Makes life so much easier!

I've already finished the MVC model :), but tanks for the advice.

RetroCMS BETA 4 Changelog:
- New MVC Backend with support for Routes (using aliases), Intercept for Requests and Blocking Controllers Access)
- Introducing the LanguageManager2 ( I'm rewrited from scratch with support for custom HTML Tags <x-lang>, html injection and static constants)
- Added support for Language Manager for Current Views
- Refactored all directories tree using web standards
- Finnally added support for Customizations on Website (Webview, Logo and Background) on database
- Refactored .httacess with support for URLs redirects for web (c_images and habboweb)
- Added support for dynamic navbar on Database
- Class Dynamic Load using Composer Autoload (PRS4)
- Added Install Validations for Composer, GRPC e
- Added support for rCon
Whats Next:
- Habbo DAO Content for Login
- Update RetroDB with latest kepler database
- Add Extensions Modules Logic
- Move LanguageManager into a Module
- Move AdvertisemtPage into a Module
- Add support for Habbo Imager Figure Converter into a Module (credits to webbanditten)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Man, looking at the images just give me a massive nostalgia boost. I miss those times of habbo.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This project is looking awesome. Good job!

With what emulators is it gonna be compatible with?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe he wanted to make it somewhat flexible in terms of what emulator. However he was mainly developing it for Kepler.
Also as far as I know he hasnt been online in the retro community or on Discord for a couple of months now.

Originally I wanted to help him make the retroCMS but he insisted on using PHP and not using any frameworks for learning purposes - So I ended up coding my own version in .NET Core which you can see here .
Its in danish but its using Westwind.Globalization.AspnetCore for localization and all the content like news, menu and boxes is in a the housekeeping CMS.

Im however mainly targeting Kepler which Ive made a fork of and added features to.

I am planning to release the CMS at some point :)

Housekeeping pictures:

Features:
Login
Signup
CMS (Boxes, news, menu, upload,promos)
Messenger campaign sendout.
Habbo Homes/Groups
Tags
Edit profile (Not at all done yet, literally only the figure editor and a save button).
Credits (View/Redeem)
Purchase furni from website.

All the actions like purchasing furni and spending credits is notifying the client through a queuing system.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to install this?

and i need the text, vars and dcr, help mee :(

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Apologies for necroing a 2yr old thread. Trying to get this set up. Triple checked and the mysql settings are all correct. Just can't continue apparently and it's doing my head in.
52da0126bfb2d064019c9c2b9201a5a1 - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Apologies for necroing a 2yr old thread. Trying to get this set up. Triple checked and the mysql settings are all correct. Just can't continue apparently and it's doing my head in.
52da0126bfb2d064019c9c2b9201a5a1 - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

Lucky boy, for some reason i just opened Ragezone today, after 2 years. Anyway my discord is Marcos#2351

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

I just cloned the Beta_3 branch to my server (GNU/Linux, Apache 2.4, PHP 8.1, mariadb 10.9), set up the settings.ini accordingly to my database, and when I'm trying to perform the installation, I get this error when I enter the index page:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, bool given in /core/packages/_models/hotelModel.php:39 Stack trace: #0 /core/packages/_controllers/not_found.php(30): HotelModel->get_HotelObject() #1 /core/packages/_default/routePath.php(39): Not_Found->__construct() #2 /index.php(39): RoutePath->load() #3 {main} thrown in /core/packages/_models/hotelModel.php on line 39

Any ideas?

--

EDIT: I modified the php files that are using the count() function by adding a cast (array) to stop it from throwing errors, maybe because the code is intended to be run in php 7 instead of php 8.

Now, when I enter localhost, it redirects to localhost/install/start, which it doesn't exist!

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi,

I just cloned the Beta_3 branch to my server (GNU/Linux, Apache 2.4, PHP 8.1, mariadb 10.9), set up the settings.ini accordingly to my database, and when I'm trying to perform the installation, I get this error when I enter the index page:

Any ideas?

--

EDIT: I modified the php files that are using the count() function by adding a cast (array) to stop it from throwing errors, maybe because the code is intended to be run in php 7 instead of php 8.

Now, when I enter localhost, it redirects to localhost/install/start, which it doesn't exist!

Yeah, I recommend you to set-it up using PHP 7x, since PHP 8 have a lot of changes due to additions of type validations.

Back