[DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV]

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920
    MemberRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,408Posts

Re: [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV]

Quote Originally Posted by m.tiago View Post
    Because i want something easy to set it up, and building my own MVC model, i can make some workarounds...
    No offense, but Laravel is super easy to setup. Also, with Laravel you don't have to build an already existing model. It's nice you can make your own MVC framework, but why not keep it easy for yourself and use Laravel? Makes life so much easier!

MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    319Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    No offense, but Laravel is super easy to setup. Also, with Laravel you don't have to build an already existing model. It's nice you can make your own MVC framework, but why not keep it easy for yourself and use Laravel? Makes life so much easier!
    I've already finished the MVC model :), but tanks for the advice.

RetroCMS BETA 4 Changelog:
    - New MVC Backend with support for Routes (using aliases), Intercept for Requests and Blocking Controllers Access)
    - Introducing the LanguageManager2 ( I'm rewrited from scratch with support for custom HTML Tags <x-lang>, html injection and static constants)
    - Added support for Language Manager for Current Views
    - Refactored all directories tree using web standards
    - Finnally added support for Customizations on Website (Webview, Logo and Background) on database
    - Refactored .httacess with support for URLs redirects for web (c_images and habboweb)
    - Added support for dynamic navbar on Database
    - Class Dynamic Load using Composer Autoload (PRS4)
    - Added Install Validations for Composer, GRPC e
    - Added support for rCon
    Whats Next:
    - Habbo DAO Content for Login
    - Update RetroDB with latest kepler database
    - Add Extensions Modules Logic
    - Move LanguageManager into a Module
    - Move AdvertisemtPage into a Module
    - Add support for Habbo Imager Figure Converter into a Module (credits to webbanditten)

MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    35Posts

Man, looking at the images just give me a massive nostalgia boost. I miss those times of habbo.

MemberRank
    Jul 2008 Join Date
    PortugalLocation
    194Posts

This project is looking awesome. Good job!

With what emulators is it gonna be compatible with?

MemberRank
    Dec 2019 Join Date
    56Posts

I believe he wanted to make it somewhat flexible in terms of what emulator. However he was mainly developing it for Kepler.
    Also as far as I know he hasnt been online in the retro community or on Discord for a couple of months now.

Originally I wanted to help him make the retroCMS but he insisted on using PHP and not using any frameworks for learning purposes - So I ended up coding my own version in .NET Core which you can see here https://habbo.webbanditten.dk.
    Its in danish but its using Westwind.Globalization.AspnetCore for localization and all the content like news, menu and boxes is in a the housekeeping CMS.

Im however mainly targeting Kepler which Ive made a fork of and added features to.

I am planning to release the CMS at some point :)

Housekeeping pictures: https://imgur.com/a/OS7gvxD

Features:
    Login
    Signup
    CMS (Boxes, news, menu, upload,promos)
    Messenger campaign sendout.
    Habbo Homes/Groups
    Tags
    Edit profile (Not at all done yet, literally only the figure editor and a save button).
    Credits (View/Redeem)
    Purchase furni from website.

All the actions like purchasing furni and spending credits is notifying the client through a queuing system.
    Last edited by webbanditten; 05-11-20 at 08:29 AM.

MemberRank
    Aug 2020 Join Date
    ChileLocation
    10Posts

how to install this?

https://imgur.com/a/qQ5W9EW

and i need the text, vars and dcr, help mee :(

Apologies for necroing a 2yr old thread. Trying to get this set up. Triple checked and the mysql settings are all correct. Just can't continue apparently and it's doing my head in.

MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    319Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutedogsht View Post
    Apologies for necroing a 2yr old thread. Trying to get this set up. Triple checked and the mysql settings are all correct. Just can't continue apparently and it's doing my head in.
    Lucky boy, for some reason i just opened Ragezone today, after 2 years. Anyway my discord is Marcos#2351

MemberRank
    Jan 2021 Join Date
    3Posts
    Hi,

I just cloned the Beta_3 branch to my server (GNU/Linux, Apache 2.4, PHP 8.1, mariadb 10.9), set up the settings.ini accordingly to my database, and when I'm trying to perform the installation, I get this error when I enter the index page:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, bool given in /core/packages/_models/hotelModel.php:39 Stack trace: #0 /core/packages/_controllers/not_found.php(30): HotelModel->get_HotelObject() #1 /core/packages/_default/routePath.php(39): Not_Found->__construct() #2 /index.php(39): RoutePath->load() #3 {main} thrown in /core/packages/_models/hotelModel.php on line 39
    Any ideas?

--

EDIT: I modified the php files that are using the count() function by adding a cast (array) to stop it from throwing errors, maybe because the code is intended to be run in php 7 instead of php 8.

Now, when I enter localhost, it redirects to localhost/install/start, which it doesn't exist!
    Last edited by Antimonio; 31-12-22 at 01:02 PM.

MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    319Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimonio View Post
    Hi,

I just cloned the Beta_3 branch to my server (GNU/Linux, Apache 2.4, PHP 8.1, mariadb 10.9), set up the settings.ini accordingly to my database, and when I'm trying to perform the installation, I get this error when I enter the index page:

Any ideas?

--

EDIT: I modified the php files that are using the count() function by adding a cast (array) to stop it from throwing errors, maybe because the code is intended to be run in php 7 instead of php 8.

Now, when I enter localhost, it redirects to localhost/install/start, which it doesn't exist!
    Yeah, I recommend you to set-it up using PHP 7x, since PHP 8 have a lot of changes due to additions of type validations.

Advertisement