Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project Cortex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, when will client sharing be shared? Thank you

KittyChloe - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Before:
d3aYvvL - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Now:
eN3KI2S - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

ucaCaGh - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

I've still got to do the walls as I'm still sketching out how to do them the most efficiently. As for the almost fully black sneak peak, it was showcasing how each node is specified 3 digits: red standing for row, green standing for column, blue standing for index/depth. Clicking on the canvas will read the RGB colors of the clicked pixel and then connect it to the proper node. Same goes for tiles when hovering (it doesn't care about hovering, but rather where the mouse is when it renders) and if the cursor is on a pixel that is connected to a tile, it adds a sprite as the cursor.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
g53VhnO - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

KittyChloe - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

It's hard to tell that this isn't a black image but if you look extremely closely, you'll be able to see the colors, which is how the hit registration works.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That's very nice!
Great job keep up the good work!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ZVEdLB3 - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Not much new stuff just placing, picking up and toggling furnitures are now synchronized with the server. Here you can also tell from previous GIFs how much the performance has been affected from when you place a furniture, pick it up, click on it, etc.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats some pretty neat progress you've made.

Are you going to do the fly to inventory animation for picking up furniture? Would be wicked.

Sure. I'll see what I can do, should be pretty simple though.

Reaction score
I think the main reason the client runs on 24fps is because of the animations. It uses the fps to determine the next frame. Increasing the fps would cause furnitures to increase their animation speed aswel.

Reaction score
I think the main reason the client runs on 24fps is because of the animations. It uses the fps to determine the next frame. Increasing the fps would cause furnitures to increase their animation speed aswel.

Yep, everything would be sped up. I noticed the camera turn animation and thought it looked faster than I can remember.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the observations guys, gonna change it to 24.

Edit:
LMDlcXO - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Frame rate lowered to 24fps. Picked up furnitures is flown to the inventory even if it isn't the owner picking up the item as long as the owner is in the room. Meaning, if player B is owner of the room and player A has rights and player A has a furniture in the room and player B removes the furniture from the room and player A is in the room, player A will see the effect regardless, player B will not unless they're the owner of the furniture.

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the observations guys, gonna change it to 24.

Edit:
LMDlcXO - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Frame rate lowered to 24fps. Picked up furnitures is flown to the inventory even if it isn't the owner picking up the item as long as the owner is in the room. Meaning, if player B is owner of the room and player A has rights and player A has a furniture in the room and player B removes the furniture from the room and player A is in the room, player A will see the effect regardless, player B will not unless they're the owner of the furniture.
Hello!
What is the progress of the project? Will italien beaucoup shared?

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
nHRokW6 - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

I fixed an issue I noticed with the hit registration, I also increased the hit registration canvas rendering performance by quite a large bit. The first special type of furniture has been coded, that being gates. You can't walk through them when they're up, but you can when they're down.

I don't know where the animation of the gate has disappeared off to but it seems like it's been lost somewhere in the conversion, I'm not too sure but I'm investigating.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back