Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project Cortex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm rendering everything on my own, no libraries but jquery for the interface is used.

Please don't use jQuery for the UI, beyond the fact that jQuery is going to be deprecated in modern web applications, but it doesn't suit complex structures like Habbo Client because after little time it becomes a nightmare of functions, unmaintenable (I know because my first Client UI was only jQuery).

The best way to write the UI, as it must manage really much data, is by using a Frontend Framework like Vue or React with a solid state management system like Vuex or Flux.

If you need, I can help you with this side.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
KittyChloe - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

PlUQd4H - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Not a lot of progress but it's coming together.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

CDL

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This project has much potential. I really hope you finish this one out. Keep up the great work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I haven't been posting a lot recently because I took 1 (or 2?) weeks to chill to not wear myself out, which by the way, if you're a developer, you should considering taking breaks through your projects, it helps!!!

Either way, I've begun a process of working with performance issues, I brought room rendering down from 200ms(don't even ask me how it got to 200ms LOL) to less than 20ms no matter the scenario.

huxFr7M - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score
I haven't been posting a lot recently because I took 1 (or 2?) weeks to chill to not wear myself out, which by the way, if you're a developer, you should considering taking breaks through your projects, it helps!!!

Either way, I've begun a process of working with performance issues, I brought room rendering down from 200ms(don't even ask me how it got to 200ms LOL) to less than 20ms no matter the scenario.

huxFr7M - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

What about a lot of different types of furniture with animations?
Do you know what the most expensive furniture calculations are?

When will you add furniture shades :D ?

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What about a lot of different types of furniture with animations?
It'll be the same deal: (do ignore the speed of the ice elephants, I think they were converted while the converter was still being written and it's missing a piece or another, will look into it)
05CKfGn - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Do you know what the most expensive furniture calculations are?
Honestly, I don't know what would take up the most performance right now, but it all looks kinda basic at the moment, they all work with a furniture_animation visualization type from what I've seen and the way I've written it for basic animations are pretty simple: add a sequence index to all layers where the animation is to be updated (e.g. not static, has animation, etc), if the frame in the sequence differs from the old frame, then render the new state, which, judging by the current stats and output (^), seems to be working just fine.

As for the transitionTo and transitionFrom, they'll be pretty simple to implement, like I did before.

When will you add furniture shades :D ?
Lol, I'll look into why they aren't shown!

Edit:

There is some clear issue with the data generated for the ice elephants, which I'm pretty sure is from the early stages of the converter. Specifically the animation sequences.

As for the pre-processing/drawing performance:

Pre-processing = it's the part before drawing the new frame, this is where the updates are done to let the graphic entities render the furnitures with new animations.
Drawing = the time it takes to draw the pieces on the canvas.

Do let me note that these messages are not displayed for every frame, they're only displayed when the process takes over 20ms.

Edit #2:

Shadows added! (currently set to 0.25 opacity, not sure what it needs to be, gonna check in a minute)

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Haven't posted updates in quite a while now... ooops...

There's not much new to show because I've basically just rewritten the renderer and stuff to improve the performance... here's a random screen capture I guess!

v7pUGfX - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

You can move, pick up, use and place furnitures. Furnitures has got shadows (thanks billsonn for the alpha value). The project is on GitHub but it's set to private until further. Web hooks are up and public though.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
GTu8peB - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Have begun looking into responsive design! Not everything you see has been fit for responsiveness but I've made small adjustments to make stuff fit for a portrait landscape so far, planning to obviouslly add horizontal as well. Just toying around!

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
v1z92Sr - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Added the polar bear's habitat bundle.

Before & after. Render priority patch.

Fixed the snowfall, fixed an issue with furnitures seeking for direction 0 if a sprite isn't found with certain arguments. Fixed an issue with furnitures not using animation id 0 if it exists.

Added furniture graphic blend modes! Thanks to Alex for letting me know what the 'ink' attribute does in the visualization manifest!

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Q3y2hLd - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Added room bundles to the shop! Went with a look that looks cool! The room render is 100% live, it constructs a room out of the room map, walls, floors and furnitures from the room the room bundle page is connected to! It also shows exactly what the room has in the what's included frame. The icon on the bottom left of the renderer is a badge connected to the room bundle!

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A little bit has happened since yesterday! Billsonnn explained to me how Habbo renders their room maps... and amazingly, I was able to replicate this, well, replicating it! However, room tiles has been completed! The textures and colors are stored as materials in the global JSON document, I will also look into implementing a feature on the shop where the user can select a color and apply it to a texture to create their own material, something I suspect Habbo might implement in the future, if not, too bad for them, it's a great opportunity! Without talking myself away, let me introduce you to the preset room floor materials! Stairs are automatically generated properly as well!

DefMDEl - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Together with this, I also introduced furniture loaders. I took away the preloader (which was the plan all along) and replaced it with furnitures only loading in when required. Furniture icons are also seperated from the furnitures, so to display a furniture icon, you don't need to load a whole furniture spritesheet, but rather just 1 file!

XCNjlkx - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Qvvng42 - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

(it might be hard to tell because there's 0 bandwidth taking place here)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back