Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project Cortex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very nice update keep it up

- Via Tapatalk -

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
t6QQZy6 - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

KjDjc2Q - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

aXoUAnJ - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

I FINALLY got walls down! Finally Ducking did it!! HAHA!!! I'm so Ducking happy right now that it works properly and that all materials works as expected. It needs some VERY TINY tweaks such as shadow shades and what not, but other than that, it renders stairs, walls, doors, wall thicknesses and floor thicknesses all together.

This process is only done once, that's when the map renderer is initialized. You can then remove the graphic and create a new map renderer and attach that, it'll act like a furniture being picked up and placed! It works just like that!

Oh and, I made a shop spaces page template and a couple of more small tweaks, it has floors and walls for now. You purchase them just like any other furniture, they act like a furniture, client thinks it's a furniture, all the way through.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
laqGcVs - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

You can place wall and floor materials down from your inventory by hovering over a tile in the room and clicking. This is done so that you can preview the changes to the room with its furniture and environment before wasting the material for nothing.

ZoGB11q - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Yiyr8V1 - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Implemented room information and settings dialogs again! Everything you do in the settings dialog is synchronized with the server right away, this includes the room title, description, category, max users, trading, walking, floor- and wall thickness, and access.

(before)
KittyChloe - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Fixed an issue with the room render priority order where the priority was too high for furniture sprites to be accounted for properly. Above is before this fix, below is after:

Also recompiled 2 furnitures that was converted before I added the ink modes to the JSON documents.

Another tiny detail, fixed the global dialog tab header styles where the black line wouldn't reach the edges by 100%:

iokvHX - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Did some work on paths. Instead of sending full on path lengths, the server now sends each tile per walking time (12 frames, 500ms). Cancelling paths and setting new paths works immediately and smoothly.

AcFiXk9 - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Today was a lot about performance and networking and inheriting Habbo style!

(4,5MB image)
e1wuG3s - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

nyA9R1n - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

To start things off with, I flooded the server with 20 bots that changes its path randomly to a completely random position, whether it be valid or invalid. Top image is with 20 bots, bottom is with 10. This is the result of those tests. There is still room for improvement on the server as I didn't touch the server code a lot today. Either way, what I've done today is... I updated a lot of pieces in the room renderer and its components. I rewrote a lot of stuff for the better and if you paid attention to the top images, the walking frames are 1:1 to Habbo, the transitions are precise (and automatic now).

The transition method used to transition an user from one tile to another is the same method that any other entity can use, let it be the room map (walls and floor), furniture, or user, or even something else to be added in the future! They all inherit the same methods. Here it is for the furniture rotation I implemented today too!

FBrVtjE - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

You can rotate furnitures by left clicking while holding shift, or clicking once and then clicking "Rotate" on the bottom right corner! This all only works if you have rights/are the owner of the room!

uZePO2d - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

I also binded the arrow keys for tile to tile movement, because, why not! This is what I love about Cortex, I can implement any feature I want, even if it does not pay a big role to the game, I can still add it! Also, have you guys EVER laid in bed with a laptop on your stomach? <-<

That's pretty much it for today! Well, so far at least! I woke up late and most of the work was on the client background!

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had some fun today with... *dramatic drum* WIREDs!

q4VJdz6 - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

I've begun with the base of Wireds, right now, the only functional one in this one ^. The base is set up on the server and client, adding new wireds are easy, it's setting them up that'll be the slightly difficult part! Everything up there is synchronized properly with the server.

7WHgNS2 - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

I also gave avatar a shadow, finally!

H7vQb7C - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

I made the height map on the server, this is now what the client uses.

Here's an example of how it'll look like when selecting a furniture for wireds!

Edit:

Some more work done to Wireds!

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
On habbo, if you get moved by a roller while sitting, you would stand up while rolling and then sit down again once you're finished rolling.

I'll make sure to look into that when I address rollers!

----

A little bit of update of the state of WIREDs:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I've begun working on avatar animations, everything's synchronized with the server already.

I added room user profiles again, all synchronized.

Edit:

Configured the default dance too!

Edit 2:

Most animations except for the last 3 dances are added!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Open your arms wide open and prepare...

for these baby pets to take over Cortex!

Here's what I've been working on for the last 2 days! I finally managed to get a fully automatic process that can download furnidata, download furnitures based on that furnidata, export the furnitures/pets and then decompile the exported data into a JSON manifest, together with an automatic image spritesheet. It also counts for duplicated sprites (see wooden_screen and pets, obv).

Since I updated my extractor, I also updated my code! I rewrote the whole furniture graphic renderer, it now works very smoothly.

And I rewrote the way furniture data is loaded. There's no longer a single enourmous JSON file, there's one file per furniture. This is an important factor in keeping stuff dynamic and not eating up the browser RAM right away when you'll only see about 5% of all furnitures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back