Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast
    MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    147Posts

note Project Cortex

Project Cortex
    ujjjhhhhhhh

stuff that everyone... doesn't read:
    this is a project mainly for self-education, a.k.a. don't expect top-notch code.

the technology's i've chosen to use for this is...
    A* Search Algorithm: will be using (and is using) the A* Search Algorithm for the path finding because it's Monday.
    HTML5 Web Canvas: used to render all graphics (+- user interface controls) because it's 2 A.M.
    Web Sockets: used to effectively communicate with the server in real-time because it's August.
    MySQL: because it's 2019.
    SASS: because it's easier and doesn't harm anyone.

stuff that everyone wants to see:
    -- removed links, browse by latest posts for updated snippets/screenshots.

features no one cares about:
    Sockets:
    ├ Socket Authorization prior to connection establishment.
    |└ Requires a key sent in the connection address to authorize.
    |__└ Key must have been generated within 5 minutes to the same address.
    ├ Socket Ping every 60 seconds to keep the web socket alive.
    └ Socket Event handler, allowing interfaces for the server and callbacks for the client.
    Game:
    ├ Landing View
    |└ Waits for a user to request the landing view images before loading them from the database and storing in memory.
    └ Rooms
    __ ├ Room Categories are loaded through the server and stored in memory until requested by user.
    __ ├ Rooms are loaded and unloaded upon socket user connect/disconnect.
    __ └ Room Navigator allows you to sort by public/private rooms, sorting by different category types.
    __ __├ Room Navigator only displays the categories with loaded rooms in them.
    __ __└ Room Navigator allows you to enter rooms, adding the user to the memory.
    Last edited by KittyChloe; 15-06-20 at 03:30 PM. Reason: *cough*

ModeratorRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    3,380Posts

Re: Chloe's Habbo Hotel

Thread approved, good luck.

We have four dead HTML5 developments on the first page alone, so don't let us down.
    The Habbo archives: http://alex-dev.org/archive/

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    147Posts

Minor update for today:

Furnitures are now possible to create & spawn (through the server + script, the inventory hasn't been done yet), whereas they will automatically stack on each other if set to.
    Each furniture has its own Path2D hit registration path (green outline).
    When walking, the server will detect the furnitures (and users for that part) and read whether you can walk through them or not. If not, the A* algorithm will see it as a blocked unit.

The selected tile is now properly drawn on the canvas (earlier it was a DOM element as it was purely to test it). It updates at an interval of 24 frames (24/1000 milliseconds).
    Last edited by KittyChloe; 07-08-19 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Added a hit registration showcase screenshot / selected tile now draws on the canvas.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    FranceLocation
    316Posts

Good luck with your project !

It's based on Joopie's project ? Or Cyclone's sources ? (It's just a question !)

LegendRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,729Posts

Why did you choose to do the pathfinder client-side (if I understand it correctly)?

Nice progress you have m8. Might be more than some other developments. If you need furniture stuff, this might be interesting for you: https://github.com/Joopie1994/html5project-assets. And this for furniture rendering: https://github.com/MMOCC-JS/Processing-Viewer-Furniture

Join Our RaGEZONE Discord Now!

Send me a PM | send me a mail

Still waiting for XenForo to hit RaGEZONE.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    FranceLocation
    316Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joopie View Post
    Why did you choose to do the pathfinder client-side (if I understand it correctly)?

Nice progress you have m8. Might be more than some other developments. If you need furniture stuff, this might be interesting for you: https://github.com/Joopie1994/html5project-assets. And this for furniture rendering: https://github.com/MMOCC-JS/Processing-Viewer-Furniture
    For the moment (i think) it's client-side only because there are no server at this moment...

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    147Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pipitt05000 View Post
    It's based on Joopie's project ? Or Cyclone's sources ? (It's just a question !)
    This client and server is written by me completely, nothing has been taken from any other open source projects.

The pathfinder is not client-side. Everything is handled by the server which in return sends headers to the client that does part of the job by itself. Meaning: the client will detect which direction the next tile is at, turning the correct avatar to that direction. A.k.a., it doesn't perform actions that could manipulate other clients or cause de-syncs.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by pipitt05000 View Post
    For the moment (i think) it's client-side only because there are no server at this moment...
    There is a server, everything is handled properly through the server and clients.

8th of August edit:

I've spent a few hours last night and before, rewriting parts of the rooms to improve efficienty and performance, in the end, I fixed an issue that caused the canvas to lose 2-3 frames a second.

The walls are now registered as nodes (outlined in orange) in order to be able to in the future place furniture on the wall (+ hit registration for the door works now without having to cut it in half).
    Users are now drawn on the interior canvas as well (previously they were drawn on a secondary canvas as it was used to construct the avatars from start, more of a tool for me if anything).
    Every interior node is drawn properly in an order by an index that is calculated by the breadth multiplied by the height added by the depth.
    When an avatar is drawn in a specific color, it's no longer drawn on a seperate canvas each and every time and copied onto the real canvas (yeah, I was lazy when writing the constructor, shh), it's now only drawn on a temporary canvas once and then copied into an array of Images.
    When walking, you can now cancel your route and choose another route.

Oh and, there's now two canvas'. One's for the exterior (floor and wall set) and interior (all other nodes e.g. furnitures and users). Reasoning for this is because the floor and walls are static based on the room map and it wouldn't make too much sense to be re-drawing them 24 times a second. This won't take away any of the functionality since the actual nodes are still drawn on the main canvas (interior).

TL:DR; just some optimization.

I plan on starting a GitHub repository for the client and server once I've gotten a bit further into the development.

Ripped off the error page from Habbo as well (before it vanishes when they merge), currently only displayed when <noscript> is displayed.

Last edited by KittyChloe; 09-08-19 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Added an edit as of the 8th of August / added a preview of synchronised walking / wrote a quick error page.
    [TABLE="width: 100%"][TR][TD]Project Cortex[/TD][TD][RIGHT]

Please review the forum rules in regards to posting about Discord.

- vLife

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    7,539Posts

Cool. More competition :D Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
    Thread approved, good luck.

We have four dead HTML5 developments on the first page alone, so don't let us down.
    Because you locked one of them which is active.

ModeratorRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    3,380Posts

Got any code snippets? Not saying they're required just curious as how some of the stuff is done.

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Because you locked one of them which is active.
    Active on a different forum. I explicitly stated the reason why the thread is closed, because the thread is dead here, that is dead on RaGEZONE, that was their choice.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    147Posts

Got any code snippets? Not saying they're required just curious as how some of the stuff is done.

Active on a different forum. I explicitly stated the reason why the thread is closed, because the thread is dead here, that is dead on RaGEZONE, that was their choice.
    What are you interested in seeing?

- vLife

ModeratorRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    3,380Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KittyChloe View Post
    What are you interested in seeing?
    Unfortunately I don't know much about the client side of things aside from the networking parts, so I don't know if I could answer this question thoughtfully, but good progress nonetheless. I just thought you'd have anything to share - but it's okay if you don't, no pressure.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    147Posts

Unfortunately I don't know much about the client side of things aside from the networking parts, so I don't know if I could answer this question thoughtfully, but good progress nonetheless. I just thought you'd have anything to share - but it's okay if you don't, no pressure.
    Considering there's not much progress done at all and there's messy test codes and undocumentated parts left around, there's not much there is to share at the moment.

From the room function, how I'm handling the hit registration in terms of the selected tile:
    (had to use images because the forum broke my indention)

And requesting a path to the selected tile when clicking on it:

and drawing the tiles on the exterior canvas and registering the nodes:

yes, sorry for the images, forum couldn't handle the raw code.

Took a minute of my focus away from the rooms to work on the landing view for a quick moment, promos are now dynamically loaded through the server:

Last edited by KittyChloe; 10-08-19 at 12:20 PM.

- vLife

True MemberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    570Posts

Damn, this looks amazing! Keep up the good work
    @Luminia is bae.

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,392Posts

Re: Project Cortex

Oof! Those screens look great; can't wait to see more of this!
    Project Nordlys (Aurora before) reboot:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f331/asp-n...1/#post8988631

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    147Posts

Re: Project Cortex

Threw together a camera to show off the consistency and performance of the canvas:

I plan on adding custom stuff to already existing features (such as the camera), if there's anything you've got on your mind, please, let me know!

- vLife

Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast

Advertisement