Project Cortex

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Re: Project Cortex

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Quality is in the small details so shadows is something you cant leave out :D
    I know!! I just forgot about them! Lol :p

MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    157Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KittyChloe View Post
    Edit #2:

Shadows added! (currently set to 0.25 opacity, not sure what it needs to be, gonna check in a minute)
    Its 48 / 0.19

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Haven't posted updates in quite a while now... ooops...

There's not much new to show because I've basically just rewritten the renderer and stuff to improve the performance... here's a random screen capture I guess!

You can move, pick up, use and place furnitures. Furnitures has got shadows (thanks billsonn for the alpha value). The project is on GitHub but it's set to private until further. Web hooks are up and public though.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    FranceLocation
    318Posts

Fuck, love it ! :D
    Holo5's discord: https://discord.gg/tPjAtmf

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Have begun looking into responsive design! Not everything you see has been fit for responsiveness but I've made small adjustments to make stuff fit for a portrait landscape so far, planning to obviouslly add horizontal as well. Just toying around!

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    2,693Posts

What a fun looking project, best of luck!

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Added the polar bear's habitat bundle.

Before & after. Render priority patch.

Fixed the snowfall, fixed an issue with furnitures seeking for direction 0 if a sprite isn't found with certain arguments. Fixed an issue with furnitures not using animation id 0 if it exists.

Added furniture graphic blend modes! Thanks to Alex for letting me know what the 'ink' attribute does in the visualization manifest!
    Last edited by KittyChloe; 06-06-20 at 09:10 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Added room bundles to the shop! Went with a look that looks cool! The room render is 100% live, it constructs a room out of the room map, walls, floors and furnitures from the room the room bundle page is connected to! It also shows exactly what the room has in the what's included frame. The icon on the bottom left of the renderer is a badge connected to the room bundle!

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Added credits!

- - - Updated - - -

Added the frontpage promos with links to pages in different tabs!

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

A little bit has happened since yesterday! Billsonnn explained to me how Habbo renders their room maps... and amazingly, I was able to replicate this, well, replicating it! However, room tiles has been completed! The textures and colors are stored as materials in the global JSON document, I will also look into implementing a feature on the shop where the user can select a color and apply it to a texture to create their own material, something I suspect Habbo might implement in the future, if not, too bad for them, it's a great opportunity! Without talking myself away, let me introduce you to the preset room floor materials! Stairs are automatically generated properly as well!

Together with this, I also introduced furniture loaders. I took away the preloader (which was the plan all along) and replaced it with furnitures only loading in when required. Furniture icons are also seperated from the furnitures, so to display a furniture icon, you don't need to load a whole furniture spritesheet, but rather just 1 file!

(it might be hard to tell because there's 0 bandwidth taking place here)

MemberRank
    Apr 2015 Join Date
    ValkenburgLocation
    91Posts

Very nice update keep it up

- Via Tapatalk -

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

I FINALLY got walls down! Finally fucking did it!! HAHA!!! I'm so fucking happy right now that it works properly and that all materials works as expected. It needs some VERY TINY tweaks such as shadow shades and what not, but other than that, it renders stairs, walls, doors, wall thicknesses and floor thicknesses all together.

This process is only done once, that's when the map renderer is initialized. You can then remove the graphic and create a new map renderer and attach that, it'll act like a furniture being picked up and placed! It works just like that!

Oh and, I made a shop spaces page template and a couple of more small tweaks, it has floors and walls for now. You purchase them just like any other furniture, they act like a furniture, client thinks it's a furniture, all the way through.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

You can place wall and floor materials down from your inventory by hovering over a tile in the room and clicking. This is done so that you can preview the changes to the room with its furniture and environment before wasting the material for nothing.

Implemented room information and settings dialogs again! Everything you do in the settings dialog is synchronized with the server right away, this includes the room title, description, category, max users, trading, walking, floor- and wall thickness, and access.

(before)

Fixed an issue with the room render priority order where the priority was too high for furniture sprites to be accounted for properly. Above is before this fix, below is after:

Also recompiled 2 furnitures that was converted before I added the ink modes to the JSON documents.

Another tiny detail, fixed the global dialog tab header styles where the black line wouldn't reach the edges by 100%:

Did some work on paths. Instead of sending full on path lengths, the server now sends each tile per walking time (12 frames, 500ms). Cancelling paths and setting new paths works immediately and smoothly.

Click to open in the browser for the full experience/comparison
    Last edited by KittyChloe; 12-06-20 at 11:54 AM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Today was a lot about performance and networking and inheriting Habbo style!

(4,5MB image)

To start things off with, I flooded the server with 20 bots that changes its path randomly to a completely random position, whether it be valid or invalid. Top image is with 20 bots, bottom is with 10. This is the result of those tests. There is still room for improvement on the server as I didn't touch the server code a lot today. Either way, what I've done today is... I updated a lot of pieces in the room renderer and its components. I rewrote a lot of stuff for the better and if you paid attention to the top images, the walking frames are 1:1 to Habbo, the transitions are precise (and automatic now).

The transition method used to transition an user from one tile to another is the same method that any other entity can use, let it be the room map (walls and floor), furniture, or user, or even something else to be added in the future! They all inherit the same methods. Here it is for the furniture rotation I implemented today too!

You can rotate furnitures by left clicking while holding shift, or clicking once and then clicking "Rotate" on the bottom right corner! This all only works if you have rights/are the owner of the room!

I also binded the arrow keys for tile to tile movement, because, why not! This is what I love about Cortex, I can implement any feature I want, even if it does not pay a big role to the game, I can still add it! Also, have you guys EVER laid in bed with a laptop on your stomach? <-<

That's pretty much it for today! Well, so far at least! I woke up late and most of the work was on the client background!

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

I had some fun today with... *dramatic drum* WIREDs!

I've begun with the base of Wireds, right now, the only functional one in this one ^. The base is set up on the server and client, adding new wireds are easy, it's setting them up that'll be the slightly difficult part! Everything up there is synchronized properly with the server.

I also gave avatar a shadow, finally!

I made the height map on the server, this is now what the client uses.

Here's an example of how it'll look like when selecting a furniture for wireds!

Edit:

Some more work done to Wireds!
    Last edited by KittyChloe; 14-06-20 at 07:23 PM.

Advertisement