Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project Cortex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice job. Maybe you can bring back the old school style and make it so when you’re taking a picture, you hold a camera? I really enjoyed that it was a function of the furniture itself, and not like now where it’s a function of the UI (I think). I had to work hard to get those 10 credits and finally be able to buy a camera. Then I had to work hard to get credits for Film! That was credits only though so it was harder to get since it couldn’t be traded! The whole grind back then to get that was fun.

The design of the camera was better then too. The whole experience was better. I know V14 has the version I’m talking about.

A zoom feature would be nice as well.

And another idea :)

Some board games would be cool. The old school battle ship public room would be really epic, maybe with tic tax toe and a few other simple games. Optional to have winners win a prize. Scores are uploaded into database for a scoreboard possibly.

I love that! I'm definitely gonna go ahead and make the camera part of a furniture set (e.g. a bundle of cinema/photography objects, don't know yet) and if I can work out my pixelating, I'll definitely make it a special effect!

Edit:

IhzpKql - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Minor update since I haven't been doing a lot lately (got a lot coming up the following weeks, development is strong and active though updates are going to be pushing out slowly).

Navigator's public rooms now work (rooms are sorted by categories. Categories of type 1 goes into the public rooms, type 0 goes into general rooms.)
Rooms now support 3 different types of floors: no thickness, half thickness, full thickness.
Walls now stack up properly to allow multiple levels of floor heights.
Stairs are now independent (previously they were stacked tiles, realized that'd be an issue when I saw this room model).
Currencies has been brought in and are now displayed on the main widget box.
Worked on the processing of socket messages, now more efficient on both the client and server side.

RUin0NI - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
5OPsOyC - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Achievements now exist, sorted by categories. Each achievement has a level attribute that distributes the points required to level up equally.
When a category has no progress done, it's displayed with a red banner. When there's any progress done, it's orange. When its fully completed, it's green.
When you've leveled up in a quest, a notification is shown until you click on the achievement in its respective category.
Depending on the achievement, it may reward the user with duckets/diamonds/credits + a badge, depending on the configuration.

u1NYm9w - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

PR0

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
5OPsOyC - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Achievements now exist, sorted by categories. Each achievement has a level attribute that distributes the points required to level up equally.
When a category has no progress done, it's displayed with a red banner. When there's any progress done, it's orange. When its fully completed, it's green.
When you've leveled up in a quest, a notification is shown until you click on the achievement in its respective category.
Depending on the achievement, it may reward the user with duckets/diamonds/credits + a badge, depending on the configuration.

u1NYm9w - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

I love the idea of the reward of diamonds and/or duckets!

I'm wondering about how possible it is to add custom achievements?

It would be cool to be able to unlock different achievements/levels of achievements based on a furniture interaction. This could be one of many methods for people to make their own achievements.

An example would be:

Event staff make a maze which is part of a competition/achievement.

Upon furniture interaction at the end of a maze level, they get a achievement level unlocked.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I love the idea of the reward of diamonds and/or duckets!

It would be cool to be able to unlock different achievements/levels of achievements based on a furniture interaction. This could be one of many methods for people to make their own achievements.

An example would be:

Event staff make a maze which is part of a competition/achievement.

Upon furniture interaction at the end of a maze level, they get a achievement level unlocked.

Each achievement is locked to a specific category. Categories are created dynamically through the database. Going off your scenario, to add a category...

you'd first add the image to the web server at images/client/achievements/icons/achicon-NAME.png, see for example.
Then you'd create the category on the database:​
INTO`achievement_categories`(`id`,`title`,`image`) (NULL,'RaGEZONE Events','ragezone');

When that's done, this is what would be shown:​
2BElguO - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

When that's done, you can now add achievements. Starting by creating the achievement icon at images/client/achievements/icons/levels/ach-NAME-LEVEL.png, see and .
Then inserting the achievement into the database, under the category ID we created:​
INTO`achievements`(`id`,`title`,`description`,`image`,`category`,`levels`) (NULL,'True RaGEZONEr!','Link your RaGEZONE account with Habbo Hotel!','verification','8','1');

After that, we've got to add an achievement level for the achievement we added:​
INTO`achievement_levels`(`id`,`achievement`,`level`,`points`,`reward`,`reward_amount`) (NULL,'7','1','250','2','5');

Reward holds the value of what kind of reward (0 = credits 1= duckets 2 = diamonds)

Finally, this is what you get:​
COYwu6s - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

With your concept, you can now create a command that allows Hobba's to give a player x amount of points to an achievement or alternatively instant level up.

The way 0/250 is displayed means that you'll receive 250 points to your achievement score when unlocked, and you don't necesarily need to perform 250 acts to unlock it, e.g. linking your accounts may give 250 points instantly.

I hope this clears it up!

Edit: here's a gif of when it's been achieved (+ everything else in the category)
v79c6kS - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:

pel

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This project looks very promising unlike other recently announced HTML5 Projects. Keep up the good and solid work dude

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Promising project! I'm curious about the upcoming updates. Keep it up!

PR0

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

Each achievement is locked to a specific category. Categories are created dynamically through the database. Going off your scenario, to add a category...

you'd first add the image to the web server at images/client/achievements/icons/achicon-NAME.png, see for example.
Then you'd create the category on the database:​
INTO`achievement_categories`(`id`,`title`,`image`) (NULL,'RaGEZONE Events','ragezone');

When that's done, this is what would be shown:​
2BElguO - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

When that's done, you can now add achievements. Starting by creating the achievement icon at images/client/achievements/icons/levels/ach-NAME-LEVEL.png, see and .
Then inserting the achievement into the database, under the category ID we created:​
INTO`achievements`(`id`,`title`,`description`,`image`,`category`,`levels`) (NULL,'True RaGEZONEr!','Link your RaGEZONE account with Habbo Hotel!','verification','8','1');

After that, we've got to add an achievement level for the achievement we added:​
INTO`achievement_levels`(`id`,`achievement`,`level`,`points`,`reward`,`reward_amount`) (NULL,'7','1','250','2','5');

Reward holds the value of what kind of reward (0 = credits 1= duckets 2 = diamonds)

Finally, this is what you get:​
COYwu6s - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

With your concept, you can now create a command that allows Hobba's to give a player x amount of points to an achievement or alternatively instant level up.

The way 0/250 is displayed means that you'll receive 250 points to your achievement score when unlocked, and you don't necesarily need to perform 250 acts to unlock it, e.g. linking your accounts may give 250 points instantly.

I hope this clears it up!

Edit: here's a gif of when it's been achieved (+ everything else in the category)
v79c6kS - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

WbaLzhc - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums
___
Wow that’s easier than I thought, thanks for that walk through I’m sure it will be useful for many hotel owners down the road :p.

that adds a great dynamic to the retros, custom events!

I think the hobba command method is great! The furniture interaction would be nice too for mazes and unmonitored achievements. Maybe a s a plug-in down the road.

thank you for taking the time to satisfy my curiosity. Much appreciated!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you using any framework to draw things in canvas? or you simply use vanilla canvas ctx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
According to the used technologies in the original post, she only uses the html5 element.

It doesn't specify if she uses vanilla context or a framework, maybe she was specifying that it's been drawn in a Canvas

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

It doesn't specify if she uses vanilla context or a framework, maybe she was specifying that it's been drawn in a Canvas
Vanilla.

I was testing out stuff with some framework but that idea went to hell.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
WbaLzhc - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums
___Discord invite code [removed due to rule violation]
Sorry for the lack of activity, as mentioned earlier, school is killing me and so, I barely have any energy left for the project on a daily basis.

Cortex is now live!
You can now test out the Cortex client yourself at [removed due to rule violation], in order to gather access to the client, you must have Discord and connect to our Discord server using the code on the top.
When you've joined the server, visit the #bot channel and type !sso. Ensure your direct-messages are open.

My precious bot will send you a GUID single-sign in key that you use to log in (once per key).
Do note that the client may sometimes appear (as of now, is) unstable.​

Small updates:
Ls0n1YA - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

The currency bar has been modified and updated a bit, a debug tool has been added which counts said data in live time.

Together with that, the feed has been fixed and is now properly displayed.

wWFljBH - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Walking has been updated to be synced with how Habbo handles its walking.​

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Nice. Keep up the good work. Love to see the end result.

PR0

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Small updates:
Ls0n1YA - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

The currency bar has been modified and updated a bit, a debug tool has been added which counts said data in live time.

It would be a nice feature to add custom feed alerts down the road. Contest reminders, etc.

ive never used discord but I guess I’ll have to later at my lap top to get a peek at this beauty of a project!

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It would be a nice feature to add custom feed alerts down the road. Contest reminders, etc.

ive never used discord but I guess I’ll have to later at my lap top to get a peek at this beauty of a project!

When I get home, I'll create a personal auth key for you so you don't have to get Discord just for the SSO, I'll explain the functionality of your key in the PM. :)

Aaand, about the feed feature, already a thing!

Works something alike this:
(anObject as User).SendWidget("Some text!", "image path");
or
(anObject as User).SendWidget("Some text!");

Edit: your inbox is full :d

Last edited:

PR0

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
When I get home, I'll create a personal auth key for you so you don't have to get Discord just for the SSO, I'll explain the functionality of your key in the PM. :)

Aaand, about the feed feature, already a thing!

Works something alike this:
(anObject as User).SendWidget("Some text!", "image path");
or
(anObject as User).SendWidget("Some text!");

Edit: your inbox is full :d

Oops i emptied my inbox, thanks!

That sounds pretty simple. I love it.

Edit: http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/js-html5-css3-mexturs-soundmachine-1013418/

I stumbled upon this, it's old but I thought you might find it useful. It may be hard to find a complete copy of it, but heres a copy that is missing a few images I think... @The General might have found a complete copy by now.

Here's the best I could find for ya:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back