Re: Project Cortex

Project Cortex
    Sorry. Won't ever be completing this.

True MemberRank
    Mar 2013 Join Date
    ParisLocation
    376Posts

Can you open-source all the work you done ? I think it can be a good start to work on.

Anyway, thanks for this and good luck for your next projects !

LegendRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,753Posts

It's sad to see this development end like this. It had (and stil has) potential to be something awesome. I hope to see a release thread in the future with the work you've done. It would be a shame if nothing happend to it. Whatever the reason is for stopping I liked the updates and work you've done. Good luck!

Join Our RaGEZONE Discord Now!

Send me a PM | send me a mail

Still waiting for XenForo to hit RaGEZONE.

MemberRank
    Oct 2019 Join Date
    1Posts

Hm? So this project is dead...? This is sad, I really liked how it was being done :/

Anyway, sometime ago (30/08/2019) I played the open-test and did a backup, this backup may not be complete as this is just what by browser loaded at the time: https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/KOUdnnjr/file.html
    I think this can be helpful to someone.

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    1,544Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Igoor View Post
    Hm? So this project is dead...? This is sad, I really liked how it was being done :/

Anyway, sometime ago (30/08/2019) I played the open-test and did a backup, this backup may not be complete as this is just what by browser loaded at the time: https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/KOUdnnjr/file.html
    I think this can be helpful to someone.

https://github.com/KittyChloeDev/cortex-server

https://github.com/KittyChloeDev/cortex-client

This should be the repos from around that period. Haven’t checked the content yet, I’m on my phone atm.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    157Posts

Slowly picking up on this.

Been busy since I asked Quackster to unlock the topic but hey, I'll try and get some screens or snippets rolling soon!

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    157Posts

GitHub is up again (server only so far, there is a client but I haven't set up a rep. yet): https://github.com/KittyChloeDev/cortex-server

SocketAuthorization.cs
    SocketPing.cs
    SocketEvents.cs

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    157Posts

A small screenshot from the current state of the client. Everything here is synced properly and functional.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    157Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoRoch4 View Post
    Hello Chloe, I am following your work and I have to say that it is incredible. I want to open a habbo but a flash will finish. I have a question for you. Can you provide the client code to make a contribution? If you agree you contact me by my email? My emails is in my profile.We can also contribute with money for the project in addition to help with the code.Thanks for you,Diogo Rocha.
    I'm not interested. You can stop flooding me with the same message over and over now. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Some progress done to rooms:

Everything here is synced as well (door location, room map, wall type, floor type, thickness, etc):

Some client snippets regarding the room for those interested:

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    1,544Posts

Looking promising again!

A little hint: defining the lengths outside of the for loop wil save you some time.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    157Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joorren View Post
    Looking promising again!

A little hint: defining the lengths outside of the for loop wil save you some time.
    Thanks! I've made amendments to the code!

I've added stair modules that are generated automatically as well; added a minor hit registration which detects what node you're hovering over; I re-made the loops used for drawing the room nodes to count for stacking; added a cursor node.

Hit registration outlines:

I will most likely re-do the way I do the walls, unsure right now.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    157Posts

Changing the thickness' are synced right away, despite the dialog being available by anyone who has ever used a console, the server will still reject everything that isn't sent from the owner of the room. Basic stuff really. The changes are applied to the database right away and all users connected to that room is notified - their client makes the change without the need of reloading the room. It replaces the already placed tiles/walls by re-generating their nodes with the data stored in them already.

(Big GIF up ahead, might take a while to load!) https://i.imgur.com/CsAFfUR.gif

After some... many... hours... of learning how walls work in Habbo... I've mimic'd the formula to almost perfection. Only difference is that the height of the walls I produce is calculated to be dragged from the tile it's being drawn behind up to the "highest" tile and then plus the normal door height. It's not how Habbo does it but I believe that this is the most efficient and good looking way to handle that. With that said, I've imported (almost?) all default models, and they work perfect. Renders within milliseconds. I've also fixed the stairs, as the gif above this one shows - they had the same thickness no matter the floor thickness.

!!

Some work on avatars has begun; took me a while to get a hang of it but I've now got scripts to convert SWF's to PNG sprites and JSON objects, including their manifests and sprite coordinates.

Example of sprite sheet:

Another update!

There's now clothing items etc! Waving, "respecting", etc works as well.
    Last edited by KittyChloe; 26-03-20 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Avatars update!

MemberRank
    Mar 2020 Join Date
    1Posts

Wow, this looks amazing! :)

Can I use your sprite sheet image for my own project?

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    1,544Posts

Don't forget to commit and push Chloe, I bet you don't want your stuff to be gone again

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    157Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shahiem View Post
    Wow, this looks amazing! :)

Can I use your sprite sheet image for my own project?
    Sure... but it won't serve you any purpose without a proper manifest.

Advertisement