Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project Cortex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
tjXO3Ss - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Room navigator got some work done. Thumbnail type added, room information box, added a scrollbar and the expand button now actually shows the full list of rooms (max 10 when not expanded).

lc4YYKu - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Walking is now implemented into rooms. Client sends a request to navigate to a coordinate in the room, server received the request and checks if the client is in a room and that a path (generated through the A* algororithm) exists, if it does, the server stacks the path up with the room user object on the server, reducing it by 1 node each 500 milliseconds (15 frames) to sync the users properly up with someone just now entered the room. The client reads the path and if the avatar is set to already have a path, if it does, it saves the current node and stacks the new path up on it. Server does this too.

The animations are not perfect and obviously gonna change, the arm sleeve issue is also gonna be fixed, it's got to do with a very specific asset which I'll find my way around. Stairs are also gonna be counted for when I get to that.

LhbBLoz - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

(again, the delay only occurs because my computer is put on 100% CPU because of the screen recorder, everything runs smoothly when off)

Update

lDGIxfC - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Stairs are now counted for. Arm sleeves fixed too.

Update

KittyChloe - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Very minimal work begun on furnitures, taking some time to set up a proper converter that utilizes all the data given in the flash binary files and then rendering it all up properly (assets, layers, visualization, logic, etc, etc). It's a tough process but I'm happy to dig my head into this and fight it! Right now, what you see above is a very basic furniture, obviously, a divider, single tile, single sprite. However, it uses nothing but what's given in the flash file to make the process of converting flash files into portable nodes as automatic as it can be.

Generating SHORT but beautified paths for the furnitures is still a question mark for me, I'll look into what I can do about it as an automated process as I'm using Path2Ds. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the furniture rendering to ensure it's as optimized as my scripting abillities allow.

I'd like to take a quick moment to thank everyone who constantly views the topic, leaving comments, leaving likes, leaving feedback and even criticsm. It really boosts my motivation for this and I'm looking forward to see what I can produce for you guys! Thank you.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you use your own server ?

As in server code, yes, I code my own C# server.

As in public/local host, no, it's ran on my computer and not a virtual host.

Update

qDykeX3 - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Further work has been done to furniture rendering! All data used to render the furnitures are generated through the flash files. Images are packed into a spritesheet. See example of the sofa above:

fbwcc5A - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Animations are now being logged too, still early phases of it all but it's coming together.

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Keep up the good work!
Love to see this in real

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I converted a set of random furnitures and placed them in a room through the database. This is the live render.

Room thumbnail captured through the room thumbnail camera.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Keep it up, you're one of the pillar of the sustainability of this game now !

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
U8qQ0nW - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Furnitures now have collisions, if they're set to be "walkable" (in the server database), you'll be able to walk through them, otherwise they'll act as if the tile is blocked. One furniture blocks off all the tiles it covers (in width and height, even if rotated).

ReJdkur - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Liking a room is now synced with the database.

QLJlBIH - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Liked rooms now appear in the my world tab.

zUgY3Jo - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Animations are now live!

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
U8qQ0nW - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Furnitures now have collisions, if they're set to be "walkable" (in the server database), you'll be able to walk through them, otherwise they'll act as if the tile is blocked. One furniture blocks off all the tiles it covers (in width and height, even if rotated).

ReJdkur - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Liking a room is now synced with the database.

QLJlBIH - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Liked rooms now appear in the my world tab.

zUgY3Jo - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Animations are now live!

This is the most promising HTML5 project I've seen to date, I'm excited for this, following heavily.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
9RMSc5k - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Room inventory is synced with the game server which is synced with the database. Stacked furnitures does not include furnitures of the same type placed in the rooms that they are not in the same ones as. If furniture alpha is in room charlie and furniture bravo is in room david, furniture alpha and bravo will not be stacked together.

4J4XnYO - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Playing furniture animations in the inventory display is now working. Clicking on the canvas loops through all the animations it can have until it doesn't have any more and resets it to 0 (off).

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
P39u0Z9 - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Some early stages of placing furnitures in rooms! Some additions to the inventory, a room icon appears on the furniture render if it's in a room. Button to enter the room only appears if you're not in the room it is placed in. The button to place furnitures in the room only appears if you're either the owner or have rights in the room. Placing a furniture makes the room render a furniture for your client only, putting it at half alpha and following the cursor, however, it stacks onto already existing furnitures on that tile. Cursor remains at the lowest depth. When not hovering over a tile, the furniture is not rendered and instead, the icon is rendered as a DOM element (canvas with the icon sprite drawn on it) and follows your cursor, only within the room element though. It does not follow into other stuff such as dialogs etc.

LEL6EFk - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

You can now place a furniture in a room from your inventory. You can also stack them. I had to rewrite some parts of the room rendering to adjust for proper furniture stacking and I'm quite happy with the results! To rotate an object while placing it, you just press SHIFT once per rotation. This is not a thing in Habbo but my god the amount of times I wish Habbo would've had something like this!

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A minor update:

I've begun planning out the game engine structure and have begun fine-writing the room module. This was the plan all along as the first few stuff with the rooms, avatars and furnitures was to work as a sketch-up to the be replaced with properly written scripts. I've finally planned out the hit registration properly, everything is getting together once more but it'll be some few more days before I can show you guys before and after screenshots and code snippets.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can't leave you guys hanging forever, here's a very tiny sneak peak of what's going on, see if you can figure out what it all means!

cX5dYb2 - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back