Project Cortex

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Re: Project Cortex

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Try the spaceship gates (monolith), they have an animation. Dont think many others have an animation.
    This one has an animation but the thing is, only the open/closed frames are in the visualisation binary manifest, and they're added in the sequence on their own as 0 and 3, I think it's meant to be able to calculate the sequence frame on its own but at the same time it's super weird. The exe_gate as 4 frames in total per animation, only 1 is logged in the official sequence.

- - - Updated - - -

test?

- - - Updated - - -

gg, the thread is bugged (?)

True MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    Munich, GermanyLocation
    382Posts

Any1 else not able to see her post? wtf

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

i hope the thread isn't fucked permanently LOL

edit: AYYY it's fixed

edit2: half-fixed?

http://forum.ragezone.com/f331/proje...46/index9.html? works but
    http://forum.ragezone.com/f331/proje...46/index9.html doesn't

True MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    Munich, GermanyLocation
    382Posts

Nah its working now.

MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    157Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KittyChloe View Post

I don't know where the animation of the gate has disappeared off to but it seems like it's been lost somewhere in the conversion, I'm not too sure but I'm investigating.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Try the spaceship gates (monolith), they have an animation. Dont think many others have an animation.
    Yes, those type of gates use a special "transitionTo & transitionFrom" animation. Will have to code special support for it. It will have states 0 / 1, with transitions of 100 / 101

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Before anyone asks, no I did not sit in my basement and select the color of the ones from Habbo using the select tool.

I obviously wrote a script to do that for me. D'uh, what do you think I am? Not a programmer?! Ha!
    Last edited by KittyChloe; 06-05-20 at 07:34 AM.

MemberRank
    Apr 2015 Join Date
    ValkenburgLocation
    91Posts

Very nice job! This is awesome! You going wild

- Via Tapatalk -

MemberRank
    Jan 2015 Join Date
    14Posts

Relase soon ?

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

- - - Updated - - -

The transition from moving from one tile to another is now smoother, as in when you're half-ways through the tile, the avatar priority is switched to the next tile, meaning the furnitures underneath you won't be drawn after your avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

You can now move furnitures, synchronized with the server and all room users all the way through.

- - - Updated - - -

Walls are now rendered properly.

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    7,571Posts

There is a weird back & forth animation.

On Habbo it moves the furniture and only moves it back if an movement error packet is send back to the client. This smooths out the animation and doesnt make it feel like its jumping back & forth as the furniture placeholder is already drawn at the location you want to move it to.
    Signature rules violation

Kindly read our forum rules over again

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Thanks for the information guys.
    Last edited by KittyChloe; 08-05-20 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Definitely didn't break something in the first screenshot!

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Viewing user profiles are being put together, groups have been made (the base at least), I wrote a group badge generator that is done on the client. I made it possible to have the staff badge as the group badge (cannot be set by the client nor server, has to be done through the database). The plan is to introduce group chats when I get around to making the messenger. Oh and I introduced mottos. That's about it for tonight, took me a while to make the groups and style the dialog itself.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Introduced friends with different types (0 = unaccepted, 1 = friend, 2 = favourite friend, 3= best friend, 4 = worst friend, 5 = blocked). User profiles now also fetch data of offline users, including their friends/groups/other information. Last logged in and creation timestamps are now logged.

Introduced badges, you can have 5 active ones at the same time, leveling an achievement up will delete the previous achievement badge and give you the new one and set the active state to the same as the old one.
    Last edited by KittyChloe; 08-05-20 at 02:17 PM.

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    30Posts

I really like your project, but I find it's a shame to replicate the Habbo UI instead of making something new and better.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    158Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matheeus View Post
    I really like your project, but I find it's a shame to replicate the Habbo UI instead of making something new and better.
    I'd argue that the amount of details I put into the interface design makes it worth it and keeps the Habbo vibe we all know and love. Plus I'm nowhere close to being a professional programmer/interface designer. I'd much rather follow guidelines from already existing details, it's how I am able to keep the flow up, pushing out almost daily updates, trying to keep the Habbo section somewhat alive.

- - - Updated - - -

You can now toggle the badges in your inventory.

- - - Updated - - -

Did some adjustments to the hit registration, left one is the live render, right one is one with the contrast turned up so you can see what's actually happening. Users are now rendered with the RGB values of: 255x255x[user index] and walls are rendered with the constant value of 255x255x255. 255x255xZ being the reserved ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Clicking on users now shows the user's profile.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by KittyChloe; 08-05-20 at 09:58 PM.

Advertisement