Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project Igloo: Habbo in HTML5/Canvas [Pixi.JS / VueJS / Bootstrap4 / WebSockets]

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Actually isn't in our plans to implement this.

I have to say I'm disappointed with the project already. All you're doing is picking and choosing the graphics used from the Habbo client. You're not emulating it correctly, you're not using a pre-made server to slow down the work required, and you're half-arsing the features (eg, not implementing furniture animations).

I don't see how in any way this can be considered an "emulated" Habbo if you're not even at least keeping it your project on par with the official Habbo appearance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have to say I'm disappointed with the project already. All you're doing is picking and choosing the graphics used from the Habbo client. You're not emulating it correctly, you're not using a pre-made server to slow down the work required, and you're half-arsing the features (eg, not implementing furniture animations).

I don't see how in any way this can be considered an "emulated" Habbo if you're not even at least keeping it your project on par with the official Habbo appearance.
"we're not making a Habbo client 1:1 clone."

I've said multiple times that isn't my target to make a simple Habbo emulation: I'm making a "new" game really similar to Habbo (because of graphics and base concepts) but that has his own identity.

Making an Habbo-like game in HTML5 is an opportunity to renew the game, so I don't want to waste it by simply sticking to what Habbo did, this is *my own vision* of how Habbo should be.

The Messenger and Catalogue are the first advice about the fact that I'm taking my own creative choices, also about the GUI.

I want to point out that I'm able to make a 1:1 actual Habbo GUI replica, but I don't want to do it, because I think it's a crappy piece of graphics, child of a game that lost his road, many years ago.

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now the Catalogue is dynamic (generates categories and items on what is contained in the JSON data array received from Server) and selects and remembers the selected item.

97335d7f6d1527d218b7b0c69c0ca7f5 - Project Igloo: Habbo in HTML5/Canvas [Pixi.JS / VueJS / Bootstrap4 / WebSockets] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Finished the Public Rooms page of Navigator to make it different from Private/Own.
7c8df0e34e95ddba4c58c190ddd895a5 - Project Igloo: Habbo in HTML5/Canvas [Pixi.JS / VueJS / Bootstrap4 / WebSockets] - RaGEZONE Forums

(however I'm having fun seeing people who put dislike to my posts randomly)

@Quackster can you modify thread title into "Project Igloo: Habbo in HTML5 [Phaser3/VueJS/Bootstrap/WebSockets/Java/Jetty/Postgre]" please? I've clarified what technologies/platforms I'm now using on Client and Server backend.

Roomscene GUI is finished.

hIVIZ0B - Project Igloo: Habbo in HTML5/Canvas [Pixi.JS / VueJS / Bootstrap4 / WebSockets] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score

I don't think it is fair to tell them how to develop their client; just because they're not interested in replicating Habbo like literally every other boring project out there does not make it half arsed. There are much more important things to get stable than the animations in the catalog and to even look into high level functionality while ignoring the low level development is purely ignorant.

Their goals are low level stability and optimizations. That alone speaks wonders about this project because most people push out vanity features and it shows when they have a HTML5 client with 2fps, 100% cpu spikes and horrible coding practices. As a developer I expected you to understand prioritizing the base before considering vanity.

I'm happy to say that we picked Laravel as our PHP Framework for the future CMS of the game.
I disagree with this and think it would make much more sense to keep the stack simple and not spread across multiple languages. The client is in JS (Vue, etc so essentially Node webpacked to regular JS), the server in Java and now adding PHP for the most basic part? I see no reason why you couldn't build out the CMS using Vue as a SPA and add another layer of communication with the server either RESTful, using GraphQL or even on top of the current TCP system.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just rewrote the Isometric Engine today from scratch, now it:
• Spawns left/right walls automatically if is the start of the floormap
• Supports z-axis floors and objects and spawns automatically left/right stairs
• Loads furnis from a new furnidata.json
3f09431c8a8a2d3c9fb23fb69a459cd4 - Project Igloo: Habbo in HTML5/Canvas [Pixi.JS / VueJS / Bootstrap4 / WebSockets] - RaGEZONE Forums

OYWYyhD - Project Igloo: Habbo in HTML5/Canvas [Pixi.JS / VueJS / Bootstrap4 / WebSockets] - RaGEZONE Forums

Sorry if there was lack of updates, but I lost the other developer, so i'm developing this alone: not so much problem for the client, but I have really low experience in making server backend.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ea2462feb959046436e016be02f76dfd - Project Igloo: Habbo in HTML5/Canvas [Pixi.JS / VueJS / Bootstrap4 / WebSockets] - RaGEZONE Forums

Today i wrote the Player entity and PlayersManager classes, the basic things are done like:
• Depth Sorting (it's basic, because it's based on diagonal, I suppose that it needs a more advanced algorythm when I introduce furnis larger more than 1 tile)
• Dynamic spawn of Furnis and Players (ready to be used by the Server)
• Basic movement of the player based on clicked tile (needs to implement walk cycle, but the sprite is already loaded)

Now I need to implement a Pathfinder algorythm (because actually the Player doesn't move by following the tiles) after this I would be ready to reimplement the GUI i wrote in Vue, with some adjustments for Webpack.

Already lack of someone for the Server part.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just reimplemented the GUI i did months ago into the new Client engine.
To have a more structured way to approach to the data I've switched from a simple data array to Vuex state management system.

Now I'm dealing with WebSockets: I'm trying to write a little Server in C# .NET Core (so it's multiplatform and could run also on Mac and Linux) with Fleck Websocket library and I'm thinking about how to structure a Client-side PacketManager (I want an event/listener system), the problem is that now writing both the parts (Client and Server) is getting really challenging because of an amount of work too huge for a single person, especially for me that I never created an Emulator: I've downloaded the Butterfly's sources to see how they implemented an emulator as code to follow as example.

d02453d4756391d7791cb7b13461a6d7 - Project Igloo: Habbo in HTML5/Canvas [Pixi.JS / VueJS / Bootstrap4 / WebSockets] - RaGEZONE Forums

The client already connects to the Server and exchanges some example data between them.

5d5e9396726c3d88519ecd8775b1e175 - Project Igloo: Habbo in HTML5/Canvas [Pixi.JS / VueJS / Bootstrap4 / WebSockets] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've strengthened the "relationship" between Client and Server: now the Client doesn't start if there isn't any response from the Server (eg. the "emulator" isn't started) or closes the GUI of the game with an error screen if the Server closes the connection for any reason, forcing the user to refresh the page.

I've also reintroduced a Loading Screen:
7f1c7a13583b26f4f48cc63183afb6cb - Project Igloo: Habbo in HTML5/Canvas [Pixi.JS / VueJS / Bootstrap4 / WebSockets] - RaGEZONE Forums

The Websocket connection is already stablished during the loading, but, Server waits for the "ready" signal from the Client that is sent at the end of the loading, to send a command that makes the client load the room.

Here's a quick recap of the libraries and frameworks I'm using:

Game Engine: Phaser.IO
GUI: VueJS + Vuex + Bootstrap4 + FontAwesome
Backend: C# .NET Core 3 + (maybe) MariaDB

Vuex works also as "touch point" between Vue's GUI an Phaser's Engine.

For the planned CMS I will going to use Laravel as Framework (if i will develop it from myself).

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Remove the loading screen if you are going to make it artificially slower. :p
It's only partially artificially slower: there's already a preloader for assets, but because the game doesn't already have many images to load, the loading actually is used for measuring if the connection with the server is stable (or I crash the game during the loading).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
"we're not making a Habbo client 1:1 clone."

I've said multiple times that isn't my target to make a simple Habbo emulation: I'm making a "new" game really similar to Habbo (because of graphics and base concepts) but that has his own identity.

Making an Habbo-like game in HTML5 is an opportunity to renew the game, so I don't want to waste it by simply sticking to what Habbo did, this is *my own vision* of how Habbo should be.

The Messenger and Catalogue are the first advice about the fact that I'm taking my own creative choices, also about the GUI.

I want to point out that I'm able to make a 1:1 actual Habbo GUI replica, but I don't want to do it, because I think it's a crappy piece of graphics, child of a game that lost his road, many years ago.

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

That's the spirit that can guide the habbo section forward, even when habbo dies because after this, there will be nothing anymore to copy, just to create. And if there's no one in this community like you that think out of the box, this section will die too.

Congratulations, great project!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, I want to inform about that the project is not dead.

I'm investing lots of time in this period in learning more about making serverside: i'm learning TypeScript and I'm writing the backend on top of NodeJS with Socket.io and TypeORM.

The clientside is as it was, written in JS with Phaser.IO, VueJS+Vuex, Bootstrap4 and now with the adding of Socket.io as socket layer abstraction.

Updates are coming soon. :)

Back