Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Well coded, exploit free CMS for me to start developping

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, I just started learning HTML and CSS and wanted to started experimenting on a CMS that would serve as an example for me. I'm just so confuse with so many options...

In preference, I would like a CMS that would be compatible with the most stable EMU right.

Thank you!

Reaction score
You could try this: https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/rel-odin-cms-pure-roleplay-1082133/

It's decently enough coded however, there is a XSS exploit or two you'll want to fix. Info is in the thread.
I don't call this decently coded. It contains a global.php, still uses 60-70% UberCMS code (which was first released YEARS ago) and also doesn't make use of the MVC pattern.

Most of the current Habbo CMS' make use of old code. I think µHabbo from Xesause is a good example to develop upon. It's still in development, but I believe he released a version somewhere in his thread:

https://forum.ragezone.com/f331/cms-auhabbo-1073339/

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't call this decently coded. It contains a global.php, still uses 60-70% UberCMS code (which was first released YEARS ago) and also doesn't make use of the MVC pattern.

Most of the current Habbo CMS' make use of old code. I think µHabbo from Xesause is a good example to develop upon. It's still in development, but I believe he released a version somewhere in his thread:

It is indeed still in development, and at the moment I'm rewriting it completely. 2.0 will be even cleaner.

On the other hand, although it's easy to modify, I think it's a better idea to write plugins, because it's easier to maintain and distribute, and plugins only need minor changes when updating to a new version. If you need any help, send me a private message for my skype.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Most of the current Habbo CMS' make use of old code. I think µHabbo from @Xesause is a good example to develop upon. It's still in development, but I believe he released a version somewhere in his thread:

MVC for a Habbo, PHP project is just stupid. UberCMS code? That CMS is written from scratch, thank you. All my projects are.

He asked for a CMS so he could start messing around with CSS and HTML. I don't think MVC or OOP will make a difference here lol.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
MVC for a Habbo, PHP project is just stupid. UberCMS code? That CMS is written from scratch, thank you. All my projects are.

He asked for a CMS so he could start messing around with CSS and HTML. I don't think MVC or OOP will make a difference here lol.

Let me give you a few examples of what I see is clearly taken from UberCMS:

Code:
require_once "global.php";

if(!LOGGED_IN)
{
    $core->Redirect(WWW);
}

$tpl->assign('pagetitle', 'Me');

$tpl->assign('Username', $users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'username'));
$tpl->assign('Motto', $users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'motto'));
$tpl->assign('Money', number_format($users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'credits')));
$tpl->assign('Duckets', number_format($users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'activity_points')));
$tpl->assign('Look', $users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'look'));
$tpl->assign('News', $core->GetNewsFeed());
$tpl->assign('OnlineStatus', $core->EnumToBool($users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'online')) ? 'habbo_online_anim' : 'offline_2');

$tpl->draw('head');
$tpl->draw('navi');
$tpl->draw('me');
$tpl->draw('footer');

This is just plain UberCMS style. Also the users class and the core class are both UberCMS style. Actually a core class just is. Also I definitely recognize UberCMS style in the way the global.php is build.

It's not bad, not at all, I think you did a very good job coding this CMS, but there's just better sources to learn from out there. Like the CMS I pointed out. If somebody wants to learn how to program, I think you should provide the person with the best out there, which imo is a MVC pattern (because in developing webapplications this is very important) and also build upon a framework.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Let me give you a few examples of what I see is clearly taken from UberCMS:

Code:
require_once "global.php";

if(!LOGGED_IN)
{
    $core->Redirect(WWW);
}

$tpl->assign('pagetitle', 'Me');

$tpl->assign('Username', $users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'username'));
$tpl->assign('Motto', $users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'motto'));
$tpl->assign('Money', number_format($users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'credits')));
$tpl->assign('Duckets', number_format($users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'activity_points')));
$tpl->assign('Look', $users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'look'));
$tpl->assign('News', $core->GetNewsFeed());
$tpl->assign('OnlineStatus', $core->EnumToBool($users->GetUserVar($_SESSION["Username"], 'online')) ? 'habbo_online_anim' : 'offline_2');

$tpl->draw('head');
$tpl->draw('navi');
$tpl->draw('me');
$tpl->draw('footer');

This is just plain UberCMS style. Also the users class and the core class are both UberCMS style. Actually a core class just is. Also I definitely recognize UberCMS style in the way the global.php is build.

It's not bad, not at all, I think you did a very good job coding this CMS, but there's just better sources to learn from out there. Like the CMS I pointed out. If somebody wants to learn how to program, I think you should provide the person with the best out there, which imo is a MVC pattern (because in developing webapplications this is very important) and also build upon a framework.

I get your point, I really do. But as stated in the OP, he's learning HTML and CSS, not PHP.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I disagree here. Real MVC is not possible in PHP, and you should know that. Separation of concerns, on the other hand, is really important, though, and many CMS'es fail to implement it.

A framework might also not be a necessity because for something as simple as a Habbo CMS, picking some components as a router and a template engine, and maybe an ORM, is good enough.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
PHP, and not from online tutorials but from a good book or two, preferably a recent book.

Codacademy is out of question then? And only PHP? I heart you speaking of some terms i am Not familiar of like MVC OOP ir ORM...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Codacademy is out of question then? And only PHP? I heart you speaking of some terms i am Not familiar of like MVC OOP ir ORM...

- MVC is a design pattern.
- OOP will probably be explained in the book
- An ORM is a systen that makes accessing databases easy, often using OOP techniques

Upvote 0
Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
At this point , no matter what people recommend , it will always have someone who will say

"that cms sucks"
"that cms has horrible code"
"why would you even"

and I could go on.

In truth , it doesn't matter what cms you use. It's matter of how knowledgeable you are. The more you understand of mysql/mysqli and php , the lesser you need to worry about exploits , as you can patch them yourself.

My favorite cms , until today has always remained UberCMS . I even loved Jonteh's ubercms 2.0.1 , despite how many people kept criticizing it for exploits and backdoors , but with just enough effort , you can always clean out the thrash. But that's my liking.

If you are going to ask me , I'm going to recommend RevCMS , and I don't care what people say , but yes , it is said to be the safest out there (without all the plugins) though yes there are a few threads out there with it's known exploit fix

https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/revcms-fix-1012326/

But overall , yes this is my point of view , if you don't agree you don't have to work on it , also best of luck with your experimenting :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
At this point , no matter what people recommend , it will always have someone who will say

"that cms sucks"
"that cms has horrible code"
"why would you even"

and I could go on.

In truth , it doesn't matter what cms you use. It's matter of how knowledgeable you are. The more you understand of mysql/mysqli and php , the lesser you need to worry about exploits , as you can patch them yourself.

My favorite cms , until today has always remained UberCMS . I even loved Jonteh's ubercms 2.0.1 , despite how many people kept criticizing it for exploits and backdoors , but with just enough effort , you can always clean out the thrash. But that's my liking.

If you are going to ask me , I'm going to recommend RevCMS , and I don't care what people say , but yes , it is said to be the safest out there (without all the plugins) though yes there are a few threads out there with it's known exploit fix

https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/revcms-fix-1012326/

But overall , yes this is my point of view , if you don't agree you don't have to work on it , also best of luck with your experimenting :)

Reading all your comments Im getting confused about where to start, mainly because I dont have the knowledge to understand your arguments. Maybe I should start by learning PHP without thinking about the Habbo part. Whats the best way to start? Codacademy or books?

Upvote 0
Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Reading all your comments Im getting confused about where to start, mainly because I dont have the knowledge to understand your arguments. Maybe I should start by learning PHP without thinking about the Habbo part. Whats the best way to start? Codacademy or books?

Definitely books before codeacademy. Learn the theory behind php before experimenting with it. Grasp the understanding before grasping the fundamentals.

If I were you , I'd learn php through books while learning html/css on codeacademy , then once I'm able to create a webpage from scratch , I'll experiment on php either from codeacademy or localhost. Trust me , you wont be having alot of headache if you learn by books first when learning php

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Definitely books before codeacademy. Learn the theory behind php before experimenting with it. Grasp the understanding before grasping the fundamentals.

If I were you , I'd learn php through books while learning html/css on codeacademy , then once I'm able to create a webpage from scratch , I'll experiment on php either from codeacademy or localhost. Trust me , you wont be having alot of headache if you learn by books first when learning php

Great answer! Thank you so much! So I dont really need books for html/css right? I already have learned those two languages on codeacademy but I am afraid I forget those when I finish my PHP book...

Is there any specially good PHP book for beginners?

Is php all I need for building a cms?

Thank you!!

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great answer! Thank you so much! So I dont really need books for html/css right? I already have learned those two languages on codeacademy but I am afraid I forget those when I finish my PHP book...

Is there any specially good PHP book for beginners?

Is php all I need for building a cms?

Thank you!!

You'll also need to know SQL for database queries. You won't forget HTML and CSS during your PHP study, because it will probaby also involve those languages a bit.

Upvote 0
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
HTML = mark-up language, so this is your page structure; elements.
CSS = cascading style sheets; top-to-bottom page styling, read in that order.
PHP = server-side code; triggers SQL queries to insert/update/remove database table data and structures, protects against XSS, SQL injection, etc. when learned and applied
MySQL = server-side database code; used in PHP to query the DB via C.R.U.D (Google this, but in short create/read/update/delete) methods
JS = client-side code; form validation (cosmetic purposes; do your PHP form validation too as that is the MOST important part)

A good book to learn from is Larry Ullman's PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites, for sale .

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
PHP = server-side code; triggers SQL queries to insert/update/remove database table data and structures, protects against XSS, SQL injection, etc. when learned and applied
MySQL = server-side database code; used in PHP to query the DB via C.R.U.D (Google this, but in short create/read/update/delete) methods
JS = client-side code; form validation (cosmetic purposes; do your PHP form validation too as that is the MOST important part)

A good book to learn from is Larry Ullman's PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites, for sale .

Awesome answer too. Im getting spoiled lol.

Why do you Say CSS is top to bottom? I thought you could write properties on selectors in whatever order and what mattered was the order of the selectors on the html page...

Do I need any extra coding knowledge to edit an emulator? (Add furni or fix a backdoor)

Thank you guys

Awesome answer too. Im getting spoiled lol.

Why do you Say CSS is top to bottom? I thought you could write properties on selectors in whatever order and what mattered was the order of the selectors on the html page...

Do I need any extra coding knowledge to edit an emulator? (Add furni or fix a backdoor)

Thank you guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Back