Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Compile comet emulator

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I've got comet emulator by Jonteh.

But it doesn't work to compile in visual studio c++ community edition...

I'm wondering which program do I need for compiling .java? and which on do I need to compile of all files inside the Comet emulator folder?

Or does anyone has it compiled and can send it to me?

Thanks! - Alozi

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can use JetBeans IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse.

Whait I compile it for you, but i need your Comet Source.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Did not succeed with compiling with IntelliJ using the maven packager or Eclipse :$:
Sonay I sent you a PM.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
In the release thread, Leon supplied instructions to compile it correctly. It's what I followed, as I had never used Maven before.
Yeah I found it and followed it, but it says.

Once this is done, you will find the built JAR files in Comet-Server/target/bin, you will want to copy this to another directory where you have also copied the "config" directory to.

To run the JAR file, you will want to use the following command on either Linux or Windows.

Code:

java -jar Comet-Server-[VERSION].jar

Which config there is tons of configs?

And to run the JAR file it says I need to enter the following command above, I tried in CMD as an administator, but I guess I need to run following command, in the directory, If I'm right.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I found it and followed it, but it says.

Which config there is tons of configs?

And to run the JAR file it says I need to enter the following command above, I tried in CMD as an administator, but I guess I need to run following command, in the directory, If I'm right.

You shouldn't need to be in the directory but you would have to link to it e.g. C:\%user%\path\path\***.jar etc

When it says "Where you copied the config folder to" that means on your server itself for the config folder, so once you double click 'package' in Maven then you will take that .jar file and put it inside Comet/ on your server where the config/ folder is located.

I have some extra information in mine because a friend gave me a download to his source but in the config folder is in %path%/Comet-master and has six files within it.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to be in the directory but you would have to link to it e.g. C:\%user%\path\path\***.jar etc

When it says "Where you copied the config folder to" that means on your server itself for the config folder, so once you double click 'package' in Maven then you will take that .jar file and put it inside Comet/ on your server where the config/ folder is located.

I have some extra information in mine because a friend gave me a download to his source but in the config folder is in %path%/Comet-master and has six files within it.
I did like everything you said, and it went good actually.

The thing now is that I wan't to open the emulator, and I guess, I have to run this in the directory command prompt there my (Comet-Server-1.3.1-ALPHA2) is located and I did, but I get this log, is there something wrong I've did?

Alozi - Compile comet emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not really sure. When I compiled the project it didn't work but different error so I was doin something else wrong.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not really sure. When I compiled the project it didn't work but different error so I was doin something else wrong.

Oh okay! But thanks anyways man you helped me much on the way :):

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you missing your config folder? Look at the last line of the error. My issue was the lib/ folder was missing a dependency or something from the newly built code.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Are you missing your config folder? Look at the last line of the error. My issue was the lib/ folder was missing a dependency or something from the newly built code.
No you said that the config folder has 6 files within it, I found it, and did put the jar file & lib folder from target/bin in the config folder togheter with the 6 files.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No you said that the config folder has 6 files within it, I found it, and did put the jar file & lib folder from target/bin in the config folder togheter with the 6 files.

create a config folder and put those files in it

• cache.json
  • comet.properties
  • ehcache.xml
  • figuredata.xml
  • locale.properties
  • log4j.properties

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
create a config folder and put those files in it

• cache.json
  • comet.properties
  • ehcache.xml
  • figuredata.xml
  • locale.properties
  • log4j.properties
That's done already.

I did put the lib folder and the jar file in there too, but it didn't work, I took them out and then took this picture.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for all maven guys like me: put the log4j.properties into src/main/resources !!

from

sorry I couldn't have the answer for you off the bat like you were probably hoping for, just working with what has worked for me

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
from

sorry I couldn't have the answer for you off the bat like you were probably hoping for, just working with what has worked for me
I tested to put the log4j.properties into src/main/resources but it didn't work, now I have started from a fresh start, I have compiled the pom.xml in IntellIJ and now I'm done with the compiling/intellj part.

Could you please tell me exactly how you did after you compiled pom.xml in IntellIJ?

Would really appreciate it if you have time.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tested to put the log4j.properties into src/main/resources but it didn't work, now I have started from a fresh start, I have compiled the pom.xml in IntellIJ and now I'm done with the compiling/intellj part.

Could you please tell me exactly how you did after you compiled pom.xml in IntellIJ?

Would really appreciate it if you have time.

I followed the instructions in the thread, I imported pom.xml (from Comet-Master, not Comet-Server) and then once that loaded I double clicked package from within Maven Projects and took the .jar from target/bin/ and put it in my Comet folder w/ lib and config on my server.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I followed the instructions in the thread, I imported pom.xml (from Comet-Master, not Comet-Server) and then once that loaded I double clicked package from within Maven Projects and took the .jar from target/bin/ and put it in my Comet folder w/ lib and config on my server.
Weird, that's what I've done, I get this error now, one step closer I guess.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Weird, that's what I've done, I get this error now, one step closer I guess.

End the comet process from task manager and then run again

I think I got that error message after I'd double clicked the .jar once

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
End the comet process from task manager and then run again

I think I got that error message after I'd double clicked the .jar once
It's loading now, but shouldn't it show the stats of the emulator? Like how many online?

I haven't tried it yet, my client is white and I'm gonna fix that later!

Upvote 0
Back