Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Downloadable Shockwave client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm working on a decent working v15 oldschool Habbo Hotel. My biggest problem is the Shockwave client and all the things a player need to download to play on the hotel.

I saw many hotels with downloadable .exe shockwave clients, and my question is: How do I do this? I don't know where to start and what information I need.

Thanks in advance.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've been investigating this for a few days but I can't find the way to compile habbo.dcr as a valid EXE. It looks like the main issue is about passing parameters that are required by the loader: host IP, port, external text and variable texts. Compiling an EXE requires doing it with Director MX 2004 or some tools available on GitHub.

@Quackster got this for Classic Habbo and the experience is amazing. I can't find a better way to execute Shockwave on modern systems, without requiring Pale Moon. I'm sure this will help people working on new emulators! I'm happy to document this properly if we can get some guidance.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet, Quackster made a fork of the Basilisk browser, which itself is a fork of Firefox. It has Shockwave built in, you don't have to download anything. You can download it here

I already stumbled across Quack's Basilisk Browser, but it's still not the same as a downloadable client/exe. I want something similar like Classic Habbo.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could do something like I did using Shockwave projector. You can download my desktop client on
LfLNeAX - Downloadable Shockwave client - RaGEZONE Forums

SkyGuy244 - Downloadable Shockwave client - RaGEZONE Forums

You will need to add your own DCR files in ./habbo_files/hotel/
I only included some cast files (.cct) needed to run my hotel.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could do something like I did using Shockwave projector. You can download my desktop client on
LfLNeAX - Downloadable Shockwave client - RaGEZONE Forums

You will need to add your own DCR files in ./habbo_files/hotel/
I only included some cast files (.cct) needed to run my hotel.

Thank you very much, it works like a charm! I would really like to talk with you (through Discord?) about this, because I want to know how this exactly works and how you did this.

Is it possible to make an appointment?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back