Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Havana Client Disconnect Off Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Original Issue on the Havana release thread :
Most recent issue.

I've setup everything correctly for the most part. I have the ip for my server listed as the ip under webserver.ini and server.ini. My database is setup correctly and I have all of the urls, loader ip, dcr, vars, txt links all updated in the database under my server ip (YES I will be changing to a live URL later on). I also have the URLs changed in the External Variables file pointing to the right address. Ports are all left alone and are pretty much default.

The server loads up on a local environment with the linux vps ip address, when I try to load the client off the VPS on my personal laptop the client stops at the last 10% of the loading bar and crashes. I've opened the inspector on the client to make sure all of my URL paths were correct and honestly I'm stumped.

If anyone can offer suggestions to what I might have overlooked that would be great. Thanks in advance!

(Screenshot is from my personal computer, not the VPS) Blocked out the title bar because I really don't want a bunch of people knowing my server ip. Sorry.

What I've double checked:
  • Checked the links in the Vars and [double checked links in the database.]
  • Did a fresh reinstall of all of the Havana files since my original setup was a bit messy.
  • Created .htaccess file based off of a Kepler V14 thread here and placed it in my V31 DCR folder.
  • Used web-inspector to double check links to var, DCR, txt files were all accurate.
  • Ports open on Linux

I can access the site OFF SERVER on my own personal computer. The only issue is the client not loading 100%. (Photo Attached) It will get to the last 1/8 and crash. The client works fine on the server and can even be accessed/played directly on the VPS. If someone could point me in the right direction. It's been awhile since I've messed around with servers and emulators probably since phpretro and the v26 days. I really don't want to bother the dev too much. Thanks in advance.

------
EDIT:

My intuition was correct and I did have everything setup correctly on the servers end. However I completely forgot to check if my VPS provider had their own secondary firewall implications. It was literally in my face the entire time and I didn't ever check it. I have the host firewall settings setup correctly now and the server is running awesome. I just need to point my url to the server and figure out a client solution.

Sorry again.

- Pas <3
Error - Havana Client Disconnect Off Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back