Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

My hotel being ddosed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I dont have $300 to buy hyperfilter VPS. What is an alternative to stop these small attacks from happening?

Unknown Place
Reaction score
TCP Proxy + Cloudflare shoud be safe enough

Did you remove direct.yourdomain.com on your cloudflare?

That gives them acces to ur ip for free ;)?

You are confusing the purpose of CloudFlare network, any simple abuse complaint sent to them, will result in your IP being revealed for the attacker. They are strict clear about this, so all you have to do, is point a domain and make a proper report/claim and you'll get it, no matter how you configure it, they literally doesn't gives any credit, regarding issues that their users may have to deal with directly.

So try it, and you will see what I mean :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
xHosts.uk - Windows & Linux VPS - Cosmic Guard
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
You are confusing the purpose of CloudFlare network, any simple abuse complaint sent to them, will result in your IP being revealed for the attacker. They are strict clear about this, so all you have to do, is point a domain and make a proper report/claim and you'll get it, no matter how you configure it, they literally doesn't gives any credit, regarding issues that their users may have to deal with directly.

So try it, and you will see what I mean :)

Cloudflare no longer share the IP address with a reporter, they provide you a report number and the providers contact details such as email address, they send a copy of your report to the company but you can contact the provider direct and quote your cloudflare abuse report number so that they can match it up to the complaint in question. The only time cloudflare will give you a direct ip address is if you have a court order and some how I do not think someone in the retro community will be going to court just to get an ip address of an rival hotel.

Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score
Cloudflare no longer share the IP address with a reporter, they provide you a report number and the providers contact details such as email address, they send a copy of your report to the company but you can contact the provider direct and quote your cloudflare abuse report number so that they can match it up to the complaint in question. The only time cloudflare will give you a direct ip address is if you have a court order and some how I do not think someone in the retro community will be going to court just to get an ip address of an rival hotel.

This is incorrect, I've just confirmed it today :)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Cloudflare ain't very strong in order to stop even a medium DDoS attack (except the paid ones). If it's Layer 7, have you checked which url is being attacked (if not the root)?

PHP files that require a lot of backend (such tons of mysql executions or external fetch or whatever) is the best target, since it would take less to take it all down. Check where it is being DDoSed and post it here to us the file.

Just as a note, it may not only be PHP file, but any other language you're using as backend.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cloudflare ain't very strong in order to stop even a medium DDoS attack (except the paid ones). If it's Layer 7, have you checked which url is being attacked (if not the root)?

PHP files that require a lot of backend (such tons of mysql executions or external fetch or whatever) is the best target, since it would take less to take it all down. Check where it is being DDoSed and post it here to us the file.

Just as a note, it may not only be PHP file, but any other language you're using as backend.

Well I havn't been ddosed yet for around 2-3 weeks. I think the problem is fixed. One problem Im having is that my 8gb vps is going slow... I had a 4gb and it went so smooth :L

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Well I havn't been ddosed yet for around 2-3 weeks. I think the problem is fixed. One problem Im having is that my 8gb vps is going slow... I had a 4gb and it went so smooth :L

It really depends tbh. There's no way telling if its going to work or not. If you have like a PHP file with 10k queries you can be sure a small/medium DDoS attack will end your server resources in the matter of seconds.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It really depends tbh. There's no way telling if its going to work or not. If you have like a PHP file with 10k queries you can be sure a small/medium DDoS attack will end your server resources in the matter of seconds.
Want to check them out for me bud?

Upvote 0
Back