Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

HTML 5 Java CMS & Server? RIP FLASH

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, sense flash is leaving soon in 2020 i'm guessing everyones moving to HTML 5 with java emulators?

I am just trying to figure out what shall i do next? i am still using Flash on my current hotel and am looking to switch over sense Flash will stop working December 21st 2020.

I seen a couple of HTML 5 Habbo projects but none seem to be anywhere near finished if i'm correct?

What shall I do to move forward in the retro community?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If there are no functional alternatives, you could wait and see if they make progress or somebody starts with a server for the Unity client. Or you could also start with a new client yourself, but with the time left that's not an option for your retro. You could start with it anyway if you have time.

What I guess is gonna happen in short term is that soon retros are gonna make you install an alternative browser until they can make use of the new client/alternative ones, so I would wait until near the death of flash and then display a warning about needing an alternative browser, for now.

Upvote 0
Back