Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[kepler v15] teleporter sprites are only half visible

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am currently adding some furniture from later versions and I encounter a strange behavior with teleporters. I have summarized the whole thing in two pictures. On the right you can see the teleporter before I have placed it in the room. All textures are visible. On the left you can see the teleporter in the room. As you can see some textures are missing now.

If you use the teleporter you can also see the animations. But I think there is also a frame or two missing. However, the teleporters are fully functional and only newly added teleporters are affected. My idea was that i might have to link the whole thing differently under 'sprites'. I tried a few variations but didn't succeed. Is it something else? Maybe someone knows more.

thanks for reading

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its a problem with that version of the Shockwave client. Assuming youre using v14-17ish.

Theres also issues with fx adding the disco floor where youre only able to walk on 1 of the 4 tiles - Thats how I figured out that the older versions have major issues with newer sprites, teleporter, sofas, floors.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes that's right. i had to admit at the end that there are simply complications with some newer sprites. the teleporters, the floors you mentioned and some items cannot be clicked on and therefore cannot be placed. So I have been working on the ccts of some items for the last few days so that the items work again. pretty much most of it up to v36. I'll probably come to the teleporters tomorrow or Friday

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do of course. I then publish a package with the files. Probably together with the database, texts and the completely revised catalog. I'm trying to make a nice round thing out of it

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So i started with the teleporters. I was a bit distracted from Path of Exile. It looks like there is a lingo script for "new" and "old" teleporters. Except the oldschool teleporters (telephone box, wardrobe, portaloo, hc tele) actually all work with the new script. The new script divides the textures into more levels than the old one and that is the reason why textures are missing. Unfortunately i didn't find the lingo script for new teleporters. Maybe someone knows another source than the Quackster Github.

To complete that. Since i can't get the script for new teleporters i started adapting the .ccts to the old lingo script. I could use the teleporter so far. What doesn't work yet are the effects. So flashing or lights and all that stuff. The effects were a bit more complex with later teleporters and use more frames. And there lies the problem. He just seems to want to use one frame. Several have not worked so far. So I'm still thinking about a workaround for this problem

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for the triple post, but I don't like opening a new thread when it comes to more or less the same topic.

I have the Snapping Teleporter here as an example. The plant opens and closes when you enter. Everything great. However, the plant should have a little animation during porting. That works theoretically too. However, two frames overlap. I have attached what it looks like as an example. What I find strange about it is the fact that it doesn't happen when you enter the teleporter. But why with the animation? I'll leave the file here and if someone with more brain wants to take a look at it and has a solution ready then I would be super grateful

Attachments

Upvote 0
Back