Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Massive problems with my hotel since the new Flash Player Update yesterday

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey, since the new update from Adobe Flash Player (the one that ends with .140) we're having massive problems with our hotel. We're still using the old version (r63a) and refusing to switch to the new one for several reasons, but when you enter rooms or have specific furnis in the room or catalogue, the client freezes and you get kicked out. We're not the only hotel that is fighting with that problem and we've been desperately searching for a solution for hours. Also, we're almost sure that there's a problem with the habbo.swf because we get the error message: TypeError: Error #1009 Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. It would be nice if anyone could help.

I've two crash logs of Flash Player (enter room and open some furni categories in the catalogue):

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at com.sulake.habbo.room::RoomEngine/-HZ()
at com.sulake.habbo.room::RoomEngine/-3FD()
at -11q::-fc/-3-F()
at -11q::-fc/reset()
at -11q::-fc/dispose()
at com.sulake.habbo.catalog::HabboCatalog/dispose()
at com.sulake.core.runtime::-0jP/dispose()
at com.sulake.core.runtime::-2R5/dispose()
at com.sulake.core.runtime::-2R5/error()
at com.sulake.core.runtime::-2R5/-0MQ()
at com.sulake.core.runtime::-2R5/-20T()

and

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at com.sulake.habbo.avatar::HabboAvatarEditorManager/close()
at -34U::-1dd/dispose()
at -bI::-0eQ/dispose()
at -0gI::-02H/dispose()
at com.sulake.habbo.ui::-20r/dispose()
at com.sulake.habbo.ui::RoomUI/dispose()

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
[STRIKE]Please try:
Google Chrome 67.0.3386.1 (dev)
Flash plugin 29.0.0.147

No probs as far as I can see.[/STRIKE]

Waste of time - sorry

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just don't get it - furni files don't have any logic - every furni has the same pice of code - or am I wrong?

And please ignore my post above - it crashed out a few minutes ago.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I have the same problem with some of my furnis

Any solution?

I just don't get it - furni files don't have any logic - every furni has the same pice of code - or am I wrong?

And please ignore my post above - it crashed out a few minutes ago.

I don't know the source of the problem either, it crashes all the time

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My hotel has the same problem.

I tried the following:
- SSL enabled in the client -> no success
- Ads removed from the client -> No success (In the update came a new adblocker from Chrome)
- Other browsers (Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome) -> No success

I don't found any logs. Neither client side or server side. Event Viewer was controlled, crashdumps on Chrome -> All solutions no success

The mistake happens even in empty rooms. It occurs permanently in certain rooms, but rarely in other rooms.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've two crash logs of Flash Player (enter room and open some furni categories in the catalogue):

at com.sulake.habbo.room::RoomEngine/-HZ()
at com.sulake.habbo.room::RoomEngine/-3FD()
at -11q::-fc/-3-F()
at -11q::-fc/reset()
at -11q::-fc/dispose()
at com.sulake.habbo.catalog::HabboCatalog/dispose()

and

at com.sulake.habbo.avatar::HabboAvatarEditorManager/close()
at -34U::-1dd/dispose()
at -bI::-0eQ/dispose()
at -0gI::-02H/dispose()
at com.sulake.habbo.ui::-20r/dispose()
at com.sulake.habbo.ui::RoomUI/dispose()

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
second example of furniture, which is every roomentry freezing:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found a easter 18 furniture, which is failed to loading and the client are freezed. I think, it's a specific furni code...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
These flash files are identical - I've made a diff check - but the internal logic type may vary.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nothing you can do about it. Just move to another game I guess.

Useless comment.

I saw peperflash gives out some errors: pepflashplayer.dll is not a valid instance ID.
Also I checked it with Firefox and IE had there no issues.

I'm at the moment to create a own browser with the chrome egine, its working fine but not everyone can install software.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Useless comment.

I saw peperflash gives out some errors: pepflashplayer.dll is not a valid instance ID.
Also I checked it with Firefox and IE had there no issues.

I'm at the moment to create a own browser with the chrome egine, its working fine but not everyone can install software.

Some hotels do not have the problem, the problem comes from the habbo.swf is it correct?

Upvote 0
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
The problem is due to the fact that the recent flash player patched some exploits, and it seemingly broke? custom furniture assets/swfs.

The most serious of the bugs impact Adobe Flash Player 29.0.0.113 and earlier versions. “Successful exploitation could lead to arbitrary code execution in the context of the current user,” Adobe said.

Affected versions of Flash Player are Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime, Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome and Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and IE 11. CVEs include CVE-2018-4932, CVE-2018-4933, CVE-2018-4934, CVE-2018-4935, CVE-2018-4936 and CVE-2018-4937.

Three out of four of the vulnerabilities rated critical include a use-after-free vulnerability (CVE-2018-4932) that could result in a remote code execution attack, an out-of-bounds write flaw (CVE-2018-4935) that creates conditions ripe for unwanted information disclosure and another out-of-bounds write (CVE-2018-4937) bug that could create favorable conditions for remote code execution attacks.

Mateusz Jurczyk and Natalie Silvanovich of Google Project Zero are credited for finding four of the Adobe Flash Player bugs – two of which were rated critical (CVE-2018-4935, CVE-2018-4937). Lin Wang of Beihang University is also credited for discovering one of the critical Flash Player bugs (CVE-2018-4932).

Adobe is urging users of Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime for Windows, Macintosh and Linux to update to Adobe Flash Player 29.0.0.140 via the products update mechanism or by visiting the Adobe Flash Player Download Center. It said Google Chrome, Edge and IE users will each be automatically updated to the latest versions.

There are probably a few discrepancies between a custom furniture asset, and one that Habbo would put out themselves. In the meanwhile, you can probably disable any custom furniture in your hotel as a workaround, but that's IF custom furniture asset is even the problem(Can someone verify this?).

By custom furniture I mean one that a user like you or me would create, and share in forums like these.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
but that's IF custom furniture asset is even the problem(Can someone verify this?).

Ours and other RP's was caused by the original "arrow.swf" furni that is released with the Boon catalog/swfs. Removed it and created our own and it's working gucci

Upvote 0
Back