Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Decompile DCR and CCT files using ProjectorRays

Ball like Wall
Reaction score
Didn't see any mention of this tool. I know DCR and CCT files are oldschool and outdated, just think of this tutorial as data preservation. Just giving strict steps, deviate if needed.

1. Create a folder
2. Download . The file downloads as "projectorrays-6ae150a.exe", rename it to "pr.exe" for simplicity sake, put it in your folder.
2. Copy your DCR and CCT files you want to decompile into the folder
4. Open CMD, change directory to the folder you put the DCR/CCT files and ProjectorRays program in (e.g. "cd C:\Users\You\decompile")
5. To decompile a DCR file, you'd type "pr.exe hotel.dcr hotel.dir". There will now be a file called habbo.dir.
Same process for your CCT files: "pr.exe hh_furni.cct hh_furni.cst"
6. To open/edit these files, you need to install Macromedia Director. I used the .
7. You can now edit those files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found this pretty useful! It allowed me to add the missing overlay pixel and scripts to hh_room, to get moodlights working on v15. Thank you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found this pretty useful! It allowed me to add the missing overlay pixel and scripts to hh_room, to get moodlights working on v15. Thank you.

Same. Was the first thing I had to do. Windows are next. Thanks Joocy

what have you guys done differently? i took the scripts from hh_room_private and added the roomdimmer pixel from hh_interface to the v15 hh_interface.cct. am i missing something?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I converted hh_room.cct to hh_room.cst and that worked. Then I converted habbo.dcr to habbo.dir and that worked also, but when I try to open habbo.dir it in MX 2004 I get: 'empty.cct is protected and cannot be opened'.

Then when I try to convert empty.cct to empty.cst I get:

Version: Macromedia Director MX 2004 (10.0#188)
No cast!

Any help?

Edit: ok the file habbo.dir seems to open without problem. Can you just ignore the empty.cct error?

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I converted hh_room.cct to hh_room.cst and that worked. Then I converted habbo.dcr to habbo.dir and that worked also, but when I try to open habbo.dir it in MX 2004 I get: 'empty.cct is protected and cannot be opened'.

Then when I try to convert empty.cct to empty.cst I get:

Version: Macromedia Director MX 2004 (10.0#188)
No cast!

Any help?

Edit: ok the file habbo.dir seems to open without problem. Can you just ignore the empty.cct error?

Launch and enable this Xtra (within the MX 2004 Xtras directory) and then open habbo.dir

Last edited:
Back