Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ALL GAMES CRASH! - Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i'm having a problem running almost any game,
they shutdown after 15~30 mins.
The problem is that i don't get any notification or error about what it could be.
All games from league of legends on low to dying light on ultra.
I've done research that my computer should be able to handle all of those games, atleast on normal graphics... Yet i still have more issues with those games than a person with a standard computer.
If anyone can give me some advice that would be great and change alot:rolleyes:

So here's my case:

Videocard: GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
CPU Speed: 3.4 GHZ
Motherboard: B75A-G43 GAMING
RAM: 16 GB DDR3
PSU: Corsair CX600M
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Free Space: 600GB from 1000GB
Sound Card: NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

And a PSU Test:

Minimum PSU Wattage: 298 W
Recommended PSU Wattage: 348 W

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just crash to Windows or entire rig shuts down?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
are you monitoring temperatures? could be a dozen things that make a pc go funky.
faulty psu that barely delivers enough power for example.
if you have more than 1 memory module it might be one of them is faulty.
spec wise that pc should easily play any game without crashing.

if you have more than 1 memory module id start with taking them out and only running with 1 module and see if it still stays unstable you might also want to try using a different psu if you have one available.
other than a bad seated cpu cooler causing overheat ram and psu i noticed are often the culprit or at least they are with the pc's that get returned to the store i work.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Did you build this rig yourself? Could be thermal paste issue too....

But the freezing makes me think possibly a bad GPU

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have run some tests but nothing out of order i think..

Sujin - ALL GAMES CRASH! - Gaming PC - RaGEZONE Forums

REMOVED (0x MSAA)
(8x MSAA)
If it might be the psu not giving the gpu the power it requires, then what?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok..Prime95 would have shut it down if it was a thermal paste issue...

Could be a PSU issue not working at full capacity...do you have a spare one you can test with? Or go buy one then return it afterwards if it's not that.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Might be your Video card update it if not the case get msi after burner and try to increase your fan speed power limite. if that still is not the case go for monoliths soution.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My videocard is up to date, and im already overclocking (overclock genie mode, overclocks when needed and uses the right amount.)
I dont have a spare 400+ PSU, but also the volts from the outcome are corrrect.

When i go to NVIDIA Geforce Experience, it tells i 9/10 games i have are playable at all ultra settings. But it gives me 10~20 fps when i try to use those recommended settings. Somethings not right with my computer :')

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Dont overclock there isnt really a need for that specially not with a rig like yours and dont believe nvidia control panel lmao just cos it says you can play something on ultra doesnt mean poop turn off shadows ingame and watch the fps difference for example.
Also keep an eye on your voltages. if they fluctuate use something like openhardware monitor to keep track of them WHILE youre playing.
Its possible the voltages are fluctuating cos of a unstable psu.
Minor fluctuations are acceptable (even normal) but if its to much there is your reason for crashing i had more than 1 pc act strange cos of a faulty psu which worked fine for office and stuff but once i put strain on my pc with a shiny 3d game the psu simply couldnt deliver the power it was supposed to even though it was a 600+ watt psu.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Take the overclock off....see if it changes.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok...people have given you numerous things to try....when you try even ONE of these ideas and post the results I will help you more. Right now your not trying any of the advice you are given and we are just wasting time repeating ourselves.

x42

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I had similar problem with MSI's GTX 650. It came with an unstable factory OC. I had to manually underclock it to reference to make it work without constant crashing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have turned off the overclocking, and that made it worse. My fps dropped dramatically and my computer crashed 3 times in 1 day. (my record)

I found out that the gpu is not overheating and neither is the cpu.
but i did find this

Reaction score
I had similar problem with MSI's GTX 650. It came with an unstable factory OC. I had to manually underclock it to reference to make it work without constant crashing.

I've had this same issue. I opted to upgrade the video card versus underclocking manually.
Sujin
Grab an older graphics card or borrow one.
99.9% chance you're going to find its your nvidia causing the issues here.
You'll either need to downgrade the driver (and pray), underclock the card, send it back for service, or send it back for different card.

The GTX 650 Ti seems to have a lot of problems still.
I opted for the GTX 750 Ti and the issues were gone.

Side note / edit:
The GTX 650 Ti on an i7 motherboard is the cause.
GTX 650 Ti on an i5 has no issues.

If you opt to stay with the same version of video card or do stay with the nvidia brand.
Do yourself a huge favor, go with the Gigabyte and not the MSI cards.
You'll save yourself a hell of a lot of grief.

Reaction score
I've been getting the same issues after I installed my Evga GeForce GTX 660 Ti - My system randomly turns off without warning, could possibly be a issue with the GPU? Although it's my word against everyone-elses anyway..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your post makes no sense...the OP hasn't done any "checking" yet.....and to tell someone to replace their entire computer guts without checking anything is absurd.

Mate, when you say that all games are crashed when you run them, there's problem with graphic card... Tbh i have Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT and my games are running normally... Just try to find a driver to update your graphic card....

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
To rule out the GPU go into your BIOS and change your GPU to the Intel HD4000 thats installed in your chip (assuming you did turn it off cause that could also cause a driver conflict issue) then plug your monitor into the mobo CRT or DVI plug. If you can game fine then it's your GPU itself, a driver issue, or the overclock.

Reaction score
To rule out the GPU go into your BIOS and change your GPU to the Intel HD4000 thats installed in your chip (assuming you did turn it off cause that could also cause a driver conflict issue) then plug your monitor into the mobo CRT or DVI plug. If you can game fine then it's your GPU itself, a driver issue, or the overclock.
I might try that out, it's either my GPU is off or my PSU is not powerful enough.. Since I seem to be having a problem with my GPU aswell :(: Will keep ya'll updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back