Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I need help with my computer!

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

I honestly need your help, The thing is my computer is not performing as it should with what it has. I notice it's lack of performance when i'm playing games or want to stream while playing a game.

My computer specs are as followed.

MSI Gaming x H97 Motherboard.
I7 4970K
MSI Gaming X 1080
16 gig Ram
Evo 970 250 gb ssd
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G1+ 850W ATX PSU

So what do i get when i'm playing games and such right?
Well for example when i play Fortnite or Black Desert Online.
It feels like my keyboard and mouse are delayed. I get the exact same feeling when i play overwatch and i make the 3D render above 100 so for example 150. The delay feeling is super annoying and i have no idea how to fix this with the game i play the most.

My pc wasn't like this before either and reinstalling windows doesn't help anything either.
Also my computer sometimes does this aswell and i have no idea what the cause is.
f9ca590cc2b4a263c30bb46bc3a7754c - I need help with my computer! - RaGEZONE Forums

please help, I just want my computer to work as it should.

thank you for your time and patience.
Hope to find a solution!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi Rain,

Have you checked your CPU / GPU temps? You could potentially have some overheating issues if this has only recently started occurring. You have re-installed Windows so this eliminates any rogue processes on your PC hogging your system resources / network bandwidth.

If you're experiencing input lag, which it sounds like you are from what you wrote, I'd say this is more than likely that your graphics driver settings are set to have V-sync enabled by default on the general profile. You have a 1080, so have a look in your Nvidia control panel and play about with the default profiles. In past experience myself, I have found if you set your default to best quality, the driver will raise everything to the max settings and won't optimise the settings for you.

Also, looking at your screenshot, I'm guessing you are talking about the black shadow on your icons? Check your graphics drivers are up to date as well.

Hope this helps you in some way.

Reaction score
I had a friend just go through a lot of crazy PC issues. His problem arose when his windows 10 updated to version 1803. Most people who are having issues solve their issues by rolling back to an earlier windows issue. Friend's issue was that his display drivers would completely crash when ramping above 60% GPU usage in a fullscreen game. Once he rolled back windows, his issue went away

Reaction score
I had a friend just go through a lot of crazy PC issues. His problem arose when his windows 10 updated to version 1803. Most people who are having issues solve their issues by rolling back to an earlier windows issue. Friend's issue was that his display drivers would completely crash when ramping above 60% GPU usage in a fullscreen game. Once he rolled back windows, his issue went away

I knew it, I'm trying this out right away.
Thank you for commenting cause i felt like maybe it was a windows update, I can't even share screen now aswell.

Reaction score
So i still have the same problem sadly, Upgrading to a kraken X82 didn't work either so i'm kinda stuck here :C
I can't even record games anymore without the footage spiking and so on. I never had this at all.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Oh, I had the same problem at work. Actually, not only me but at least three guys had the same problem. I’ve solved it like you all mentioned it above, but I didn’t do it by myself. I asked for help from our IT service company that we collaborate with and they did it easily. I remember that they’ve also installed a very good antivirus on our computers and, by the way, from that time we haven’t faced any related problems. If you are planning to start a business, they will be a good choice. Here you can find more details. I hope that will help you some day.

Last edited:
Back