Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

L2O Deadlock and Super-lag?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone have a clue about this (see circle)

~Nyx~ - Deadlock and Super-lag? - RaGEZONE Forums

Deadlock or superlag... when this happens, the Soul shots and items stop working then eventually server will crash

Anyone had this problem or know about it?

Thanks as always :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
it means that one of the servers freezes... It happened 2 or 3 times to me... nothing serious, just reboot =)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hum it happens to me a lot lately, wonder if my SQL driver is bad :(... I wonder maybe because I have dual procs, i need 64 bit MSSQl 2000?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
K

kkkk345

i have the same problem with cacheD process when l2npc process is initializing . . ..

Need some help with that. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you guys need to leave iobuffer at default or lower it from the 3000 setting. Don't increase it. Increasing it will cause alot of lag after a few hours of running time

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
well my pending write is high. It almost seems like it might not even matter?? even if I close server nothing seems like it was still writing. I guess the only thing that would lower the pending write thing is more RAM I guess. Hopefully now that I put iobuffer to 3000 server will not have bad lag spikes every so often every 3-5 minutes.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you have dual proxs (probably Xeon's) they are 32-bit. some people think thats 64-bit (2x32 :p) but it isn't. so you don't need the 64-bit SQL drivers unless you use 64-bit processors with an 64-bit OS.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Damien, did you tell me you were on windows 2003?

Im on windows 2000 server now.. and my server hasnt crashed since i ran it... working great..

Only problem im having is that when i load l2server.exe and pathnode loads, i get an error that it cant load , everything else loads fine and the server still runs without pathnode.bin parsed, but sometimes l2server.exe spams a pathing error in path.cp

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
my server is running fine too. I had to use memturbo though after i launched the server with 0 user limit to recover 1.5gb of ram thats what i put for. Now I can have tons of users :) without lag :)

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hm, im running on win2k3 standard, no need for any RAM cleaner. everything is going fine.
3.17GB virtual ram used
and 723MB of the 2048MB Psychical RAM used.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
nVidiaFreak said:
Hm, im running on win2k3 standard, no need for any RAM cleaner. everything is going fine.
3.17GB virtual ram used
and 723MB of the 2048MB Psychical RAM used.

full server specs and whats your iobuffer? jsut wondering. That sort of information is pretty useful.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dual Xeon 2.8ghz
2048MB RAM
Windows 2003 Standard
120GB S-ATA HD

iobuffer = 3000

with /3gb in the boot.ini.
User limit = 2500

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have no lag or RAM issues, I have 4 gigs of RAM. We had 2600 players average 1100 on low times to ovr 2000 on peaks with very little lag, however this deadlock likes to rear its ugly head. This post is from quite a while ago. Ive since got another server and am splitting it to see if that might help :/. I dont think its really a deadlock since I ran traceflags and profiler traces and they came up with nothing.

Upvote 0
Back