Apollo ~ Habbo HTML5 Base [+ CMS] - Java [NOT FINISHED] [1 YEAR OLD PROJECT]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MemberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    130Posts

Re: Apollo ~ Habbo HTML5 Base [+ CMS] - Java [NOT FINISHED] [1 YEAR OLD PROJECT]

Thanks for releasing this. I started my own client + server this week in Node.js and Angular on the client side and I think I'll take a look at this.

qqlwkia.pngnx3g816.pngwupdvig.png

MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    2,191Posts

Re: Apollo ~ Habbo HTML5 Base [+ CMS] - Java [NOT FINISHED] [1 YEAR OLD PROJECT]

Quote Originally Posted by ray boccino View Post
    thanks for releasing this. I started my own client + server this week in node.js and angular on the client side and i think i'll take a look at this.

qqlwkia.pngnx3g816.pngwupdvig.png
    wow! That is so amazing!

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    29Posts

removed
    Last edited by Pedro Almeida; 06-12-15 at 06:12 PM.

MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    Manchester, UKLocation
    4Posts

Finally someone actually made a HTML5 habbo. If someone could pick up this project that would be fucking amazing.

MemberRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    NorwayLocation
    153Posts

Neat project, and thanks for sharing it! Just wondering if the site-part of it has any requirements (like IIS, or an older PHP version - excuse my dumb ass). The server wasn't hard to get working but the site part of it is... proving to be quite the struggle.

MemberRank
    Dec 2015 Join Date
    1Posts

Cool!

Edit:
    Changed my mind, it's actually really bad. You just can't call using SVG HTML5.

Sorry but this is seriously probably the worst code I've seen since a long time.
    Last edited by Joery; 05-12-15 at 07:36 PM.

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    Behind youLocation
    16Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joery View Post
    Cool!

Edit:

Sorry but this is seriously probably the worst code I've seen since a long time.
    I agree. I've also checked the source and you can't call this an HTML5 project. Its mostly made out of <svg> elements, which already existed before HTML5. The UI is made with divs and CSS. All this stuff (UI, svg, ...) loads the DOM very much.
    Also, all the furniture is in the index.html. What is your plan when you get over thousands of furniture's?

HabboJS, an old project of Joery and me was written completely in a canvas. Everything got rendered client-side on the canvas with javascript, and only the furniture was loaded from external images.

I like how you've finished and released this project though. We didn't make it this far.

MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    Viva HollandiaLocation
    1,607Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joery View Post
    Cool!

Edit:

Would you care to share a few examples of the bad code? I'm quite curious since my knowledge of Java is 0.

Apollo ~ Habbo HTML5 Base [+ CMS] - Java [NOT FINISHED] [1 YEAR OLD PROJECT]Apollo ~ Habbo HTML5 Base [+ CMS] - Java [NOT FINISHED] [1 YEAR OLD PROJECT] pel is offline
    MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    Munich, GermanyLocation
    384Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antonn View Post
    I agree. I've also checked the source and you can't call this an HTML5 project. Its mostly made out of <svg> elements, which already existed before HTML5. The UI is made with divs and CSS. All this stuff (UI, svg, ...) loads the DOM very much.
    Also, all the furniture is in the index.html. What is your plan when you get over thousands of furniture's?

HabboJS, an old project of Joery and me was written completely in a canvas. Everything got rendered client-side on the canvas with javascript, and only the furniture was loaded from external images.

I like how you've finished and released this project though. We didn't make it this far.
    We had all in the index page cuz we were too lazy to create external files. Of course, it is stupid to have all god damn furnitures in the page. We planed to load all the items when we need them for a room, catalogue preview afterwards and cache them since they were loaded once.

The others, I dont know and I dont care.
    We know that the Java Code is not even the best, like php, but we have improved our skills in a hard way from them on.
    Johnix and I got a look in the codes yesterday and we were laughing.

So, dont criticize the code. We know its bad and we dont care about it.

MemberRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    New York, USALocation
    3,375Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iExit View Post
    We had all in the index page cuz we were too lazy to create external files. Of course, it is stupid to have all god damn furnitures in the page. We planed to load all the items when we need them for a room, catalogue preview afterwards and cache them since they were loaded once.

The others, I dont know and I dont care.
    We know that the Java Code is not even the best, like php, but we have improved our skills in a hard way from them on.
    Johnix and I got a look in the codes yesterday and we were laughing.

So, dont criticize the code. We know its bad and we dont care about it.

Everyone here will criticize. If they care so much, they can rewrite it :P

MemberRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    536Posts

Thanks! Brilliant release & clearly a lot of hard work.

P.S. thanks for the Don't stop me now track ;)

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    14Posts

high five mate. thanks for this development.

- - - Updated - - -

Any one managed to get cms running? Can't get it loading past login screen, mysql database up etc?

MemberRank
    Jun 2011 Join Date
    55Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winstanley View Post
    high five mate. thanks for this development.

- - - Updated - - -

Any one managed to get cms running? Can't get it loading past login screen, mysql database up etc?
    Considering the index of the CMS sets static username and password session variables, my guess is that it's incomplete. However, the client and other relevant files to the release are in the apolloc folder.

MemberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    17Posts

Anyone managed to get this working? I have kinda just my user avatar isn't showing up and the chat bubbles are all the way to the left, mostly unreadable

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    14Posts

I gave up on it and resulted to deleting it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Advertisement