Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
T2jxcll - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

What is Arcturus Morningstar?
Arcturus Morningstar is the community project for Arcturus Emulator by TheGeneral.
The community project was made because the Arcturus Emulator has been abandoned by TheGeneral with lack of updates, an intent to monetize the project, and make the project private.

TheGeneral's own words were "dont like it then dont use it". We did not like what he was doing, with the project, so in accordance with the GPLv3 License, we have made our own version and made the sourcecode publicly visible for all.

Why should I use Arcturus Morningstar?
This version of Arcturus is how the project should have been from the start, open source, backed by a team of developers - not just one person, and kept up to date with the latest features and bug fixes.
Anyone may contribute to the project by downloading the source, and creating pull requests through git.
We are still keeping the core values of Arcturus the same - it should be an exact Habbo replication, with a powerful Plugin API for customization.
We have already removed all exploits/potential exploits, and fixed bugs that crash the entire emulator.
All reported bugs will be replicated and prioritized and fixed according to how the ability should function on Habbo.
Because we have a team of contributors, there's plenty of people to help you if you experience problems.

Why did we start Arcturus Morningstar?

The main creators of this project run their own hotels, that need important bug fixes and the latest features to keep their hotels running smoothly.
The Arcturus source code was found on github, leaked by the person "capheus". This gave us an opportunity to easily fix major bugs ourselves without waiting months for Arcturus to update.
We understand that a lot of people depend on Arcturus to operate their hotel, so instead of just fixing bugs for ourselves we have started a public project, for anyone to use.

2.0.0 has now gone stable, meaning it has been tested on multiple hotels, and has no major issues with may impact your hotel! We've found so many interesting bugs along the way, but hey that's part of the Journey. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the project so far. Here's to 2.0.0! Time to start on 2.1.0! Remember, any minor issues, or major bugs will be pushed in a future 2.0.1 update, but new features will have to wait! Game of thrones may be finished, but winter is coming to Morningstar!

Changelog 1.16.0 to 2.0.0:
[NEW FEATURES]
- Horses
- Group Forums - Entire rewrite from Beny!
- Game Wired
- Made :update_config now update the currency amount in the auto schedulers for currency.
- Build Hashes. These hashes are the MD5 Hash used for us to determine which version of Morningstar you are using, please note only the publically
released jars and hashes are useful, if you compiled it yourself you must report and replicate the bug using a compiled jar from releases.
- Plugins Window style configurable to alert_motd using `commands.plugins.oldstyle` option.
- Build Hash is now visible on the console by typing info.
- Emulator errors now save and show your build hash and version number when it logs to database.
- Scripter Manager
- Subscription Boxes (HC Boxes, uses the crackables table for the information such as the days duration, and the type (hc or bc), the interaction type is: `crackable_subscription_box`)
- Tile Filling in Battle Banzai
- Information Terminal
- LTD Configuration catalog.ltd.random -> Set LTD's to not be 'random' as a config option.

[EVENTS AND API]
- SupportUserAlertedEvent added.
- UserRespectedEvent added
- HabboAddedToRoomEvent added

[FIXES]
- Fixed wired exploit that can crash hotels.
- Fixed points achieved trigger wired. Now triggers the user that won the points, so works with teleport wired.
- Fixed Interaction Game Timer. Can now be triggered by any habbo who interacts with a tile under the User Walks On wired.
- Fixed Marketplace. Now buys the cheapest item not the most expensive.
- Fixed the blackscreen bug for new users who go to hotel view.
- Fixed Wired effect chase, which now returns furniture to its original height if it goes on top of another furniture.
- Fixed Bot Talk wired cool down.
- Fixed Bot Height when placed on higher room tiles and chairs
- Fixed Bots floating on chairs if you move them or unload the room
- Fixed Points Command showing a double bubblealert
- Fixed Bartender Bots. They will now give drinks over bars
- Made WiredEffectTeleport keep the previous enable (LIKE HABBO) when the sparkle effect is over
- Fixed WiredEffectMoveFurniTowards. Works exactly like Habbo.com now.
- Fixed Pets being picked up when you leave the room.
- Can no longer use lay, sit, or fastwalk while riding a horse.
- Fixed being able to walk through bots or pets.
- Game Timers have been fixed to work exactly like habbo.
- Prevented pet training while riding a pet.
- Pets now walk to a habbo when riding is initiated
- Teleporters now always send you to the correct location (not the door)
- Double clicking the teleporter now makes you walk up to it.
- Pathfinder Improvements
- Various Game fixes within Habbo Games such as Banzai and Freeze.
- Fixed Update Petdata Command.
- Fixed various NullPointers.
- Pushed command fixes for when you are riding a pet
- Removed the generals callback code to arcturus.pw
- Fixed Teleporters causing a client crash if you pick one up before teleportation has completed.
- Fixed hotel.room.rollers.norules, now allows you to place rollers on tiles again if this is enabled.
- Fixed Magictile placement onto non-stackable furniture when it's placed from your inventory.
- Many other teleporter related fixes.
- Pathfinder Related Performance Fixes
- Fixed Guild Rights
- Guild Purchase restrictions added, checks for HC Required etc.
- One Way Gates work exactly like habbo
- Bots now rotate if you rotate furniture
- Rollers now roll bots and pets.
- Update User RCON 'look attribute' is now fixed
- Fixed Rank Badges disappearing on reload
- Navigator searching now shows in one category 'text search' instead of multiple categories.
- NullPointerException fixed in InteractionGameGate
- Build hash is in the console to allow testers to know which version of the compiled jar they are reporting bugs for.
- Fixed Beds on Rotate
- Fixed Banzai Points
- Fixed Issue with non-standard objects being used with toggle furni effect.
- Fixed potential issue in RoomTile removeUnit
- ButlerBot improvements
- Fix NullPointerException in InteractionSwitch
- Fix NullPointerException in RemoveFloorItemTask
- Fix NullPointerException in Room getStackHeight
- Fix NullPointerException in InteractionFreezeBlock
- Fix NullPointerException in WiredEffectMoveFurniTowards
- Fix NullPointerException in WiredEffectTeleport
- Fix NullPointerException in RedeemableSubscriptionType
- Fix NullPointerException in WiredHandler
- Fix NullPointerException in InteractionPressurePlate
- Fix chairs on the doortile causing you to be at the incorrect zheight on room load.
- Fix NullPointerException when Rank does not exist
- Fixed WiredConditionNotMatchStatePosition
- Fixed teleport and OneWayGate able to make you leave the room, added canLeaveRoomByDoor to RoomUnit
- Fixed Guild Badge not showing when favourite is changed
- Fixed Crackable becoming walkable when exploded
- Fix wrong height when rolling onto a seat.
- Added the 'roller glitch' which replicates a glitch in habbo, which many people have requested.
- Fixed the invisible command in certain cases.
- Made the Invisible command toggleable
- Fixed issue with the roller 'glitch' if setspeed is set to 0 on rollers.
- Fix catalog discounts, and made them configurable from the database
- Do not fill banzai tiles if a foreign locked tile exists
- Fix unseen item count not appearing in inventory
- Fixed Marketplace Searching
- Fixed a bug where foreign locales would prevent the emulator loading
- Removed camera callbacks
- Fixed major SSO Exploit
- Fixed minor issue with teleport tiles

Screenshots:
QmRat1u - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

liAhx0k - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

cPn19Vt - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

j2IZXEe - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

Mu8jUhp - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

NrS5DPb - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

LrLXWGU - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

Jr9YiF6 - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

sNnOiar - Arcturus Morningstar - 2.0.0 Stable - The Arcturus Community Fork - RaGEZONE Forums

Thankyou to the following people:

Kitt Mustang
Pietro Giuseppe D'Amico
Jesús Hernández
Robson Nascimento
Michaeldavid
ynniV
Hackerman
Lucas Gundelach
Begin
SenpaiDipper
Ridge

As always, Credits to Beny, John, Alejandro, Harmony and all bug testers and people who've helped above... and last but certainly not least TheGeneral.

Cheers for Arcturus.

Download link for 2.0.0 Stable:

Download link for the gamecenter plugin:

Download link for Arcturus Extended:

A new version of PNGCamera will be released today for you all, and a new tutorial on setting up Morningstar!

Any questions? Feel free to post them and I'll try to help you as best as I can!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
PNGCamera? What was that (again)?

Also, good release I guess. Still have honest mix feeling about this whole situation but I trust you do something nice with it, and not letting it become another horror "community" project (if we can even really call it like that).

I'm not sure how Arcturus really worked (I didn't use it much and when I did I was more focused on other things), but I assume you done a decent amount. It looks good anyways.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Arcturus is how the project should have been from the start, open source, backed by a team of developers - not just one person

The ironic thing about this statement is that without that one person, the project wouldn't exist in the first place and none of what you individuals are doing would exist. You would all be waiting for the next big thing to be released in this community, to just rip it apart and screw over the initial developer. No wonder no developer wants to help rebuild this community :lol:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

The ironic thing about this statement is that without that one person, the project wouldn't exist in the first place and none of what you individuals are doing would exist. You would all be waiting for the next big thing to be released in this community, to just rip it apart and screw over the initial developer. No wonder no developer wants to help rebuild this community :lol:

This scene was made on leaks, and if you've been around since 2007 you'd know that the first v1 emulator that people used 'mdk v1' wasn't even made by mdk...

It was leaked by him. Noticed you haven't commented this on the comet leak, and it's the exact same thing. Creating a closed source emulator with paid updates isn't going to 'change' this scene.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
PNGCamera? What was that (again)?
The plugin which allows you to take camera pictures without a server rendering the room.
The client sends the picture as a PNG instead.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So the unofficial way of doing camera? Why do that instead of the original method?
Originally it creates a json file, which renders everything in the picture. That way it's lets scriptable.

Reaction score
You mean the PNGCamera method is less scriptable? But does it work the rest of the camera (from a player's POV) work the same?
I think he meant the original implementation is less susceptible to scripting. Personally, I think that simplifying things at the cost of a few penises or other hotel logos in a picture is a lot better way to go. People will always spend way too many hours trying to script things and over complicating a simple camera to fight scripting would lead to more tech debt in the long run.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think he meant the original implementation is less susceptible to scripting. Personally, I think that simplifying things at the cost of a few penises or other hotel logos in a picture is a lot better way to go. People will always spend way too many hours trying to script things and over complicating a simple camera to fight scripting would lead to more tech debt in the long run.

Personally i have no idea how to script. I believe the png camera is easier to script than the json (NGH has claimed their camera isn't scriptable i believe, and they use json) but i agree with LeChris on the topic, as adding furni etc to the camera is hard on json files, aswell as they rely on ids from the DB aswell, where the png picture is final.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@LeChris & JoshuaS I can see where you are coming from. I mean, as long as it doesn't change anything from the user's POV, it's okay. Although - and I know this doesn't happen much - would you want a hotel full of potentially scripted NSFW photo's knowing there could be younger people on it? Again, I understand where you are coming from, but I'd say, always do the best you can to make the environment as safe as possible (and as least scriptable as possible). Again, that's just how I see it and whatever happens, I'll respect it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@LeChris & @JoshuaS I can see where you are coming from. I mean, as long as it doesn't change anything from the user's POV, it's okay. Although - and I know this doesn't happen much - would you want a hotel full of potentially scripted NSFW photo's knowing there could be younger people on it? Again, I understand where you are coming from, but I'd say, always do the best you can to make the environment as safe as possible (and as least scriptable as possible). Again, that's just how I see it and whatever happens, I'll respect it.
That's true, and it does change other users POV, but i don't think a lot of people do it anymore, and those who know how to, have better things to do today.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wesleys own camera is scriptable too... And he doesn't know how to fix that, as unfortunately you can also script on habbo using the same method. They're both as bad as each other, the difference is you can remove the limit on items in the photo in pngcamera if you modify the swf.

Just for reference, habboon also uses the png method for their camera.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@LeChris & @JoshuaS I can see where you are coming from. I mean, as long as it doesn't change anything from the user's POV, it's okay. Although - and I know this doesn't happen much - would you want a hotel full of potentially scripted NSFW photo's knowing there could be younger people on it? Again, I understand where you are coming from, but I'd say, always do the best you can to make the environment as safe as possible (and as least scriptable as possible). Again, that's just how I see it and whatever happens, I'll respect it.
I think it's unfair to place blame onto the developer's to over-complicate features due to younger user bases. We should instead as a society look down on the scripters, especially for exposing younger generations to NSFW pictures.

But, as apart of the internet - NSFW stuff lurks around every corner and almost every retro has horrible problems with keeping stuff SFW. Now say, if this was a script that could compromise security, open up to XSS and so forth - it would be worth the extra effort to prevent. But it's just seeing a titty when really you took a picture of a throne.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am using Morningstar since it came out, and its great.
The overall Support and the Work that is being made to the Git daily are awesome.
I can only recommend this Emulator to everyone who wants a up-to-date Emulator.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cheers. 2.1.0 RC-1 Will be released soon, here's the changelog so far:

[NEW FEATURES]
- New Achievements Coded, see Achievement Updates for more Information
- Pets can now swim
- Saved Searches in the navigator

[ACHIEVEMENT UPDATES]
- Added MusicPlayer Achievement
- Added RoomDecoFurniTypeCount Achievement
- Added Guild Forum Moderation Achievements
- Added Game Related Achievements
- Added Ice Tag Achievements
- Added Bunny Tag Achievements

[FIXES]
- Optimization on Wired Teleport
- Reset state on creation for special interactions
- Fix Banzai game not ending on all tiles locked
- Fix Timers running twice
- Added walking onto InteractionInformationTerminal
- Fixed Deleting photos
- Removed unnecessary NuxAlertComposer from InteractionInformationTerminal (is done clientside)
- Added animation delay to WiredEffectTeleport
- Fixed all users able to modify guild furniture states
- Make Battle Banzai Teleports work like habbo
- Remove dancing status when walking onto a bed or chair
- Unidle users when WIRED:Show Message is triggered
- Remove user rights when a group is created in the room
- Fixed wrong guild furni extradata
- Added unidle when clicked to walk to any spot
- Send correct amount of pending group members
- Fix Pet stay command, pets now only 'stay' for 120 seconds.
- Added GiveUserClothing RCON command
- Fixed Pet ActionPlayFootball
- Added missing Statuses to RoomUnitStatus
- Fixed users walking to the correct tile on beds
- Fixed MySQLDataTruncation in HabboItem
= Fixed bots waving while greeting a user
- Made users not 'unidle' when turning
- Fixed saving room settings with password locked Rooms
- Added my friends category to my world in navigator
- Make Popular groups show in 'top hotel' Rooms
- Fixed Pet Scratch to give happiness instead of experience
- Fixed pages on group members
- Fix 'navigator loading' after deleting a room with it open
- Fix Bot naming
- Prevent 'too big' z positions

[OTHER]
- Updated Netty. Fixes "event executor terminated" error
- Major refactoring of the sourcecode.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Personally i have no idea how to script. I believe the png camera is easier to script than the json (NGH has claimed their camera isn't scriptable i believe, and they use json) but i agree with @LeChris on the topic, as adding furni etc to the camera is hard on json files, aswell as they rely on ids from the DB aswell, where the png picture is final.
I hope y'all really understands how the original Habbo camera works. So well, let's go on over this, and let uncle Claudio explain how the camera system works.

Basically in the moment you take the "Selfie" the Habbo Client sends a packet containing a jSON. This jSON basically describes all the assets that together create the final image. The jSON will contain information of each sprite, including position (X, Y, Z), colours, wallpapers, Habbo's, and etc.

Working with the jSON generation, it's more secure, since it totally makes scripting impossible, in the meaning of defacing and adding unintentional or not related content. Of course, you can change the pieces of the jSON to make a custom image, but that's it. And that's not an exploit, you're just sending different arguments toe the script.

The script works in the following way:
1. The jSON contains the Room Id, Timestamp and User Id
2. The jSON also contains information of all the sprites and their positions and variations.
3. The image is generated by combining all those pieces.
4. An image is saved by using the combination of the Timestamp and Room Id.
5. The Script returns to the Server the final file name.

Why this method is harder to make it succeed? Like everything, you had to reverse engineering Habbo's Camera Server, by making different combinations of the jSON.

Also you would have to extract all the assets from the Habbo.swf and the hof_furni folder. Also you had to extract them in a very specific file naming.

So, basically that's a hell of a work. It's literally more easier modding the Habbo.swf to send in the packet a PNG/JPEG stream containing the final result. And the reason is obvious, security. By allowing to the Emulator/Server to receive any kind of PNG/JPEG chunk/stream in the Packet, you're able to literally send any kind of image. It's basically impossible to do filtering or validation on these scenarios. Of course, I'm not giving the possibility that you would add some TensorFlow libraries and add some MachineLearning and Image pattern recognition on your Emulator, because, well. That's using Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer) on a little ant.

So that's why Habbo created this way. The jSON one. As far I remember I was the only one that actually created a successful implementation of it. But if I recall correctly, Wesley also created his own Habbo Camera Server in Java, for Arcturus. He never shared. But his implementation was literally amazing. Since he could use the advantages of Java Image manipulation libraries.

On my side, I was doing it with PHPs builtin image manipulation libraries, that suck. Since I wanted to make an easy library that anyone could use. If I added Imagick for example as a requisite, almost no one would have used that script. Since it requires custom installation and PHP library installation.

Sorry for the big off-topic. Here's an invisible potato.

About this release. Great work for the team. I hope the project goes on indefinitely and brings back the nostalgia of collaboration and open source.

TL;DR: PNGCamera it's not a good thing. But still a lot more easier.

Back