Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

AsteroidApp - Flash Browser Source for Habbo (MacOS/Windows 7/8/10 x32/x64)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

Since Flash will stop soon I've decided to release this electron application to make sure people can still play your retro until the HTML5/Unity Client is fully working. This works for Windows 7/8/10 32/64bits & MacOS.

Source:

Screens:

Credits:
Leet Asteroid, SD & Electron

How to install?

1. Download NodeJS:
  2. Open Command Prompt and make sure you are in the same location as the AsteroidApp.
  3. Install the dependencies by execute the command: npm install
  4. Make sure the file package.json is set up as desired.
    • productName = Hotel name
    • appId = nl.hotelname.appname (also in Main.js!)
  5. Open the configuration file config.env and put your link here like this:
    URL =
    SHORT_URL = habbo.com
  6. Translate/edit the file views/home.html
  7. Open Command Prompt again and execute the command: npm start
  8. Yay congrats! Your app should be up and running. If everything is okay you can make it a .exe or a .dmg
  9. Open Command Prompt again and execute one of these commands:
    • npm run windows - For Windows
    • npm run mac - For Mac
  10. Yay! your app is ready for publishing! Go to the folder dist and your .exe / .dmg should be there!
Help! I get a Windows/Mac untrusted/virus/defender warning!

Depending on your/your players security settings you may receive a message warning you that the application is from an unknown (untrusted) publisher.
Windows instructions:
MacOS instructions:
You must purchase a Windows and / or Mac signing certificate to avoid a warning message.
How to sign the application for Mac?

1. Find in package.json:
    "extraResources": [
    {
    "from": "./plugins/",
    "to": "../plugins"
    }
    ],
  2. Replace with:
    "files": "!src/SignHook.js",
    "extraResources": [
    {
    "from": "./plugins/",
    "to": "../plugins"
    }
    ],
    "afterSign": "src/SignHook.js",
  3. Open src/SignHook.js and change the appleId/appleIdPassword to yours.
    appleId: 'myemail@gmail.com',
    appleIdPassword: '123-321-ab23-m4d',
  4. Open Command Prompt again and execute the command: npm run mac
It can take some minutes because this will notarize and create the application.
How to sign the Application for Windows?

Actually, a Windows signing certificate is not necessary as long as people 'allow the app' to run. It builds an 'app reputation' which means the warning messages will disappear in a few days / months. Since most people don't pay $ 700 + / - for a Windows signing certificate, I won't include a tutorial for this, but a cheaper solution would be to publish the application in the Windows App Store. If anyone is interested in this, you can always contact me for help.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems like Leet has the button to clear the cache, can you add this too in the repo?

www.Epic Hosts.co.uk
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this, works great! Is there a way to compile the Mac version from a Windows machine? I do not have a Mac but still want to provide the client for Mac users.

What would also be great is if there was a way to change the URL it loads without needing to re-compile each time (maybe through a config file instead of having it hardcoded).

Seems like Leet has the button to clear the cache, can you add this too in the repo?
I think the cache is cleared each time you close the software anyway, unless it is stored somewhere I am not aware of.

Last edited:
Back