Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Bobba.io serverside Avatarimager

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

I've tried to extract the AvatarImager part from the Bobba.io project to use it with NodeJS for serverside rendering as it's already working via browser.

There you go:

Everything you need to do:
- Download assets and serve them on your own server
- Download Imager
- In the Imager directory type: "npm install" and after it's done, "node index.js"

You can reach the Imager on: http://127.0.0.1:3000/?figure=.....
Change the Port if you need to.

---

Currently assets are provided by http://images.bobba.io/resource/
Relevance gave us all assets to setup his project by ourselves:

Change line 770 in index.js

AvatarImager.LOCAL_RESOURCES_URL = "http://images.bobba.io/resource/";

to your Resource path.

All credits to Tsuka & Relevance.
Thanks for your work!

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice!

Btw credit also goes to Tsuka, I borrowed some code from him :laugh:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why server and not in php? like normal habbo and tsuka avatar image... why server...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why server and not in php? like normal habbo and tsuka avatar image... why server...
Did you jsut with all seriousness ask why this was written in a server-sided language and not a server-sided language?

While I don't support the fact of rendering the avatars on the server, it should be very clear why this was written in anything but PHP.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why? There is many benefits to doing this..

Of course somebody with a snapchat filter as a profile picture would think that.

I also made a library called avatarify a while ago.

It is using mutation observer to automatically render avatars based on avatar attributes when you insert it into the DOM. And it also keeps track of attribute changes.

The benefit of avatarify is, that you don't have to take care about links and all of it. Just configure the library and change the way you place avatars on your page.

If you want it, I'll release the library too. Because I don't have any project to use it atm. And I feel bad when it's just laying there and abandon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also made a library called avatarify a while ago.

It is using mutation observer to automatically render avatars based on avatar attributes when you insert it into the DOM. And it also keeps track of attribute changes.

The benefit of avatarify is, that you don't have to take care about links and all of it. Just configure the library and change the way you place avatars on your page.

If you want it, I'll release the library too. Because I don't have any project to use it atm. And I feel bad when it's just laying there and abandon.

Personally, I wouldn't get much use out of that over this here. All of my projects that utilize Avatar images are fully coded already and it would be a waste of time to switch it all. It would be worth releasing anyway though, who knows who might get use out of it. If nobody uses it now, they may in a years time. I'm forever trying to find things that were released years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back