Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Comet [Java, Netty / PHP, RainTPL, MeekroDB]

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: CometCMS [RainTPL / MeekroDB]

The design looks alright. Housekeeping seems a bit plain but most users won't see that so doesn't really bother me much.

I don't use Comet so this won't be used by me. Thanks for the release anyway though

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score

I like how the only response so far is "cool but I don't use Comet"

Why not just use Comet-Web? It works, it's not perfect but it's a functional CMS and it's built on a secure platform/framework.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

iknow this is not maybe a help thread but how to get the captcha thing to works, i have changed the keys for the captcha and so, even if i do it correct it says *fill out the secret code* = the captcha thing? ( the register page ) Dutchground

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

.htaccess? Nope...

iknow this is not maybe a help thread but how to get the captcha thing to works, i have changed the keys for the captcha and so, even if i do it correct it says *fill out the secret code* = the captcha thing? ( the register page ) @Dutchground

Exactly same problem here!

iknow this is not maybe a help thread but how to get the captcha thing to works, i have changed the keys for the captcha and so, even if i do it correct it says *fill out the secret code* = the captcha thing? ( the register page ) @Dutchground

Exactly same problem here!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Could you please fix the security thing? Or give me your whole wwwroot? :3 (because it works for you)?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I will take a look.

Anyone who is interested in Comet Server (the source of the .JAR which is included in the CMS)

Comet Source
(This is the same version as the release of Quackster (Comet 1.11.1) the 2.0.0 is a joke)

SWFs

You have to put the c_images & library folder into your CometCMS.

Make sure you replace the links: with

Replace the links in:
app/comet.properties.php
library/gamedata/external_variables.txt
library/gamedata/override/external_variables.txt

Any problems/questions? Post it here http://forum.ragezone.com/f333/

Bye bye :sleep:

Download link updated (register bug fixed?)
Thank you for fixing, I will test it now and report that it works or not.

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score

Comet-Web is functional but have some issues. But luf for teh Spark
Fair enough. PHP is spewing a ton of unset variable notices btw, any idea what's up with that?

Here's a .htaccess for any of our Apache brethren, should work fine, tested locally and on a prod server - screw IIS: (doesn't include the error page redirection... do that yourself I guess, I forget how xD)

------------

Some more updates, fixed the news articles on the homepage so it no longer scrolls to a blank article on /me.

Replace me.php with:
Replace themes/asteroid/widgets/news.html with:

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

How to use this Emulator on Linux?..
Java is installed. i use Currently the f*** arcturus Emulator..

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score
This is what I did earlier, but this will duck up the news slide since 'display:none' has to be added. Anyway thanks for the .htaccess, thread is updated.

It shouldn't break the CSS? Unless I misread some of the code. I'll try it later, only tested it with one article, not three.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the emu dont get a connection if client load it stay 76%

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score
the emu dont get a connection if client load it stay 76%

That's a problem with the code setting the SSO ticket for the client and in the database. Not totally sure why but it was happening to me too. I'll post a fix once I do it properly, it's still sorta broken on my copy. Works, but it doesn't work correctly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's a problem with the code setting the SSO ticket for the client and in the database. Not totally sure why but it was happening to me too. I'll post a fix once I do it properly, it's still sorta broken on my copy. Works, but it doesn't work correctly.

oke thankyou maby can Dutchground post full fix here

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score

Go duck yourself, hoe. IIS is the best webserver I eveeeeeer used. :love:

Wait, really? Why? Even Microsoft is trying to kill it lol, ASP.NET Core doesn't use IIS anymore. IIS isn't too bad but you really have no business running this on Windows.

Granted Apache isn't great either. I usually use nginx but I haven't gotten around to setting up a conf for this yet.

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score
Ofcourse 'it works', but the reason that I didn't do it that way is because of this:

I couldn't find a way to do this, that's why I did it like this. The first article which show up should not have 'display:none', but the 2th and 3th should be. If you know a solution let me know.

Ahhh. I should be able to fix that in the template with a counter, I think. I'll try it in a bit.

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score
I hope you noticed the hate list? However I will remove you in the next upload since you're trying to fix my mess =P Sorry for the hate.

Haha that's okay, the hate was mutual. Just figured I'd give this a chance since a few of the big foreign hotels are working with it. Glad we can squash that drama though xD

Just sent you a PM about the connection issues that guy's having. I'm stoned and AFK, can't fix it right now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was hoping for something better. Badly programming thought out....
Not necessary

This is an annoyance for "your friends" to speak the truth.

CometCMS?? I remeber CometCMS is in java, and hebbo has used uHabbo, but now using own cms..
Using MeekroDB? ReallY!!!? I was expected more from this cms...

Let's go to template system... Hm... I see RainTPL? Wow #@$@#, much COPY and PASTE HERE!!!

Whoever programmed this is a child.

Last edited:
Back