Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Comet Server (Old version - June 2014) [Java]

Status
Not open for further replies.
topkek amirite??
Reaction score
Hey, seeing as people can't be trusted I thought I would release this version of Comet before it's released by someone else here.

It's from June 2014 so don't expect anything awesome other than the ability to host a huge amount of players, of course. Most of the code is fairly crappy, tonnes of bugs and not many features. I would use Crowley over this as a base for something.

Screenshots:
62a6c0d39505b59f52ff215bbc760d18 - Comet Server (Old version - June 2014)  [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

fb6c0a90a1d1d255c70da7907c2b48f5 - Comet Server (Old version - June 2014)  [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

In-game screens not avaliable, as it's an old build.
To be clear: I am no longer working on this project, I will not provide support regarding anything Habbo/Comet related. It is released as-is.

Thanks,
Leon.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
On topic: Nice release, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Nice, probably the first decent release on here in a long time.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Would be nice if there was such thing as a preview for this cool release! Thanks for it anyway!

Ragezone Furni Releaser
Reaction score
Thanks for releasing. Maby someone will take over the project.

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score
And Butterfly out of uber. :(

It's about time for a ground-up in my opinion. By someone who actually understands databases and thread safety.

We can go even deeper than that, but I wouldn't consider bfly to be a bad project compared to Uber regardless.
Back on topic:
Just gone through some of the code, it looks like the project consists of 34k lines of code.
Looking at how Netty is implemented makes me smell that microwave lasagna I was eating last fall when I was playing around with Netty last fall :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back