Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

HabApp - Habbo Desktop Client Base (Electron, Angular7 & TypeScript)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys,
today I'm gonna release my Habbo "Desktop Client" made in Electron using Angular7.

There is not much to say.

Things that are done so far:

• API
  • Login
  • Client
  • JWT Middleware
  • Discord Rich Presence

Using:

• Angular7 (frontend)
  • Sequelize (Sequelize-Typescript)
  • Express
  • node http
  • passport
  • passport-jwt
  • cors (not configured yet)

Preview:
Kylon - HabApp - Habbo Desktop Client Base (Electron, Angular7 & TypeScript) - RaGEZONE Forums
VZ7EGtq - HabApp - Habbo Desktop Client Base (Electron, Angular7 & TypeScript) - RaGEZONE Forums

oNKPDSd - HabApp - Habbo Desktop Client Base (Electron, Angular7 & TypeScript) - RaGEZONE Forums

App:
API:

there will be no support from my side. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
thx x)

#edit

use this only for development purposes - you may must change few things for production

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So this is a base for HTML5 client sorta? It looks really cool :) I'll check it out soon
Not rly, it's for flash clients as well. Its a flash client.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So...

you practically just ported a web browser into an application with a meh design just to... do exactly everything a modern (or even old for that sake) browser can do? I doubt anyone would be willing to download a "client" just for your retro.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So...

you practically just ported a web browser into an application with a meh design just to... do exactly everything a modern (or even old for that sake) browser can do? I doubt anyone would be willing to download a "client" just for your retro.

I basically tried to recode the Habbo mobile app design and don't finished it. It's a base for people who know what they're doing.
btw. - thats the answer to your question. .)

So this is a base for HTML5 client sorta? It looks really cool :) I'll check it out soon
Not really. It's a base for flash clients.

pel

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I basically tried to recode the Habbo mobile app design and don't finished it. It's a base for people who know what they're doing.
People that do know what they're doing don't require a simple base like this.
Thanks for the effort tho

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
btw. - thats the answer to your question. .)
It would've been one thing to make a global client that retro owners could add their servers to and allow users to connect to said retro from a list such as findretros.com, whereas this client would provide flash support. However, making it singlehandedly for a single retro won't ever work, you can advertise it how much you want, yet, perhaps only 1 out of 10 would actually try it out, which limits the popularity of your server even more.

Bad marketting.

Edit:

I can't find anything that says flash will continue to be supported by that, so... this is less practical than you thought. It's useless.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It would've been one thing to make a global client that retro owners could add their servers to and allow users to connect to said retro from a list such as findretros.com, whereas this client would provide flash support. However, making it singlehandedly for a single retro won't ever work, you can advertise it how much you want, yet, perhaps only 1 out of 10 would actually try it out, which limits the popularity of your server even more.

Bad marketting.

Edit:

I can't find anything that says flash will continue to be supported by that, so... this is less practical than you thought. It's useless.

I don't get you point. Use it or don't use it, nothing here is useless. I saw enough hotels who're trying to make a desktop client.

You're talking about marketting while I released it. Whats wrong with you. lmao.

btw. "However, making it singlehandedly for a single retro won't ever work, you can advertise it how much you want, yet, perhaps only 1 out of 10 would actually try it out, which limits the popularity of your server even more."
J1V7byU - HabApp - Habbo Desktop Client Base (Electron, Angular7 & TypeScript) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't get you point. Use it or don't use it, nothing here is useless. I saw enough hotels who're trying to make a desktop client.

You're talking about marketting while I released it. Whats wrong with you. lmao.

btw. "However, making it singlehandedly for a single retro won't ever work, you can advertise it how much you want, yet, perhaps only 1 out of 10 would actually try it out, which limits the popularity of your server even more."
J1V7byU - HabApp - Habbo Desktop Client Base (Electron, Angular7 & TypeScript) - RaGEZONE Forums

So there's something wrong with me to expressing valid opinions about your useless release?

I don't get what you're trying to forward with that screenshot. That's a retro that's allegedly gonna release a desktop client. So what? It isn't released yet, we haven't got any stats from before and after the web browser to standalone launcher release.

Attachments

Reaction score
So there's something wrong with me to expressing valid opinions about your useless release?

I don't get what you're trying to forward with that screenshot. That's a retro that's allegedly gonna release a desktop client. So what? It isn't released yet, we haven't got any stats from before and after the web browser to standalone launcher release.
Desktop client's won't ever succeed because barrier to entry is so high. It requires you to physically download this executable file from a retro owner who has a high chance of not only tracking your IP, location but could also try to spread malware into your computer.

If hotel owners refuse to upgrade to HTML5, they can enjoy their .5 user daily hotel.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
When i run i need to go to my Chrome and open client link. How i can package or publish to a exe?? I was trying with electron-forge but no luck. Can u do a small guide please?

Thanks. Looks fine.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
When i run i need to go to my Chrome and open client link. How i can package or publish to a exe?? I was trying with electron-forge but no luck. Can u do a small guide please?

Thanks. Looks fine.

Open command prompt, make sure you have the last version of nodejs and then go to your habapp folder using : cd / , and type : npm start

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Desktop client's won't ever succeed because barrier to entry is so high. It requires you to physically download this executable file from a retro owner who has a high chance of not only tracking your IP, location but could also try to spread malware into your computer.

If hotel owners refuse to upgrade to HTML5, they can enjoy their .5 user daily hotel.

There's no HTML5 client which is working 100%. :)

As I said, use it or don't use it. I don't care if is useless. I literally spent only 1 1/2 hour for that, so please leave me alone with your bs.

Reaction score
There's no HTML5 client which is working 100%. :)

As I said, use it or don't use it. I don't care if is useless. I literally spent only 1 1/2 hour for that, so please leave me alone with your bs.
There's no HTML5 client working 100% just like there's no emulator working 100%. This community is built on 40% releases, not 50, 60 or 80. 40%. The most well known emulators barely have achievements working, none of them have the mini games working by default, let's not even try to acknowledge wired which may or may not work just at the cost of a memory leak decimating your 2 user daily hotel.

Community can upgrade to HTML5 or die. Nobody wants to download some shenanigans, especially built on Electron which requires a 50 terabyte computer for a 1mb angular project

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's no HTML5 client working 100% just like there's no emulator working 100%. This community is built on 40% releases, not 50, 60 or 80. 40%. The most well known emulators barely have achievements working, none of them have the mini games working by default, let's not even try to acknowledge wired which may or may not work just at the cost of a memory leak decimating your 2 user daily hotel.

Community can upgrade to HTML5 or die. Nobody wants to download some shenanigans, especially built on Electron which requires a 50 terabyte computer for a 1mb angular project

It’s really funny to see how one person speaks for everyone. If you want talk / discuss about how useful this is, then you should rather open a new thread instead of spamming mine. Thanks a lot!

pel

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

I'd like to see your research that ended up making you so confident about those 40%.

Back