Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Habbo Trax Creator V9

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
~~Habbo Trax Creator V9~~

This is a complete remake/ rewrite of the older versions which i created in gamemaker. This new version is created in C++.
This was mainly a learning experience for me.
Basically, the old version was pretty bad when i looked back at it, so i decided to make a much better, smoother, faster, easier and less buggy version.

Some of the features:
  • Saving music to the .bix format, not a very useful format outside of this program, however it can be used in oldschool servers (such as Debbo V3.5 and similar ones)
  • Using all 72 tracks sets at the same time (Instead of only 4, which is the normal limitation), due to this, the program has to load all of the sounds into memory, which gives the program a high(ish) memory requirement (~600MB)
  • Saving the music as a wav file, this feature took a long time to create, in the old version this was done in a hacky way, now it is inbuilt inside the program, and it works much much faster without creating any excess files, and without the need for excess libraries.
  • The old version could not play the same sound twice at the same time, this can play it as many times as you want.
  • Upgraded interface compared to old versions, look a lot neater, and closer to the actual trax machine.
  • A lot less buggy than the old versions.
  • Hardly any loading time (Due to gamemaker limitations, the program had to have a loading screen, now it opens immediatly, sound still load over the course of a few minutes~)
  • Joint sounds (Graphical): In the old versions, sound didn't have joints, so it was hard to tell where a sound started and ended, now i've added this, it looks a lot neater.

Updates:
V9.1:
  • Expanded trax selection from 648 to 731 (Ripped from habbo.com, although i don't know the names of the sets, so they are named "unknown set #1" through to "unknown set #10") Some of the new sounds are 8 blocks long. Due to this, around 100MB has been added to the RAM requirements.
  • The program allows trax sets that have less than 9 samples (the last set)
  • More error checking, if a sound doesn't exist, the program will still run fine.
  • Slight code cleaning/ optimization.
  • Decreased the timing for the next sound to play, this hopefully will decrease pauses in the music. (Saving as MP3 is still perfect)

Download: (V9.1)

Controls:
  • Left click buttons (Buttons activate when you release the left click), and to select and place sounds.
  • Right click on sounds that are already placed in order to remove them.
  • Holding CTRL while clicking the left or right mouse button will cause the button to be continually pressed, this allows you to drag over an area to place lots of the same sound, or delete lots of sounds without having to click so many times.
  • The button that looks like a note, is the one that saves as .wav files, the rest should be self explanatory.

Requirements:
  • Windows OS (Tested only on windows 8.1)
  • ~900MB of free RAM if you're saving .WAV files, ~700MB if you're not using that feature. (The feature that saves .WAV files eats up lots of RAM to make it as fast as possible. This requirement is only temporary, and the RAM goes back down after it has saved)
  • Not many other requirements, probably want around 100MB of HDD space, could survive off less. Doesn't use much VRAM, i tried to measure it, and it seemed like ~10mb. You obviously need a soundcard. Almost any processor should do fine.

Notes:
  • Recording programs such as fraps can cause the program to crash, especially after closing fraps. This is due to how they hack themselves into the application.
  • Loading a .BIX file, when the required sounds have not loaded yet, may make the program unresponsive until these sounds have been loaded. To speed this up, the program gives those sounds priority. Depending on the speed of your harddrive, this may not be noticable.
  • Pressing on a sound that has not loaded, will give it priority to load, which should cause it to load straight away.

How to run these songs with an oldschool emulator: (Only tested with debbo V3.5)
  • Step 1) Create a song in the "Habbo Trax Creator"
  • Step 2) Press the save button, but do not click ok yet.
  • Step 3) Navigate to your Debbo V3.5 server folder.
  • Step 4) Open the 'database' folder, and then the 'privaterooms' folder.
  • Step 5) Find your RoomID (I believe it tells you what the ID is on the client before you enter your room) and open the folder the corresponds to the ID.
  • Step 6) Name the song 'audio' before pressing ok and saving.
  • Step 7) You're done, enter the game and turn on your traxmachine, although you should note that, because of the way Debbo V3.5 only allows 4 tracks sets, and set in the song that is not one of those four, will appear invisible, but it will still load and play given enough time.

When saving as a WAV file, note:
  • The output file probably wont exceed ~40MB, as you can only place sounds for about 200 positions horizontally.
  • The more sounds, the longer it will take to compile, sounds that are further away from the start will take even longer.
  • Because the program freezes when you save a .WAV file, you may have to just be patient until it loads. Although most of the time, it will only take a second.

Credits:
  • Killerloader/ Me (Spriter and programmer)
  • Sulak (for creating the original traxmachine and the sounds)

Screenshots:
killerloader - Habbo Trax Creator V9 - RaGEZONE Forums

Please report any bugs, this is effectively the first release, as it has been completely remade, so i don't expect it to be 100% bug free.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Looks good. But i don't think many people will use it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks good. But i don't think many people will use it.
Yeah you're right, there wont be many interested people on ragezone. But it was mainly a learning project, and i posted it on another forum, where more people wanted this kind of thing.
Either way, i'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Being my first proper C++ program.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow really nice;
did you turn on the optimization of the c++ compiler?
which IDE did you use to create the GUI in C++, QT?
looks good thanks for sharing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow really nice;
did you turn on the optimization of the c++ compiler?
which IDE did you use to create the GUI in C++, QT?
looks good thanks for sharing

"- Optimize even more [-O2]" is enabled in the release build options, although it probably doesn't need it, and i did not set it myself, as it was set by default.
I programmed it with codeblocks, the loading and saving dialogue GUI boxes were just from using 'windows.h' so i didn't use any external GUI to make the popup GUI.
This post explains how to do it:

I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to all the windows GUI, i used QT once, but didn't like it much.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
AMAZING! I was looking for a just like that software. Thank you :eek:tt:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
AMAZING! I was looking for a just like that software. Thank you :eek:tt:

No problem, I'm surprised people are still finding this xD
If there are any feature requests, feel free to tell me, not that much more can be added.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
One small thing :) i see that the MP3 goes to 648 can this be expand to the sound_machine_sample_731

I've never heard of any more than 72 sets o_O
It's pretty simple to expand the number of sets you can use, but I would need to know the names of the other sets, and i would need to have the individual samples.

[EDIT]
Okay, I've found the sound files up to 730 (0 to 730, so 731 in total, but 0 being a blank sound)
But i can't find the actual names for the sets.
And 731 doesn't even divide by 9, so they aren't full sets?

[EDIT]
I'm done programming in the new sounds, and i've had to add a few more parts to the program, this is because the last trax set only has one sample in it, which made it complex to implement, but it works now, and the program should be stable.
I'll test it a bit more before releasing it.
I also need the names of the sets, if you could find them for me.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've never heard of any more than 72 sets o_O
It's pretty simple to expand the number of sets you can use, but I would need to know the names of the other sets, and i would need to have the individual samples.

[EDIT]
Okay, I've found the sound files up to 730 (0 to 730, so 731 in total, but 0 being a blank sound)
But i can't find the actual names for the sets.
And 731 doesn't even divide by 9, so they aren't full sets?

[EDIT]
I'm done programming in the new sounds, and i've had to add a few more parts to the program, this is because the last trax set only has one sample in it, which made it complex to implement, but it works now, and the program should be stable.
I'll test it a bit more before releasing it.
I also need the names of the sets, if you could find them for me.

Nice can't wait to see it !

Names .... have no clue, call them Random1 / 2 etc :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No problem, I'm surprised people are still finding this xD
If there are any feature requests, feel free to tell me, not that much more can be added.

The software is perfect :laugh:
Does it have to do a retro habbo to give to play snowstorm , BattleBall and wobble squabble ? I wanted a private retro habbo that swirled straight from the PC. You could create software that emulates the trax , would have to create one that emulates a habbo "offline" with these games ?
Thank you!
Sorry for my bad English.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The software is perfect :laugh:
Does it have to do a retro habbo to give to play snowstorm , BattleBall and wobble squabble ? I wanted a private retro habbo that swirled straight from the PC. You could create software that emulates the trax , would have to create one that emulates a habbo "offline" with these games ?
Thank you!
Sorry for my bad English.

So you're asking for an offline version of those habbo games?
Who would you play with? those are all multiplayer games xD (AI?)
I think programming those games is a massive step up from just a trax machine, i may be able to do it, but i don't really want to, sorry :p (Might as well just recreate oldschool habbo completely in c++ lol)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So you're asking for an offline version of those habbo games?
Who would you play with? those are all multiplayer games xD (AI?)
I think programming those games is a massive step up from just a trax machine, i may be able to do it, but i don't really want to, sorry :p (Might as well just recreate oldschool habbo completely in c++ lol)

Okay, thank you even so. I do not understand programming . Where you would get the codes to create a game like BattleBall ?
edit:yeah, i want play with AI

Last edited:
Back