Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
About the Infobus issue: This isn't an emulator issue. There is a bug in the database.

In public_items change:
(594, 'park_b', 'bar_basic', 10, 0, 0, 4, 0.001, 1, 1, 'solid,private_furniture', ''),
to:
(594, 'park_b', 'hububar', 10, 0, 0, 4, 0.001, 1, 1, 'solid', ''),

Reaction score
@Quackster My man, you are something else. Huge, huge respect to you.

I honestly never thought I'd see the day where a 1:1 replica of Habbo that anyone could download and use existed. I know in the past there were some people who got very close (especially behind closed doors) but this is huge. Imagine if we had this back in 2008/9/10... though Sulake would have probably taken you to court back then so... maybe it's good it took a bit longer! :p

Thank you for the time and effort you (and anyone who has helped you) have put into this. As you said above, this has been something you've worked on for years and thats admirable.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with Trax... I cannot manage to get it working.

I'm using v15 DCRs and I set up the server to emulate v15. Despite of that, when I open up the Trax editor, I get directly into the mixing screen without any sound set in the list (of course I have some of them in hand). I'm not even able to put the Jukebox in any room.

This is what I get when I open up the traxmachine:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]2021-01-30T16:19:37.489 ERROR [ErrorLogger] - Error occurred when handling (221) for user (test): [/COLOR]
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0 
        at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.streams.NettyRequest.readInt(NettyRequest.java:26) 
        at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.songs.GET_SONG_INFO.handle(GET_SONG_INFO.java:34) 
        at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.invoke(MessageHandler.java:507) 
        at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.handleRequest(MessageHandler.java:494) 
        at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:99) 
        at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:20) 
        at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105) 
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362
) 
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348
) 
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340) 
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:323) 
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:297) 
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362
) 
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348
) 
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340) 
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1408) 
) 
) 
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:930) 
        at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollStreamChannel$EpollStreamUnsafe.epollInReady(AbstractEpollStreamCha
nnel.java:799) 
        at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.processReady(EpollEventLoop.java:427) 
        at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.run(EpollEventLoop.java:328) 
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:905) 
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30) 
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)

Using JDK 12 from GNU/Linux, just in case.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with Trax... I cannot manage to get it working.

I'm using v15 DCRs and I set up the server to emulate v15. Despite of that, when I open up the Trax editor, I get directly into the mixing screen without any sound set in the list (of course I have some of them in hand). I'm not even able to put the Jukebox in any room.

This is what I get when I open up the traxmachine:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]2021-01-30T16:19:37.489 ERROR [ErrorLogger] - Error occurred when handling (221) for user (test): [/COLOR]
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0 
        at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.streams.NettyRequest.readInt(NettyRequest.java:26) 
        at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.songs.GET_SONG_INFO.handle(GET_SONG_INFO.java:34) 
        at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.handleRequest(MessageHandler.java:494) 
        at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:99) 
        at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:20) 
        at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105) 
) 
) 
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:323) 
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:297) 
) 
) 
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1408) 
) 
) 
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:930) 
        at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollStreamChannel$EpollStreamUnsafe.epollInReady(AbstractEpollStreamCha
nnel.java:799) 
        at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.processReady(EpollEventLoop.java:427) 
        at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.run(EpollEventLoop.java:328) 
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:905) 
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30) 
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)

Using JDK 12 from GNU/Linux, just in case.

1. Download these DCRs

2. Open server.ini and make the port listen on the v15 port value.

Code:
bind=127.0.0.1
v9.version.port=0
v14.version.port=0
v15.version.port=12321
v21.version.port=0
v26.version.port=0

3. Replace the CCTs files in that DCR pack with the CCTs in the /tools/ folder found in the Kepler download, called v15_ccts.zip, extract those.

The problem has nothing to do with the server, the problem is that you didn't replace the files.

Quackster My man, you are something else. Huge, huge respect to you.

I honestly never thought I'd see the day where a 1:1 replica of Habbo that anyone could download and use existed. I know in the past there were some people who got very close (especially behind closed doors) but this is huge. Imagine if we had this back in 2008/9/10... though Sulake would have probably taken you to court back then so... maybe it's good it took a bit longer! :p

Thank you for the time and effort you (and anyone who has helped you) have put into this. As you said above, this has been something you've worked on for years and thats admirable.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am going to do another update soon. I have fixed the infobus issue, added the missing public rooms, and made the walkways stored in the database instead of inside code. I am having trouble trying to compile it (duck Java, honestly).

Feel free to compile v1.33 yourself with JDK 12:

Migration for v1.33 can be found here:

This will be my last version. I started this project 3 years ago in Janurary 2018 and I have had enough working on it. I do not want to answer any more help and I will not address anymore issues, I just want the features working as I am tired of some of them breaking after a patch.

Please do not try v9, v23 and v26 clients and expect to open a hotel with them as they are not supported and I offer no support for them.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
1. Download these DCRs

2. Open server.ini and make the port listen on the v15 port value.

Code:
bind=127.0.0.1
v9.version.port=0
v14.version.port=0
v15.version.port=12321
v21.version.port=0
v26.version.port=0

3. Replace the CCTs files in that DCR pack with the CCTs in the /tools/ folder found in the Kepler download, called v15_ccts.zip, extract those.

The problem has nothing to do with the server, the problem is that you didn't replace the files.

Thank you.
Hi,

I already did these steps before posting in this thread. But nevermind, it seems it was a browser or Shockwave issue. Apparently it was using an old cached version of my CCTs and now it's solved.

Thank you very much for your time and effort on developing this emulator. Great job also for your archive.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: Kepler - Habbo Hotel v14 server (BattleBall, Camera, Trax, Rollers) [Java]

One of the project that I respect most. Thank you for updating and caring this project. I hope we see you in future habbo projects :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Quackster, thank you for this amazing release. Even though I left the Habbo Retro scene many, many years ago, I managed to get this up and running in just an hour... You are amazing and everything is so organized! I'm planning to use this code base to set up a local server for my friends when I'm older, just in case Habbo dies forever. The nostalgia this brings is priceless, I'm a developer myself so if I create something new I'll make sure to make it publicly available. I'm planning on running a v23 eventually and create new custom furniture (but that's been awhile).

Once again: thank you for this amazing release... <3

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

First of all, thank's you Quackster for this magnificent server after years.

I downloaded the v14 dcrs and added the v15 stuff too, both in client and server (in client replacing ccts and in server setting the port in the v15 slot).

All is fine except one thing...

Jukebox and tracks arent working, jukeboks don't display any floppy disk available to set:

50e144773778f5a5509c5acda0ee5ad5 - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

I appreciate your help. I know that the project is not supported but I think these things can be my fault (idk...) Thx...

PD: no server or client errors are thrown.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

First of all, thank's you Quackster for this magnificent server after years.

I downloaded the v14 dcrs and added the v15 stuff too, both in client and server (in client replacing ccts and in server setting the port in the v15 slot).

All is fine except one thing...

Jukebox and tracks arent working, jukeboks don't display any floppy disk available to set:

50e144773778f5a5509c5acda0ee5ad5 - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

I appreciate your help. I know that the project is not supported but I think these things can be my fault (idk...) Thx...

PD: no server or client errors are thrown.

It's not a server issue, but rather your shockwave version. When I used the lastest Shockwave version stuff like the Recycler didn't work etc. Uninstall your current shockwave and install instead.

Attachments

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When I click on the 'Rares' catalog page as a normal user, it gives me this error in console:
Code:
2021-04-02T23:02:41.978 ERROR [ErrorLogger] - Error occurred when handling (102) for user (Twan):
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.catalogue.GCAP.handle(GCAP.java:37)
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:163)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:677)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:612)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:529)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:491)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:835)

Using JDK 12 and Palemoon.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, thank you for this crazy good job. Makes me relive childhood a little bit during coronavirus.

Now a quick question in the round. Maybe someone has an idea. I'm currently working on the catalog and so far I've got by without any problems.

But now I have the problem that new headliners and teaser images just don't want to load. To be honest, I don't understand why. The size (286x60) is correct, the format (.GIF) is correct, everything is entered correctly in the database (catalog_xmas_headline2, catalog_xmas_teaser2), cache, cookies, everything is deleted every time and I also checked five times whether the files under c_images are correct. The link in the external_vars is also correct.

I then tried to use a banner from an existing catalog page and then the banner was displayed immediately. In my example it was catalog_alh_headline2 from the Alhambra series. If I copy paste this banner and call it catalog_alh_headline3 and enter it correctly in the database, then nothing is displayed to me again. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help

edit:
Okey I found it. As it always is somehow. You try around for 4 hours, look for help somewhere and suddenly you find the solution by chance. The solution was to save a copy of all banners and teasers in the same folder with the ending _en. For example. catalog_xmas_headline2 and catalog_xmas_headline2_en. Catalog_xmas_headline2 is then linked in the database. Super simple but if you haven't done anything in that direction for years then you get confused at first.

Btw Quackster do you have a Paypal to which I can send a tip as a thank you? Really nice project. If you compare that with 10 years ago. It's crazy how far the development has come

Last edited:
Reaction score
But now I have the problem that new headliners and teaser images just don't want to load. To be honest, I don't understand why. The size (286x60) is correct, the format (.GIF) is correct, everything is entered correctly in the database (catalog_xmas_headline2, catalog_xmas_teaser2), cache, cookies, everything is deleted every time and I also checked five times whether the files under c_images are correct. The link in the external_vars is also correct.

Shot in the dark but, try removing the alpha channel.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When I click on the 'Rares' catalog page as a normal user, it gives me this error in console:
Code:
2021-04-02T23:02:41.978 ERROR [ErrorLogger] - Error occurred when handling (102) for user (Twan):
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.catalogue.GCAP.handle(GCAP.java:37)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:163)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:677)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:612)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:529)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:491)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:835)

Using JDK 12 and Palemoon.

Try looking at , make sure rare.cycle.pages is filled in since it probably can't load any rares.

Offtopic:
The General your PMs and visitor messages are off so I can't reply on your visitor message so I'd advice enabling them also it was a mistake lol

PR0

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
This server was what my teenage year dreams were made of. Well done.

Has anyone come close to recreating this in a readily browser availability such as Shockwave and Flash used to be?

I am on Mac.. and I can use my Bootcamp Windows installation to join these servers however I wish to start a easily available community via all browsers one day... and my guess is that the only possibility is HTML5 Canvas variations and combinations these days?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This server was what my teenage year dreams were made of. Well done.

Has anyone come close to recreating this in a readily browser availability such as Shockwave and Flash used to be?

I am on Mac.. and I can use my Bootcamp Windows installation to join these servers however I wish to start a easily available community via all browsers one day... and my guess is that the only possibility is HTML5 Canvas variations and combinations these days?
Hi
Yeah I agree a Javascript client for V14 would be super cool. Quackster and I discussed this on discord a few weeks back but none of us have time to take a crack at it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone know why for all items with the database entry poster (id: 251) no small images are loaded? If someone doesn't know what I mean, I have attached an example. Do I have to change something in the settings under items_definitions for the corresponding entry? Everything is on default. V15 hotel

Or am I stupid and that's how it was back then? Can anyone remember that? If so, sorry my mistake

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I've forgott my old credentials.
I 've need register this account.

I'm deploying a Windows Server 2016 64 bits and make the steps that appears in the procedure.
Install JAVA, Install.. not MariaDB and PHP, but yes XAMPP.
Edit the bat with the correct credentials.
And check that the server starts correctly.

When I've opened the loader and try to register a new user, the loader disconnects me.

I've checked most of the pages of the topic but not find the issue or the fix.

Anyone knows what could happen?

7756c13550b46a72c840d0e223af7f69 - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

I've checked that if i put all in Localhost in .config file, the hotel loads correctly.
Its possible that my server provider has any block in the firewall outside.
I'll check.
Quackster - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Make sure you turn off your firewall, and if your ports are open etc.

3LH0Y Make sure you turn off your firewall, and if your ports are open etc.

Back