Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@alcom98 I have a fix for that, that I got from @Alito. I think he wanted to share it at some point but essentially he added the missing functionality to the "hh_furni_classes.cct". You can download it here:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Please, someone, i'm trying to use v14 DCR's from Quackster... but i've tried others too... when i attempt to registrate, i've been disconnected from the server and this message appears

Captura de tela 2021-12-04 105613 - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums
Quackster - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

what possibly could be?
Quackster - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please, someone, i'm trying to use v14 DCR's from Quackster... but i've tried others too... when i attempt to registrate, i've been disconnected from the server and this message appears

View attachment 170705

what possibly could be?
You most likely are connecting to the wrong ip, wrong port or they aren't open. If registration instantly gives the disconnect it's because the client is not able to connect to the server.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You most likely are connecting to the wrong ip, wrong port or they aren't open. If registration instantly gives the disconnect it's because the client is not able to connect to the server.

I managed to solve it, my ports were really different in the loader... now the problem is that it keeps loading infinitely, and I get these errors on the console:
Captura de tela 2021-12-04 120427 - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums
Captura de tela 2021-12-04 120527 - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks a lot for your help!!! :w00t:

I managed to solve it, my ports were really different in the loader... now the problem is that it keeps loading infinitely, and I get these errors on the console:
Captura de tela 2021-12-04 120427 - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums
Captura de tela 2021-12-04 120527 - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

I got it guys! the disconnect problem was related to the ports I was putting on the loader, and regarding the infinite loading, it was my database that in the config was with a different user... Thank you guys! now I can start work! thanks webbanditten

Attachments

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hello

It's likely I'll do another Kepler build, this is likely the final build but I'm unsure yet - built for JDK 11 so it should run fine if you have JDK 11 or later (no more 'what release to use' confusion).

My aim for this:

-
- Teleporters work correctly and more consistently (sometimes their animation doesn't play, it's weird).
- Better height drop/height go up pathfinding checks, which should be configurable per room if admins want to play with it.
- Configurable whether the "purchase successful" alert dialog box is shown after every purchase
-
- Call for help fixes.

Keep in mind that we're 2 months away from this project being 4 years old! That's amazing!

Hi everyone,

I'm almost done with this next release, I have a few more things to do, I'll put a release either this week or next week if all goes well!

Changelog so far:

- Height up/down is more configurable (going to abandon the idea of it being more configurable per room as there's ways around this by using teleporters anyways).
- Entering/leaving ladders is now more Habbo-like, instead of gliding into the pool, you "dive" into it.
- For some reason "public_roomwalkways" as a table was completely missing in the releases so I added it.

Up next

- Teleporter rewrites to make them appear more fluid (think like how they work in Classic Habbo)
- Call for help fixes

And then some other things, I don't know, right now I'm focusing on polishing this project.

Ladder demonstration:

Obviously Alex already knows about this. He is a mind reader, if you're not aware. It's on his backlog. Stop annoying him!

I actually wasn't aware of this.

I would like to ask a question. It is about items that use "Active Object Extension class", "Active Object class". Especially floors that use multiple states and therefore have to use them. Because of this, my habbo will always be on the upper left corner of the floor, regardless of whether you click on the other parts. Would it be possible to write a kind of "behavior" that ensures that one-click interactions with an object are ignored and only double-click interactions are allowed? So that I can walk normally over these floors but still be able to interact with them if I want? Or is that nonsense and there is an easier way how I could solve this?

Can you give me an example of a floor that does this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you give me an example of a floor that does this?

Hey Quackster, as an example I would say and . lt_patch uses different states that can be changed with a double click and lc_glass_floor has an animation. In either case, both use "Active Object Class", "Active Object Extension Class". There are also quite a few other floors that have been released since 2008 and that work that way. Before that, floors had no asset.index and therefore no object classes either. , for example, would be one of the older floors that don't have that. Thanks for the answer

1 - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums 2 - Kepler - Java v14+ server (SnowStorm, BattleBall, Camera, Wobble Squabble) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

is there an indepth version of how to create this?
It cannot get this to work.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi,

is there an indepth version of how to create this?
It cannot get this to work.
Pfew, where to start? Well, a few years programming experience wouldn't hurt. Extensive knowledge of the FUSE protocol and further $ulake specific implementation details would be good to know as well.

I presume you jumbled up what you meant to type, and are looking for a "tutorial" instead. Well, there's a whole section for this, as well as a help section. On top of that: most projects contain a README.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still using the Kepler server, this is the best release in years! I'm wondering if you will add ads in public rooms, would be great to advertize

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
View attachment 170706
View attachment 170707

I got it guys! the disconnect problem was related to the ports I was putting on the loader, and regarding the infinite loading, it was my database that in the config was with a different user... Thank you guys! now I can start work! thanks webbanditten

How did you fix this? Because i have the infinite loading too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Kepler - Habbo Hotel v14 server (BattleBall, Camera, Trax, Rollers) [Java]

Playing v14 on kepler is like playing a nostalgic dream. It's simply perfect, everything is working just perfect.
It gets creepy sometimes, playing alone in a giant hotel with no one in it, but I'm getting used to it.
Btw, I looked all ragezone and googled it a lot, but couldn't find a way to expand the catalogue.
I tried doing it byy myself, inserting new catalogue_pages and catalogue_items, but nothing seems to work.
If not much trouble, could someone give me directions?

(Quackster, you made an excelent work. Thank you, a lot! I wish the oldschool eras could rise again.)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Allan you need to first do the item defition in the item_difinitions table. Then create the catalogue page then do the catalogue item that has the reference to the item definition id and catalogue page ID.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No you don't have to. Informations for furnis is contained in "items_definitions". Interactions and dimensions and things like that are set there. Do not confuse with "items"! catalogue_items is there to make the item available in the catalog and specifies how much the item should cost, whether it is to be sold as a single item or as a package, etc. catalogue_pages in turn only contains information about the catalog pages. what are the names of the pages, catalog description and banner, who can see the page (user, HCs, moderator, admin, etc)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Kepler - Habbo Hotel v14 server (BattleBall, Camera, Trax, Rollers) [Java]

Well, I had no luck. Maybe I'm just too dumb.

Nevermind, figured it out. Just wish there was a easier way.

Ball like Wall
Reaction score
I've been messing with retros for more than 15 years and I've never known how to add/edit badges..

Using Kepler how do I add/edit badges? Changing anything in the c_images folder does nothing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Joocy you edit the database tables containing the badges assigned to users. I will see if I can't find time this week to make a chat command for managing badges and make a pull request.

Ball like Wall
Reaction score
Does the :givebadge command not already do that? I was messing around with badges in the hotel and was assigning myself badges to test but many just show as blank. Perhaps I didn’t properly check the database to see what 3-letter badge designations were assigned after issuing the command.

Btw your 2006 CMS is impressive, I don’t speak Danish but it looks really well done

Also, any chance you and would be willing to give me some tips on pulling Keplers source and making additions? I’ve tried in the past but didn’t get too far, and I’d really like to get better with Java.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back